Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Future 3D Space Combat

Arkerus
04.24.2012 , 02:10 PM | #101
I really hope your "ship" or whatever (fighter, bomber) has a progression system in full space combat.

That would be an awesome time sink and a great "alternative" way to play the game.
Hooning in the rex : http://youtu.be/xtXUM6yPMCY

Alericus
04.24.2012 , 02:15 PM | #102
Kinda ironic......a game called Star Wars...but so far not much Stars or Wars....hopefully they correct thtis oversight
Alaricus
"Through Strength I Gain Power!"

Lain
04.24.2012 , 02:28 PM | #103
6 months late and counting

Bluerodian
04.24.2012 , 02:40 PM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Zertheron View Post
There are some players who want it. But I also know many, many players who are not interested in space combat at all and just played the first missions. And "to do it right" needs lot of capacities. I'm quite sure multiplayer battles were planned in the beginning, but didn't work well. (Space station attack for example, where you start with 3 player ships on your side.)

@Utio: You have to pay the "space team" too.
I'm one of the players who has played only the first space mission and don't care for space in TOR BECAUSE it is not Open flight space. If it were open flight multiplayer space then I would get excited for it. I imagine many others would as well.
Long time player of SWG from cradle to grave. First Kettemoor, then Starsider.

Referral Link! You know you want to click on it.

Spartanik
04.24.2012 , 02:43 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by utio View Post
They should have had full space game in at launch. Playing catch up now is something they wouldn't have to have done. How on earth they could have made a star wars game without space is something I'll never get my head around.
And it's funny how they've been so quiet about it, but now it's come out top in the polls, suddenly they're soooo excited.
There is tons of star wars games that dont have space combat... Besides SWTOR is a sucessor of the KOTORS role playing games, obviously it reflects on this, since the kotors didnt had space combat. Well they had a mini game, naturaly swtor was meant to have a mini game as well, but people complained about an MMORPG not having a fully space combat, so they might be adding this, but it was never in the plans inicialy.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Also
Quote:
HK47: Statement: You are like a delightful random cruelty generator, master, poisoning all you touch with your presence. You are a testament to all organic meatbags everywhere.

RikHar
04.24.2012 , 02:48 PM | #106
Having 3D space means nothing if they're going to keep the straight rail game they have now. What they need to do is wipe out the current space system and put something similar to what SWG had. Free space roaming, pvp battles and missions where the enemy ships actually shoot back and you can engage in dog-fights.

Devako
04.24.2012 , 02:59 PM | #107
Anyone who enjoyed SWG's space content & pvp would agree that SWTOR could make this future expansion possible. A few years ago a friend of mine talked me into trying out the space mining and combat in SWG and I hated it at first, but once I built my own custom ship and did some pvp and missions, I was "hooked". I spent weeks mining asteroids and getting the schematics rewarded to build my BH a Black Sun Vigo Gunship after reaching Ace Pilot rank, it was amazing and even more fun with friends controlling the multi gun turrets while I flew it with a engineer and co-pilot. A lot of people complained of control issues, but a pc game controller solved that once you got use to it.
"There is no hunting like the hunting of a man. And those who've hunted armed men long enough, and like it, never really care for anything else thereafter."

Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade!

shepardcomander
04.24.2012 , 03:18 PM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by Rohanshot View Post
Could this mean 3D space combat is in the future for SWTOR?
Remember how much they hyped the legacy system updates back when they were actually in developing legacy? Now nothing but silence reagrding future space combat. When they have something worth talking about, they hype it up. When they have nothing but a few scribblings on a wall of crazy, they clam up. Look at what they are doing now.

Lord_Ravenhurst
04.24.2012 , 03:24 PM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by RikHar View Post
Having 3D space means nothing if they're going to keep the straight rail game they have now. What they need to do is wipe out the current space system and put something similar to what SWG had. Free space roaming, pvp battles and missions where the enemy ships actually shoot back and you can engage in dog-fights.
100 times YES!

/signed

lightSaberAddiCt
04.24.2012 , 03:27 PM | #110
Personally, I like the space combat as it is. It is a mini game. They only thing I would change is make all the space missions level with the mods added to ship, that way when you have level 5 mods, not every mission is grey.

So what if it is on rails, there is alot of cool rail games. I don't think the space missions were EVER advertised as anything other then what it is. An god, don't make any changes that resemble ANYTHING of SWG, cause that game really did well..../sarcasm off.