The Rakghoul Plague Outbreak Event - Best Ending ever!

Amorluce

The event started out peacefully on Wound in the Force server with the Republic and the Empire with an unofficial truce in effect. Things were peaceful and everyone could go about their business unmolested.

Sadly, this was not to last when the Republic players on the server broke the truce and started camping the event NPCs hours before the conclusion of the event.

Fortunately; the Empire banded together and vanquished those stinking Republic players.

We continued to slaughter ANY and ALL Republic on sight until the server went down for maintenance.

Seems the Republic was crying about us crapping on them over and over and over again.

Best ending to the event ever...A full operation just slaughtering Republican player after Republican player. Each Republican assault was pushed back and annihilated.

Edited by Amorluce

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The event started out peacefully on Wound in the Force server with the Republic and the Empire with an unofficial truce in effect. Things were peaceful and everyone could go about their business unmolested.

Sadly, this was not to last when the Republic players on the server broke the truce and started camping the event NPCs hours before the conclusion of the event.

Fortunately; the Empire banded together and vanquished those stinking Republic players.

We continued to slaughter ANY and ALL Republic on sight until the server went down for maintenance.

Seems the Republic was crying about us crapping on them over and over and over again.

Best ending to the event ever...A full operation just slaughtering Republican player after Republican player. Each Republican assault was pushed back and annihilated.

You know, the roles are supposed to be reversed here. It should have been the Empire breaking the truce and the Republic fighting them back. :confused:

The inverse was true for us XD

There was already some sort of unofficial truce going on as well (with the odd pvp kill, nothing to be worried about), then a certain hippie instigator on our empire side decided to kill all repubs and then I chimed in as well and started an ops group, only to break loose on hell, we managed to organize 2 full ops group, had the vendor lost, and gained control of it again.

Meanwhile a larger guild on the republic side was lining up to kill the Bantha world boss and we stopped them several times from trying to get it, only to band together a larger empire ops to not only kill the bantha but also the sarlaac pit world boss too.

But in the end we managed to maintain control of the vendor, it was awesome!

This all happened on Helm of Graush!

Congrats, sounds like the sort of epic battle that folks play on a PvP server for in the first place! :)

I'll bet the Republics (please don't use the word Republicans...it has...implications...in the US :p ) who were complaining didn't realize that their faction started the conflict to begin with.

The jokes on you! I've been killing Imperial players all week long! =P

You know, the roles are supposed to be reversed here. It should have been the Empire breaking the truce and the Republic fighting them back. :confused:

My server ended the same way, only even bigger. Republic players started an ops group to camp the vendor, so the Imperials had to take matters into their own hands and form an even bigger ops group, to the limit, to drive them out. Once that got boring, we decided to get even more brutal by overrunning their base nearby. Yes, the one with all those level 50 Champions guarding it. We eviscerated them as they landed, anyone who wasn't flagged soon would be because of the plague bombs we had, valiantly taking off their clothes and sacrificing themselves so that we could slaughter the unflagged pubs by the dozens.

We planned to head to Anchorhead next, then we realized we couldn't even get to anchorhead, so we returned to the vendor for one last furious battle. The Republic won the first round, then we came back and retook it right as the server was shutting down.

This was on a PvE server too, which made the QQ from people with Republic mains but Empire alts even funnier.

Edited by Vid-szhite

My server ended the same way, only even bigger. Republic players started an ops group to camp the vendor, so the Imperials had to take matters into their own hands and form an even bigger ops group, to the limit, to drive them out. Once that got boring, we decided to get even more brutal by overrunning their base nearby. Yes, the one with all those level 50 Champions guarding it. We eviscerated them as they landed, anyone who wasn't flagged soon would be because of the plague bombs we had, valiantly taking off their clothes and sacrificing themselves so that we could slaughter them by the dozens.

We planned to head to Anchorhead next, then we realized we couldn't even get to anchorhead, so we returned to the vendor for one last furious battle. The Republic won the first round, then we came back and retook it right as the server was shutting down.

This was on a PvE server too.

Now that's what I like to hear!

Also, on our server, the republic characters didn't seem to want an ops group, instead favouring to use their companions for quite some time.

I was concerned to see on my PvE server that the Empire players were exploiting the bug that flags opposing faction players when an infected player explodes next to them. They camped at the vendor and kept re-infecting on a rotation so that unsuspecting Republic players would be involuntarily flagged and then denied use of the vendor. This would seem to violate the rules of a PvE server. I wasn't personally affected by this, but many who did not know what they were doing and did not vaccinate before trying to trade their DNA samples were harassed. I hope those who participated in this behavior will be punished.

Well, not sure what was going on. I'm on a PVE server, and imps were camping the vendor area. Something like if you have the plague or are near an exploding plague victim, then you are involuntarily flagged pvp? I saw a lot of reps who came out to turn in stuff last minute and it looked like they got jumped by 10+ imps. Kinda sad really, if you die, you come back without it, so basically they were there to 1 time gank with no chance of retaliation? Or maybe they were just happily infecting each other? I donno, crazy kids these days...

Anyways, after getting a crystal, I begged from enough people with leftovers to get one companion box, and it isn't even usable by any of my companions. Really guys?

My server ended the same way, only even bigger. Republic players started an ops group to camp the vendor, so the Imperials had to take matters into their own hands and form an even bigger ops group, to the limit, to drive them out. Once that got boring, we decided to get even more brutal by overrunning their base nearby. Yes, the one with all those level 50 Champions guarding it. We eviscerated them as they landed, anyone who wasn't flagged soon would be because of the plague bombs we had, valiantly taking off their clothes and sacrificing themselves so that we could slaughter the unflagged pubs by the dozens.

This was on a PvE server too, which made the QQ from people with Republic mains but Empire alts even funnier.

So you just admitted to intentionally flagging people against their will on a PvE server. Hope you get hit with the ban hammer along with everyone else in your group. People choose to play on a PvE server precisely to avoid this sort of thing.

Fellow Imperial citzen. It was the same on our server swiftsure but it came to our knowledge that the republic scum started hiding in tatooine instance two mere minutes before the server shut down. This should not be allowed on a pvp server!!!

I find it interesting that on your server the republic were the instigators as it was the same on our server.

To the guy in a closed thread who said "they were forced to buy items with their imperial alts but quickly realized they were bound" could only POSSIBLY been talking about the grey rakghoul pet. The crystals were BOE (100% mailable) and the Custom Skins for companions were legacy tradable (also 100% tradable).

I didn't even try to send the pet to any one character but it was listed only as "unique" and not bound so as far as I could tell you should have been able to mail it assuming you didn't "call it" out and thereby activate on a toon as that toons pet.

I have to disagree. Repub players were aware of the plague and it's effects days before this moment. Vaccines are available not only from quests but from vendors. You have a daily to infect 10 people, they should have been aware of the consequences. And 2k to buy your 500k-1.5k million crystal is nothing. If they were killed it's their fault for being careless. Edited by Sireene
quote of removed post

To the guy in a closed thread who said "they were forced to buy items with their imperial alts but quickly realized they were bound" could only POSSIBLY been talking about the grey rakghoul pet. The crystals were BOE (100% mailable) and the Custom Skins for companions were legacy tradable (also 100% tradable).

I didn't even try to send the pet to any one character but it was listed only as "unique" and not bound so as far as I could tell you should have been able to mail it assuming you didn't "call it" out and thereby activate on a toon as that toons pet.

Pale Rakling wasn't bound either. I mailed mine to an alt.

Not the player but im the one they were helping the items were the skins and its no help that they can be mailed when all i have is an 11 sith no way to get to tatooine before the event ended

I have to disagree. Repub players were aware of the plague and it's effects days before this moment. Vaccines are available not only from quests but from vendors. You have a daily to infect 10 people, they should have been aware of the consequences. And 2k to buy your 500k-1.5k million crystal is nothing. If they were killed it's their fault for being careless.

Yeah and those vaccines were both purchasable, and obtainable from quests, I ended up stockpiling mine (had like 10) but hardly used mine as I wanted to explode more.

Albeit I was on a PvP server, so I'm not sure as to how the flagged mechanics would work on a PvE one, aside for mechanics used in the WZs.

I have to disagree. Repub players were aware of the plague and it's effects days before this moment. Vaccines are available not only from quests but from vendors. You have a daily to infect 10 people, they should have been aware of the consequences. And 2k to buy your 500k-1.5k million crystal is nothing. If they were killed it's their fault for being careless.

Many people had no idea that they could be flagged simply by being near someone exploding from the plague. I don't know why it is up to them to be aware of that glitch rather than being up to the people on the other side not to exploit it.

I don't think it is reasonable to blame a player on a PVE server for expecting they would have to flag themselves for PVP. That's sort of the whole point of a PVE server.

Although there was a thread about this bug on the forum, many people did not know about it until tonight when the Imps were exploiting it. And when players are going to opposing faction bases and involuntarily flagging people who taxi in, as someone admitted to earlier in this thread, that clearly violates the TOS on a PvE server. Exploiting a bug to force someone to PvP on a PvE server is against the rules.

Yeah and those vaccines were both purchasable, and obtainable from quests, I ended up stockpiling mine (had like 10) but hardly used mine as I wanted to explode more.

Albeit I was on a PvP server, so I'm not sure as to how the flagged mechanics would work on a PvE one, aside for mechanics used in the WZs.

To be clear, the availability of the vaccine wasn't the issue. The issue was that people were unaware of the necessity of using the vaccine in order to prevent becoming PVP flagged.

On my server the imps tried to camp it. The pubs got 20 people from our local pvp guild. We slaughtered them . They came back once, we killed them again, then we left(we didn't counter camp the vendor).

The reason we did not counter camp the vendor is because its boring and a waste of time. I really never understood the people who get thrills out of griefing. It is not fun for either side. Its like playing a console game with god mode on. Or playing chess by yourself. You always know who the winner is and what the outcome will be. How is that fun? I'd rather watch grass grow. Atleast I don't know what direction the blades will sprout.

Is it fun to watch your favorite sport team when one of the teams is getting slaughtered? no not really. Its a much funner watch if the game is tight and close. Even if your team looses they played a great game.

The people camping the vendor are the same type of people that run bots on call of duty and battlefield that think they are awesome when they are on top of the leader board while using mods. The people that like to do this are unfortunately children. These people also are highly likely to have sith characters because they are "cooler"

And for those wondering...

We have a 3/1 imp/pub ratio. But the imps on our server suck so it takes like 8 of us to kill 12 of them. So it balances in that way alone. We win 2/3rds of our pvp war zones.