Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Deception Tree needs a buff

maooo
04.24.2012 , 01:11 AM | #1
Deception tree in PVP is completely up, and cd's of shock and discharge are way to big.

Veltoss
04.24.2012 , 01:25 PM | #2
I think deception is fine how it is for PvP. If anything, we could use some sort of extra/buffed utility type spell to make it a bit easier. But really, if you know what you're doing, deception is pretty good in PvP. I can defend/attack objectives effectively, kill huttball carriers and slow them/stun them to keep them back from the goal, kill healers, and cause general chaos without much of a problem. Yes, we're squishy, but that's why we have so many ways to stun/slow people and escape a fight. We have pretty good dps when you use the right abilities at the right time, watching your buffs.
Hate is the only true companion to a Sith.

Iraas
04.24.2012 , 09:29 PM | #3
I dont think we are too bad. If anything I'd like a skill/talent that allowed us to stun for 2 secs strong/elite mobs and players with either discharge or shock. It wouldn't necessarily have a cooldown but perhaps require 2 stacks of Voltaic.
Maaliss - Assassin Feuri - Marauder Visaj - Sorcerer Rayge - Juggernaut
The Shadowsblade Legacy - Master Dar'Naala Oceanic PvP server

dcwsfu
04.25.2012 , 08:33 AM | #4
I recently hit 50 and for 2 weeks thought deception was massively underpowered and I was incredibly frustrated by my pitiful performance. Then I realized I had been pvping without a focus since I hit 50. I'm an idiot. Now I at least feel somewhat useful.

verfallen
04.25.2012 , 10:36 AM | #5
Deception is fine as it is, its simply not made for brawl, which you encounter often in WZ.

Imo, only thing that could get some loving is a talent that boost spike damage or make it synergize with one of your other talents.

usirfail
04.25.2012 , 11:43 AM | #6
If i could buff deception i would want it so Dark Swell also let me use spike while black out was active.

I'd would also like it if they moved Disjunction down one tier tree to make it accessible for other specs rather than jus darkness.

Treisababe
04.25.2012 , 11:45 AM | #7
i like the idea of using spike when blackout is up. But as far as for buffs i think the only thing that could be nice is having our bubble on a lower cd to help the "squishy" that we have

Carico
04.25.2012 , 09:40 PM | #8
I wish we had a dmg mitigation cooldown. It doesn't have to be anything OP like the marauders 99% dmg reduction, but even something like 20% for say 5-10sec would be great. I think the dps, and mechanics are just fine where they are, we just need a little survivability.
Burden I see your schwartz is as big as mine

verfallen
04.26.2012 , 02:20 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Carico View Post
I wish we had a dmg mitigation cooldown. It doesn't have to be anything OP like the marauders 99% dmg reduction, but even something like 20% for say 5-10sec would be great. I think the dps, and mechanics are just fine where they are, we just need a little survivability.
Even Darkness doesn't have that. You do have 2 powerful avoidance technique in deflection and force shroud.

About spike, its not much about using it out of stealth. Thats Darkness thing, and Deception have low slash as an out of stealth CC already. Actually thinking more about making it a powerful opener, either damage wise or making it a sure proc of surging charge/exploit weakness. Would give you a sure Duplicity Maul there.

Thegriss
04.26.2012 , 07:04 AM | #10
Try darkness spec in full dps gear. You will be amazed.