rakghoul dna samples after event ends

utahegg

Throw them away (as they can't be sold to a vendor; no value) or put them away for if the event comes back.

I would first go to Tatooine and see if the vendor is still there, even though the event ended (assuming there's anything you want for 35 DNA). THey may keep the vendor around for a period of time.

Otherwise, just put them in your bank for a while. The nature of the event seemed to imply that there may be future outbreaks on other planets, in which case you may be able to use the samples again.

Yeah don't throw them away. If you have a look at the dev posts forum you'll see there was an unclear message about how the vendor will be leaving when the event ends but he may be back.

Personally I just sold all that I had left when I was ready to log off. It was a great way for lower levels to compete in a market on a level footing with higher levels. So I sold 16 DNA samples for 100k towards the end of the event to a level 50. For the lvl 50 those credits were pretty insignificant, but for the character selling them that 100k was very useful. Lots of people thought my prices were extortionate, until they realised no one was selling them for the 2k each they were hoping for :) By the time they agreed to pay more everyone selling them had already offloaded their stock.

I was away for a while and came back, and had no idea what was going on.

It wasn't until very late in the day when I discovered the whole thing with DNA samples and the vendors.

I only got 20 samples, but I stashed them in my cargo. I would hope that they would make this an annual event. They have it coded in now, so they can bring it back next year and give new players, or people like me that were just out of the loop, a chance to earn the titles and to get some of the items.

Seems like a waste to do all of the work to put that content into the game and just have it run for a couple of weeks ever.

I was away for a while and came back, and had no idea what was going on.

It wasn't until very late in the day when I discovered the whole thing with DNA samples and the vendors.

I only got 20 samples, but I stashed them in my cargo. I would hope that they would make this an annual event. They have it coded in now, so they can bring it back next year and give new players, or people like me that were just out of the loop, a chance to earn the titles and to get some of the items.

Seems like a waste to do all of the work to put that content into the game and just have it run for a couple of weeks ever.

Don't count on it. Other MMOs have had similar events that only happen one time. Many of us would much rather they put time into making more of these events -- rather than seeing the same one again.

Don't count on it. Other MMOs have had similar events that only happen one time. Many of us would much rather they put time into making more of these events -- rather than seeing the same one again.

Well, it's hard to tell. I don't think they'll have the exact same event - but I also wouldn't be surprised if there's different plague event on another planet. But that's just sepculation.

Anyway, I would just put it in your Cargo Hold for a while. It only takes up one slot. Maybe it will remain useless forever, maybe you'll someday be able to do something with it.

You are more definitive than you should be. It's entirely possible the event could return or that the samples could be used for another purpose; you just don't know.

You are more definitive than you should be. It's entirely possible the event could return or that the samples could be used for another purpose; you just don't know.

Nothing definitive about what i said. No one should count on them doing this event again -- that's all i'm saying. 5 DNA aren't worth the one slot they take up. Now, someone with 200 DNA or something like that should certainly hang onto them. But that's just my opinion.

Why did i bust my light saber to get DNA Samples if i cannot sell them. I love star wars this is why i started to play but i am so ready to move on. not a happy sith....

If i would of known that there was a ending date on this i would of sold them. I was gone a couple of of days when I logged back in is when i found out so now i have to play 24/7 everyday to find these things out.

Simple soulution leave the Vendor there so you can sell them if you need to so those that of us that do not play 24/7 still have that option.

Edited by Masterjoruus

Why did i bust my light saber to get DNA Samples if i cannot sell them. I love star wars this is why i started to play but i am so ready to move on. not a happy sith....

Perhaps you should have sold them before the event ended.

Perhaps you should have sold them before the event ended.

The problem really was how the event was communicated. There was no email, no in-game information (like something in your mail, a holocron message, or some other way of saying "the end is nigh"), there was nothing on the launcher, there was no blog post, and even the post advertising the event made no mention of an end-date (even after the event had ended it was still there as if the event was still live!).

Communication on the event ending was purely done through a single post in the 'general' forum! A very large number of people don't go anywhere near that forum, because it is full of anger and idiots. A large number of people don't even come to these forums ... they play the game and expect to able to learn everything they need from the game itself, backed up by the odd excursion for specific information. For some people they only found out about the event ending after it happened, because they came to the forums to find out what they were supposed to do with their DNA.

Forum reading shouldn't be compulsory for an in-game event, so this communication was handled poorly.

The problem really was how the event was communicated. There was no email, no in-game information (like something in your mail, a holocron message, or some other way of saying "the end is nigh"), there was nothing on the launcher, there was no blog post, and even the post advertising the event made no mention of an end-date (even after the event had ended it was still there as if the event was still live!).

Communication on the event ending was purely done through a single post in the 'general' forum! A very large number of people don't go anywhere near that forum, because it is full of anger and idiots. A large number of people don't even come to these forums ... they play the game and expect to able to learn everything they need from the game itself, backed up by the odd excursion for specific information. For some people they only found out about the event ending after it happened, because they came to the forums to find out what they were supposed to do with their DNA.

Forum reading shouldn't be compulsory for an in-game event, so this communication was handled poorly.

This.

Join a guild. The game is really tailored to folks who group up in guilds. In any decent sized guild (e.g. 8+ people), one of them is bound to be a PvP veteran who reads the forums, knows the latest news and can communicate it to the rest of the guild.

Edited by funkiestj

+1 :jawa_tongue:

If you didn't know when it was ending, this was purely your own fault. The information was available to those who clicked the launcher link about it.