Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

What do you think about 1.2 and operation accessibility?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
What do you think about 1.2 and operation accessibility?

Valhalyn
04.24.2012 , 12:28 AM | #21
There was no insult to you, and even if there were I'd probably find it justified. Goto Anchorhead around 9pm, get onto the fleet and start checking people's gear. Most are in Rakata. Which would mean if we use that server as a base, most people are seeing HM EV and KP, and at least Story Mode EC. But we cant really use that arguement as alot of the people that may not be could very well be alts that arent meant to be geared like their mains are.

Reryn
04.24.2012 , 12:35 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Valhalyn View Post
There was no insult to you, and even if there were I'd probably find it justified. Goto Anchorhead around 9pm, get onto the fleet and start checking people's gear. Most are in Rakata. Which would mean if we use that server as a base, most people are seeing HM EV and KP, and at least Story Mode EC. But we cant really use that arguement as alot of the people that may not be could very well be alts that arent meant to be geared like their mains are.
So it's OK to insult me?

Everyone who isn't in Rakatta is an alt?

I disagree about anchorhead, although I will go check it out.
ị▀ịị≡▀ị▀╠▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒
Council of Seven Vote, come join our democracy of evil!

NotRonin
04.24.2012 , 12:38 AM | #23
The biggest impediment to raiding is not gear : it''s voice communication.

As to Explosive Conflict, the story mode is what you move onto after finishing EV/KP on HM. So it's

EV/KP normal -> EV/KP Hardmode -> EC Normal -> EV/KP Nightmare -> EC Hardmode

Valhalyn
04.24.2012 , 12:38 AM | #24
I didnt say everyone that isnt in Rakata is an alt, I said we cant use the fleet arguement because you cant guarantee that the players not in Rakata or even Columi arent Alts.

Valhalyn
04.24.2012 , 12:40 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by NotRonin View Post

As to Explosive Conflict, the story mode is what you move onto after finishing EV/KP on HM. So it's

EV/KP normal -> EV/KP Hardmode -> (EV/KP Nightmare) EC Normal ->EC Hardmode

Fixed

But that's not to say that EC is on the same difficulty as EV and KP NiM. Only the gear progression is similar.

LagunaD
04.24.2012 , 01:14 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Reryn View Post
Will the average player continue to play a game where they can't complete new content or have access to top end gear?
Don't mean this as a swipe at the OP, but my experience from pugging flashpoints is that a large fraction of casual players exploit/skip/bug-out as many non-trivial bosses as possible, and thereby deny themselves of the ability to learn to deal with fight mechanics and play their classes better. When they later encounter mechanics-intensive fights in raids (which were fairly scarce in EV/KP), they have problems.

For me, 1.2 (Lost Island and EC) is a MAJOR improvement in the quality of the content.
Dagoreth/Shadow - Martina/Sentinel - Sandrine/Commando - Silmara/Scoundrel
Belechannas/Sage - Knox/Vanguard

Vixxa/Marauder - Niobe/Sorceror
The Harbinger

snowmon
04.24.2012 , 02:27 AM | #27
the problem is going to be seen more in the next content patch, the gear progression is just like it was in TBC WoW, and we all remeber the Sunwell dont we?
when top end guilds start to lose people and need to find replacements they are going to have to run older content to gear up their newer members to replace old ones gone, this is the problem WoW had and why they changed the gear progression in Wrath.

i was afraid they was going to use the same system and it seems i was right, but it will be much worse in the next content patch.
lvl 55 PT DPS, ToFN Server

Hxxr
04.24.2012 , 02:47 AM | #28
Gear Progression with Wrath rendered everything but the newest raiding tier moot.

As far as I know this is neither wanted by the raiding playerbase or the development team.

You can skip T1.1 already if you feel like it btw. Skipping Columi not so much, unless you're an alt that can get dragged along, and I think that's a good thing.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rtwozero View Post
Just remember that combat logs only state mathamatical facts. They are not rude or arrogant.

Onibubu
04.24.2012 , 03:00 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by NotRonin View Post
EV/KP normal -> EV/KP Hardmode -> EC Normal -> EV/KP Nightmare -> EC Hardmode
No, the progression is:
EV/KP normal -> EC Normal -> EC Hardmode

Why you may ask?
EC SM is designed for a full columi group, which dropps in SM EV/KP, because it rewards rakata (the next higher itemset).
And no, I dont say you clear it in the first night if you go there with full columi, but its doable!

As for now, my opinion is as follows:
SM difficulty is fine, HM difficulty is fine.
And believe me, when they release nightmare mode of EC they will nerf SM and HM.
I feel it in my guts.
Knights of the Shadows, Vanjervalis Chain - Republik
T1:10/10 NM T2:4/4 HM
http://knightsoftheshadows.de/

Karasuko
04.24.2012 , 03:05 AM | #30
I have to ask this.
If the carrot isn't juicy enough, why should the horse pull the cart?

I'll be blunt, I havent seen KP norm cleared, i have only cleared EV twice and done 4/5 EV HM once. At no point do I feel the need to be dripping in rakata (i do have a few pieces god bless dailys)or even the need to be in EC.

There is nothing wrong with bioware keeping all content relevant for the masses as they release new things.
More things to do= more time online,
more people online=larger community
larger community=more things to do

I've read alot of people appluading Blizzards "brilliant" involve everyone raid model. Everyone is happy to thorw out "well they've got 10 million subs so they must be right" card. Yet everyone forgets where that massive subscription jump happened.Remember when it happened? during the burning crusade ie when blizzard was using the raid model that bioware is using now.

I hope Bioware sticks with their current raid model, that doesn't undervalue peoples efforts as horribly as blizzard did, It drove me from the game after 5 years, it destroyed atleast 5 guilds i'd been part of for that time and alot of other guilds i'd had dealings with. it also emptied my friendlist while shattering my original server

Take the hint, If people don't have a carrot to go for they stop playing till the next "Big patch/Game"