Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The Reason I'm Quitting.

DonTickles
12.17.2011 , 01:19 PM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Roundpenguin View Post
If I went into a restaurant with a million people, I would have the common sense to realize that I'm probably not the only person waiting for service

I imagine if the restaurant allowed in a million people they would only do it if they could adequately serve them.
*~*~*This is my creative forum signature.*~*~*

Sakrelige
12.17.2011 , 01:22 PM | #12
Boy, i'll sure miss all the whining you were bound to do...

you didn't even make it to launch. o well

DarthNeon
12.17.2011 , 01:28 PM | #13
I have to agree, I predicted the security system BioWare/EA is using for SWTOR was going to be an issue. Its downright useless in terms of ACTUAL account security. I don't care what any "security analyst" told BioWare, he is utterly and entirely wrong and r*ed.

I won't go into discussing my credentials on this, but BioWare NEEDS to change their security system, no sane person can remember months or years down the line (heck even weeks!) what answers they have put.

The security system (I think) is mostly like this on purpose though, so that we buy a security key dongle thingy. and not actually to ensure maximum account security.

A steamguard type system would be far superior or many other viable security systems that are not this insane and that actually WORK.

Once this game has launched there will be scammers on email and in the game itself that will pose as a security member asking for email/password/security question answers, etc...

For which the current system is useless. While it's true you have to be a fool to fall for such ploys, people will fall for them.

moiraesfate
12.17.2011 , 01:30 PM | #14
So you're rage quitting. Because that always solves all the problems, right?

Roundpenguin
12.17.2011 , 01:32 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by DonTickles View Post
I imagine if the restaurant allowed in a million people they would only do it if they could adequately serve them.
I imagine they'd have a lot of bathrooms too . People just need to calm down, get a drink, and relax. It's just a game. Understand that this is an insanely busy time for customer service, your problem isn't going to be resolved in 15 minutes.

xTHENKx
12.17.2011 , 01:32 PM | #16
The game isn't even released yet dude. There are bugs now and there will be bugs for months after release date too. There is no reason to quit. You have 9999+ people complaining about logins, video bugs, application load issues, and the list goes on. It's gonna take time and maybe for your troubles they'll give you a free month subscription. Who knows.. just chill a bit.
Desktop - AMD 8150 3.6 Ghz | 8GB Ram | SLI GeForce 560
Laptop - i3 2.1 Ghz | 4GB Ram | ATI Radeon 4330

For the Sith

Darthshnooky
12.17.2011 , 01:35 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Peetza View Post
Hello, it is possible to have enough people take the calls. Farm it out or get some temps.
Right, because those people would be able to provide help or know what's going on. There is only so much a company can do.

DonTickles
12.17.2011 , 01:36 PM | #18
I imagine they'd have a lot of bathrooms too .
lol. Thanks for the laugh
*~*~*This is my creative forum signature.*~*~*

Edvoli
12.17.2011 , 01:38 PM | #19
Ok, just think. If your call take over 2 hours, then think it might be alot of people before you. Because it is a Big launch.

Think of the one calling cause their jacket looks brown but says red, or the one with the little spot up in the little corner. You see, all think their issue is huge and sits their in line taking up space.

Now I havent been on a call or made a ticket. But start to think about reasons why you have to sit there.

Now im gonna sit and wait in my line and read some more subjects with a smile.

Happy saturday all, christmas soon

SnugglePrime
12.17.2011 , 01:41 PM | #20
If I went into a restaurant with a million people, I would have the common sense to realize that I'm probably not the only person waiting for service
^ I am gonna have to agree with that.