Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Cannot Complete Agent Story Line Bug

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
Cannot Complete Agent Story Line Bug
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Osuss
05.16.2012 , 09:29 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by AmberGreen View Post
As several of you have reported, unfortunately, The Star Chamber mission is still unable to be completed for some Imperial Agents. We apologize for the inconvenience. This is a high-priority issue for us, and we are currently working on a fix for an upcoming patch. Thanks very much for your patience!
Oh give me a break... "HIGH PRIORITY" ?? That's laughable at best....

Months later and its not fixed? I wonder how long low priority things take to get fixed? You know like server population and such.....
Zoom Zoom Zooooom

CajunSinjin
05.16.2012 , 11:59 AM | #22
I was all pysched thinking it was fixed. I go and reset the mission, again, and I still get a red door! How am I suppose to do the daily, end game content when I can't complete my class story?

And no, I don't want to go back and select a different option, I want to play the story with the option I choose.
"When you see someone coming at you with a light saber, don't ask them where they got it - just run!"

CrimsonTrout
05.16.2012 , 01:14 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by CajunSinjin View Post
I was all pysched thinking it was fixed. I go and reset the mission, again, and I still get a red door! How am I suppose to do the daily, end game content when I can't complete my class story?

And no, I don't want to go back and select a different option, I want to play the story with the option I choose.
The Ilum dailies at least should no longer be tied to the quest chain.

islander
05.16.2012 , 01:22 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by schnopsnosn View Post
Pathetic testing.
I suggest stepping up your testing and actually hire competent testers.
This is becoming a disaster.
It's not pathetic testing. Well, I think the pathetic testing is secondary.

Honestly, at this point I've come to realize the reality - it's pathetic coders.

There's a reason Xalek's shield defense bonuses took until 1.2.4 to be fixed. There's a reason these geniuses couldn't rebuild a UI worth .02 until 1.2. There's a reason they can't make chat bubbles work. There's a reason it took them the better part of 8 months to allow match to chest again. There's a reason they can't figure out how to automatically transfer characters, and they can't just auto-create level 50's on the PTS.

These coders stink. Bottom line.

Now that I've been involved with this game for about 9-10 months now, it's all clear now. This game is dying because the coders/engine combination is positively terrible :/
Gėllies Erimosi, Imperial Deadeye
<Hex> Prophecy of the Five

DARKLORDDAISHI
05.17.2012 , 09:47 AM | #25
I'm having trouble on Voss on the "Finding Vengeance" story quest cutscene for investigating the Bounty hunter's Corridornates cuts off at different times. I've sent 2 tickets in the last 3 days so far...
Brute Force may not always the best option but it's ALWAYS an option.

Quatchkopf
05.17.2012 , 03:28 PM | #26
I am frustrated myself but not as much as you guys. I am willing to cut them some slack. I don't know anything about coding but I have to imagine it's not easy. I am positive they do care about our problems and are just as frustrated when stuff like this happens. Obviously its not easy to fix or it would have been already.

Niathaur
05.17.2012 , 09:26 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Quatchkopf View Post
I am frustrated myself but not as much as you guys. I am willing to cut them some slack. I don't know anything about coding but I have to imagine it's not easy. I am positive they do care about our problems and are just as frustrated when stuff like this happens. Obviously its not easy to fix or it would have been already.
I did a fair amount of coding myself. The fix for this should be quite straightforward for any decently experienced coder, as it affects NOTHING later in the game besides the ending. from what it looks to me is that its an "if" command.

The fact is they simply do not give a ****. When EA bought BW, they lost 75% of the original coders (most of who worked on SWTOR) and 95% of the people who did ME series, hence the uber epic fail of ME3 ending. EA no longer wants to spend the money to hire competent people, and is probably just kidnapping real people and rolling their faces on keyboards in hope that it fixes the problem.

CajunSinjin
05.19.2012 , 08:17 AM | #28
I worked with a customer service "droid" today. I re-ran the mission for a fourth time, but this time with my graphics all turned to low. Didn't work

I'm torn between giving up and picking a different option and leaving it hanging to help them try to fix it.
"When you see someone coming at you with a light saber, don't ask them where they got it - just run!"

CajunSinjin
05.19.2012 , 08:20 AM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by CrimsonTrout View Post
The Ilum dailies at least should no longer be tied to the quest chain.
I confirmed with the CSR droid that the Ilum quest can only be run once my story line is finished

BradTheImpaler
05.25.2012 , 03:10 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Quatchkopf View Post
This. I'm having the same problem with "Finding Vengeance"...guess I'll just do some minor quests until it gets fixed in a patch or something.
In the Imperial Army, it takes more courage to retreat than to advance.