Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How would you improve the GTN?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How would you improve the GTN?

UCKFred
04.24.2012 , 02:57 AM | #11
Allow people to put up buy orders where other players sell to the buyer at the specified price.

Slainy
04.24.2012 , 03:01 AM | #12
Buying crafting schematics would be much easier if we had the option of only showing schematics we haven't learned yet.

EVILREG
04.24.2012 , 03:04 AM | #13
Would be nice to have a simple way to price cheack your items.

much like you can link it in to chat just a method to click on an item in your invent and list the items currently for sale that match your item.

would be alot easier.

chimunga
04.24.2012 , 04:02 AM | #14
Wouldn't a cross-faction GTN be kinda bad, lore-wise. Maybe planet specific cross-faction GTN, like on Nar Shadaa?

I think having a cross server GTN would have market ramifications that we couldn't even predict. You are also assuming that the magical Bioware tech wizzards already have it in their hat to be able to do that, whereas it seems like it would be reeaaalllyyyy complicated to me.

I know it's really simple, but being able to TAB through options would help me a lot. Having to click everything gets annoying when I'm trying to set up sear parameters.

Other than that, it works just fine for me. I think having an automated undercut feature, or something that alerts you to someone else undercutting you is just kind of silly and pointless. And it also makes it so that people who aren't online constantly just plain lose.

Bug fixes would be awfully nice though.

Screaming_Ziva
04.24.2012 , 04:03 AM | #15
I don't really have a problem with the way the GTN is currently set up if they would just fix the bugs. Some of the menu choices require you to select a rariity level when browsing but, as long as you know about it, it isn't a big deal. The worst part is that the filter doesn't work. I look for augments every couple of days and see a ton of Might augments listed. However, when I enter Might into the text box to filer the search results, almost of the Might augments appear:

http://img829.imageshack.us/img829/4...2042216380.jpg

http://img843.imageshack.us/img843/6...2042216381.jpg

chimunga
04.24.2012 , 04:03 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Slainy View Post
Buying crafting schematics would be much easier if we had the option of only showing schematics we haven't learned yet.
^^ That would be handy, too.

Ziso
04.24.2012 , 07:22 AM | #17
Alot of items no longer show up if searching unless you choose the rarity from "any". Space equipment, mounts and companion gifts are just 3 of the items affected. Wish they would revert to "any" showing all.

XElementalX
04.24.2012 , 07:28 AM | #18
Step 1:

Fire the developers who created the original version.
Now playing:
Revolverheld John <Das Wayne-Vermächtnis>
Sithdartha <Das Gautama-Vermächtnis>

Serbegorn
04.25.2012 , 06:25 AM | #19
A cross server GTN would be a HORRIBLE idea! Each server's economy is unique. A cross server GTN would obliterate that. I'd be floored if they added that.

DarthTasan
04.25.2012 , 08:15 AM | #20
I loved the idea of the contracts, this could really improve monetary income for crafting-lovers, also, I do think cross server GTN could be implemented, but the sinc of the trading would be a nigthmare, so, if someone could get a vote for, I'll vote CONTRACTS!!!!
The force shall free me...