Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

How would you improve the GTN?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
How would you improve the GTN?

funkiestj
04.23.2012 , 10:48 AM | #1
Obviously #1 on folks list is "fix the terrible search bugs in the GTN". Assuming that is fixed, how would you rate the following improvements:
  1. combining markets across multiple servers. Classic market theory says bigger markets are better. This change could mean combining all GTNs for a category (PvE, PvP, RP) or some number of servers so that a target market population is reached.
  2. adding the ability to list "buy contracts" (e.g. "I am willing to buy <x> units of item <y> at price <z>"? Eve online has this and I think it is great! It makes it easier to get a window into market demand.
  3. <insert your great idea here>

Please rank and comment on #1 and #2 above along with making your own suggestions.

Mr. Hat says "BW support is the best"!
I am a bad player, so what?

WLpride
04.23.2012 , 10:59 AM | #2
GTN should reset searches after stepping away from it

Pressing Enter after entering a Sell Price enters the auction.

Sort by Price-Per item (for stacks of items)

that's it.

GnatB
04.23.2012 , 12:29 PM | #3
1. Fix bugs.
2. Sales History (last X sales of an item, both when buying or when selling.)
3. Price per item sort
4. More than 50 slots
5. Buy contracts (like that idea, especially considering how many different types of items one can make with the prefix system)

EdratLightindark
04.23.2012 , 12:50 PM | #4
Make the GTN an actual server wide selling point. I.e. when you list something it shows up on all Kiosks on the server, Imp or Reb.

When an item you want to sell expires have the option to relist it. SWG had this and it was very nice. When an item expired it went into the vendor storage. All you had to do was go to the storage, highlight an item (or all of em, depending on how many you had listed) and hit the relist button. Would save A LOT of time if you list many items.

Up the number of items you can list on the market.

all I can think of atm...
Edrat - Jedi Sent (SWG-Shadowfire)(SWTOR-Canderous Ordo)

Serbegorn
04.23.2012 , 10:02 PM | #5
I'd find a competent developer to work on it.

P.S. And some QA testers that can form coherent sentences to test it.

Agrocasey
04.23.2012 , 11:19 PM | #6
I would like to suggest they include features that are available in the WoW AH Mod, Auctionator. This is probably one of the most user-friendly AH interfaces that I have used in the different MMOs that I've played.

These features include the following:
  • Being able to sort by price per item, so we can more easily see the cheapest group of items to buy
  • When displaying a searched item, group items that are the same price into one row, with the number of items available at that price displayed.
  • The inclusion of shopping lists, where you can store searches for related items in a group, and would allow for easier searching of items you need to produce a manufactured item.
  • When putting an item up to sell, check the prices on the same item already up on the GTN, and automatically suggest a price that undercuts by a specified amount, set by the user.
  • When putting up a stack of items to sell, provide the option to set the price per item rather than a total price for the entire stack, and have the GTN automatically calculate the total price.
  • Provide a scan function of your current items up on the GTN, to see which items have been undercut. This feature is probably not that applicable in this particular game, due to the way that deposits work compared to other MMOs

Additionally, on the search tab, allow for dragging an item into the search field to populate it, rather than having to enter the name in manually. Finally, allow for more than 50 items to be placed up on the GTN, which i think a lot of people will want.

NomikonAK
04.23.2012 , 11:25 PM | #7
Add the ability to filter items by primary stat.

Allow add-ons and have someone port Auctioneer from WoW.

Dabrixmgp
04.24.2012 , 12:05 AM | #8
searches are still broken. For example trying to sell the aug 22 schematics my slicers get. I cant search for them to see what competition is selling them for. Even when I post mine search still turns up nothing even if I type the full name.

We need a sort by cost per item. I have no clue why thats not an option.

Also this is 2012 why the hell do I need a calculator to post stacks of auctions. Dont need one in WoW or Rift.

GnatB
04.24.2012 , 01:11 AM | #9
Forgot one, not sure if it would be considered a bug or not, since it seems sort of intentional for some reason:
Fix the "sold item" message for stuff put up before server goes down but sells after server goes down so it isn't a generic message, but actually says what was sold.

And, in that same vein. When it actually does give the name, give the FULL name of the item, including the prefix.

spookspook
04.24.2012 , 01:33 AM | #10
You need a cross server gtn so you have a larger selection and more people to sell to.