Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Light-side Dark-side points while grouping

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Light-side Dark-side points while grouping

ponchovilla
12.17.2011 , 12:59 PM | #1
I've been grouping through the starting out area, and I've noticed that I don't have a lot of light side points (both of us in the group have been answering light-side consistently). Does only one member of the group get the light-side/dark-side points during the quest?

If so, that's a big reason not to group up.

-Castiel-
12.17.2011 , 01:01 PM | #2
You both get the points, if you pick light and he picks dark and he wins, you still even get light side points. It is totally balanced.

Darth_Fu
12.17.2011 , 01:02 PM | #3
you both get light side points just some option give more than others.. just by clicking the top option may not always be the BEST one... make sure to remember that.
These Queue things you speak of... are they a rare drop? i have never seen one. - Darth_Fu
The problem isn't the question, but rather understanding the answer.
The truth is only what you believe it to be... until proven otherwise.

Kunitsukami
12.17.2011 , 01:02 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by ponchovilla View Post
I've been grouping through the starting out area, and I've noticed that I don't have a lot of light side points (both of us in the group have been answering light-side consistently). Does only one member of the group get the light-side/dark-side points during the quest?

If so, that's a big reason not to group up.
You get points for the decision you personally make. So if the one who wins the role chooses dark side then they get the increased social points for winning the role and their dark side points, if you chose light side at the same point however but don't win the role you will get your light side points.

Played to level 12 with my buddy on his Sith Warrior and he only got to Dark side 1 at the end of level 11.
Worship the mighty Hutt planet leaders! Moving incredibly slowly with their tiny arms and huge body mass which is easy to hit with any weapon!

Markus_Richter
12.17.2011 , 01:04 PM | #5
No. You get the points every time you answer for either light or dark side regardless of who wins the roll to speak. It's just in the starting areas, there aren't really all that many choices. I left Ord Mantell with about 1000 points, so from my experience, that's what I expect the average to be. :P

Daross
12.17.2011 , 01:07 PM | #6
What I may add .
You dont get point at moment of answering, or even end of conversation.
All points are awarded in moment of finishing quests.. when you get little summary of expirience, inflence and side points.

ponchovilla
12.17.2011 , 01:09 PM | #7
Okay, so that's how it's supposed to work. You've verified that it's actually working as intended?

HeavensAgent
12.17.2011 , 01:12 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by ponchovilla View Post
Okay, so that's how it's supposed to work. You've verified that it's actually working as intended?
Yes, that is how it's working.

What missions in particular are giving you troubles? There aren't too many that actually give light side/dark side points in the starting areas. Additionally, alignment points are only applied to your character once the mission is completed.

-Castiel-
12.17.2011 , 01:14 PM | #9
One thing I noticed, if your group mate gets to the npc sooner and you use holocall sometimes options are greyed out and you must pass on the conversation option, this happened to my friend once and he missed out on 50 Dark side points.

I no longer holocall in any quest if I suspect there may be alignment points involved.

Loxion
12.17.2011 , 01:18 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by -Castiel- View Post
One thing I noticed, if your group mate gets to the npc sooner and you use holocall sometimes options are greyed out and you must pass on the conversation option, this happened to my friend once and he missed out on 50 Dark side points.

I no longer holocall in any quest if I suspect there may be alignment points involved.
That usually happens if the chosen response involves a physical interation with the quest NPC. i.e. the choice to kill them or not, if you holocall in you will not get the option because you couldn't actually carry it out. So, working as intended.
Anything above is purely the opinion of the poster, unless otherwise stated

The Knights Who Say Ni - Republic Guild