Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jarg and Sorno Nightmare 8 man

Alastasia
07.20.2012 , 04:02 PM | #21
Thanks for the advice. We will give it a shot. Also curious if you dps both equally till dead or if you shift all dps to
Jarg at 40% or so?

KBSIP
07.20.2012 , 04:05 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Alastasia View Post
Thanks for the advice. We will give it a shot. Also curious if you dps both equally till dead or if you shift all dps to
Jarg at 40% or so?
can't remember the exact percentage off the top of my head, but as soon as railshots started we shifted all but one DPS to jarg, one dps stayed on sorno for complete interrupts. jarg was nuked down asap

CitizenFry
07.20.2012 , 04:10 PM | #23
Honestly I've never noticed the railshots (maybe I'm not paying enough attention, or someone else in the group is doing something to neutralize them). We usually DPS evenly all the way down. You definitely don't want to leave Jarg for last, he hits like a truck when enraged. Haven't experienced Sorno's enrage, but the claims of "pansy" don't surprise me, so much of his output is the Unload, and you should be interrupting that.
Crafting on The Ebon Hawk. PST/mail: Blayze (rep) / K'ron (imp)
Armoring: Commando 26, Reflex 26; Barrel: Patron 26
Mod: Weighted 26+26B, Deflecting 26 Enhancement: Bulwark 26, Battle 26, Finesse 26
Ear: Black Hole Mender's MK-2 Relay

djrtykow
07.20.2012 , 05:01 PM | #24
Too lazy to read all (in case anyone else said this)

We encountered issues post 1.2 with having Sorc healers in our group. Maybe it was just the player or maybe it was the 'nerf' to the class, don't know. I don't play a Sorc healer. However we did switch to an Op healer and Merc healer and usually clear it in about 45-50minutes with our premade weekly now.

I did read that someone did it with 2 sage healers, so I don't have any idea. I just know that dropping our sorcs for different classes post 1.2 helped us out.
Perfection. You are looking at it.

nolocalreality
07.20.2012 , 05:28 PM | #25
Assassin tanks will have a way easier time on Jarg than either a PT/Jugg. The majority of Jarg's damage is Tech/Elemental, so it ignores armor and defense/shield. Self heals + the ability to resist all tech every 45 seconds is a huge advantage.

Chaqen
07.20.2012 , 05:38 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by nolocalreality View Post
Assassin tanks will have a way easier time on Jarg than either a PT/Jugg. The majority of Jarg's damage is Tech/Elemental, so it ignores armor and defense/shield. Self heals + the ability to resist all tech every 45 seconds is a huge advantage.
It is still a crap load of damage that is done to the tank. I have been tanking it on a regular basis for some pugs/friends the last couple of weeks, and we only have been successful with an operative healing me, a sorc usually blew their force way to quick and couldnt keep up with the insane amount of burst.

I have never had problems healing it on my operative, even when he was only rakata gear... it was and probably is still one of the most burst intensive fights in the game though... only thing that is comparable to it would be HM Kephess.

Aurojiin
07.20.2012 , 11:51 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaqen View Post
It is still a crap load of damage that is done to the tank. I have been tanking it on a regular basis for some pugs/friends the last couple of weeks, and we only have been successful with an operative healing me, a sorc usually blew their force way to quick and couldnt keep up with the insane amount of burst.
That's a definite L2P for the sorc.

While Jarg hits like a truck, two sorcs can easily heal this fight by virtue of sheer HPS. If they're going OOF, that's just bad playing.

KBSIP
07.21.2012 , 11:24 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurojiin View Post
That's a definite L2P for the sorc.

While Jarg hits like a truck, two sorcs can easily heal this fight by virtue of sheer HPS. If they're going OOF, that's just bad playing.
^ this, we regularly clear in a rakata group with 2 sorcerer healers

pureeffinmetal
07.22.2012 , 05:29 AM | #29
If you think this fight sucks on 8man, try 16. Its just pure LOL.

It was almost to the problem of us not taking Sorcerers to that fight back in the day. Rail shots just one shotted them every time. It came down to us having to use Fortitude Stims and some Endurance heavy pieces, lol.
Fallschirmjager
Lightning Sorcerer
<Rapture>
The Shadowlands (Formerly Shadow Hand)

crazyBE
07.22.2012 , 11:56 AM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by pureeffinmetal View Post
If you think this fight sucks on 8man, try 16. Its just pure LOL.

It was almost to the problem of us not taking Sorcerers to that fight back in the day. Rail shots just one shotted them every time. It came down to us having to use Fortitude Stims and some Endurance heavy pieces, lol.
We did 16 man with 5 healers, 2 undergeared DPS and 1 heavily undergeared 3rd tank (what you haven't done an op before? 16 man NiM!)
Beating enrages in 16 man is a joke. Might as well take 5 healers in an insane fight.