Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jarg and Sorno Nightmare 8 man

Thegriss
04.23.2012 , 06:55 AM | #1
http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...30#post4098530

The thread above was started in the Sorc healer forum but I believe that it needs to be brought here to bring attention to the issue we and it seems others are experiancing in 8 man KP nightmare on jarg/sorno. No matter how we work the encounter the tank on jarg is taking massive hits 10-12k+.

We have tried cooldown timing, tank swaps and every strat we can find to make the encounter work but nothing seems to help. We are aware of the debuff appiled by jarg and the group cleansing ect. Something just seems extremely out of balance. Pre 1.2 this fight was hard but doable post 1.2 the 8man encounter seems like its doing damage to the tank that you would see in the 16 man Nightmare.

Both tanks we are using for this encounter are fully rakata geared Juggers being healed by 2 full rakata geared Sorcs. Again I understand Sorcs took a slight hit to healing with 1.2 but it seems this encounter is just not possible any longer on 8 man.

Wallsie
04.23.2012 , 07:20 AM | #2
Is the Jarg debuff coinciding with happy happy Rail Shot time? Because our group had that issue pre-1.2 however we haven't run it since the patch update so I can't say if there were any significant changes. I do know that our healers had a hell of a time with this fight even before 1.2 and I was pretty much rolling cooldowns on my VG tank and we still had to have a sage healer aoe plus a gunslinger shield to fill in on CDs for us to clear it. I don't think we managed a clean NiM kill of these guys once in any event.

Thegriss
04.23.2012 , 09:05 AM | #3
We have no problem in HM with the same exact group. I can understand NiM being harder but with everyone out gearing the instance it still seems impossible to manage. This is Pre rail shot btw . When we did manage to get to that phase it was tank insta pwn.

Magnesium
04.23.2012 , 09:52 AM | #4
We have done this fight 8man NiM post 1.2 and can't say we have had any major issues with it, if anything NiM seemed to feel a bit easier than before, but that is most likely a gear connection. Generally I save any major cooldowns if I start to get too low, which is normally after getting the fire debuff, but remember to make sure dots are cleared.

Aquatium Only in Light can a Shadow exist
Maelstrom
Recruitment Video | Website | Forums | YouTube Channel | Recruitment Post

DeimosAmon
04.23.2012 , 10:05 AM | #5
The problem with this fight is the debuff makes no tactical sense. Why even state you're taking more damage from fire if it can't be cleansed or avoided or reliably swapped out of? Might as well just make him hit like a mac truck as a matter of course. Goes to show the progression of logical fight mechanics from raid to raid, since the two boss EC fights all have reliable, understandable mechanics you can plan for and respond to in order to mitigate.

We've killed the fight with our main operations group, but when we brought in backup healers they couldn't keep me up (in full Rakata/Campaign/Black Hole gear).
Lambo Calrassian - 50 Powertech - Sassy Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire
Erebus -- Drooga's Pleasure Barge - Empire
SWTOR Raid Ranks (US 12th, listed under old server/guild name)
Also: Hartmán - Vanguard - Goof Troop

Typeslice
04.23.2012 , 10:47 AM | #6
We did this on NiM for the fist time since 1.2 last night and did not have any issues. Shadow tank on Jorg, Guardian on Sorno. 2 sage healers and 2 commando dps as spot healers.
Xaph'an / A'baddon - GM of Undercon
The Shadowlands
http://undercon.guildlaunch.com

The_Duck
04.23.2012 , 11:32 AM | #7
I've had to spot/off-heal this as a BH Merc Arsenal.
The 2 healers could not keep the tank up during those few massive hit timeframes.

Out Sorc is having problems where his casts take longer than the purple circles are dropping.
Do sorcs have to spec alacrity in order to finish out their casts properly now or are we doing something wrong with our sorc healers?
- The Duck

Aethyn
04.24.2012 , 10:36 AM | #8
We had a similar issue. Full rakata group heading into NM Kragga. Down the Rancor before enrage timer. Wiped three or four times to J&S. The debuff plus rail shot is waxing our tanks. If we do hold on the sages our out of energy at about 50 percent.

Feels like with the med pac and other class changes they need to possibly retune this fight? I don't know.
-Aethyn the Loathsome Dark V
Gunnery Commando
PUG Life
The Jekk'Jekk Tarr

Thegriss
04.24.2012 , 10:51 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by The_Duck View Post
I've had to spot/off-heal this as a BH Merc Arsenal.
The 2 healers could not keep the tank up during those few massive hit timeframes.

Out Sorc is having problems where his casts take longer than the purple circles are dropping.
Do sorcs have to spec alacrity in order to finish out their casts properly now or are we doing something wrong with our sorc healers?
We also had this issue. The tank on jarg being at full health could be killed in the time it takes me to cast a 1.7 sec purple puddle. Something is plan wrong with this fight.

Freeborne
04.24.2012 , 11:29 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Thegriss View Post
We also had this issue. The tank on jarg being at full health could be killed in the time it takes me to cast a 1.7 sec purple puddle. Something is plan wrong with this fight.
Didn't they change Sorc/Sage AoE heals so you don't get a big heal at the beginning, and instead just the graduate HoTs?

I would think casting an AoE on a tank near a boss doing AoE damage wouldn't be very force efficient because only the tank may benefit.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!