Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Childhood features of each class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Childhood features of each class

Thebazilly's Avatar


Thebazilly
04.23.2012 , 09:35 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by zazouman View Post

From your responses i got this summary:

Jedi Knight:
  • been in training since early childhood and knows no other life outside the Jedi Order

As far as I know, all that was mentioned about the Knight's previous training was that his/her former masters had good things to say about their skill with a training blade. I could have missed a conversation option or something, though...

Also, the Agent option is patriotism, not power. And I got the same dialogue line from Aric Jorgan as a female human. I'm pretty sure they made it that line for everyone.

zazouman's Avatar


zazouman
04.23.2012 , 09:38 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Pernicia View Post

The Agent, in a conversation on Voss, can choose why he/she joined Imperial Intelligence. Power is one reason; adventure is another. I forget the third option, boredom maybe?
If i remember right, Corso ask my smuggler why she is doing this job and the response was pretty much the same (money instead of power). But it's that all?
The smuggler seem to appear from nowhere, and there shouldn't be any record of his history. But IA should have been is a military school so it's likely that he got top grade like the trooper.
I would like more details for smuggler, consular (both mirialan) and Imperial agent(cyborg).

elliotcat's Avatar


elliotcat
04.23.2012 , 07:15 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by zazouman View Post
If i remember right, Corso ask my smuggler why she is doing this job and the response was pretty much the same (money instead of power). But it's that all?
The smuggler seem to appear from nowhere, and there shouldn't be any record of his history. But IA should have been is a military school so it's likely that he got top grade like the trooper.
I would like more details for smuggler, consular (both mirialan) and Imperial agent(cyborg).
I think I know what conversation you're referring to, he actually asks you why you keep going into dangerous territory and getting involved with the war. You can tell him you don't really care, you want money, or that you hate the Empire. I believe Guss also asks you about where you came from but you don't get to tell him anything all that specific.

I play a Mirialan smuggler too and I haven't had any sort of details about a past revealed through conversations. If you get creative and make up a nice backstory for yourself it's more fun though!

Ebon Hawk: Latula // Elaeys // Raima // Jaea // Macara // Meulin // Damarra // Kanaaya

"We will snatch purpose from the jaws of futility...are you ready to wreak some havoc?"

Arravan's Avatar


Arravan
04.24.2012 , 03:53 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by zazouman View Post

Sith Inquisitor:
  • Enslaved for murder
As interesting as this would be, I remember some choices when talking to Kallig's ghost paint a picture that the Inquisitor was a slave all their life.

If someone out there has some other extra info on this an any other origins, please post it. Such things can be great improvements to both RP and our character's story in general.

Rushka's Avatar


Rushka
04.24.2012 , 04:12 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Arravan View Post
As interesting as this would be, I remember some choices when talking to Kallig's ghost paint a picture that the Inquisitor was a slave all their life.

If someone out there has some other extra info on this an any other origins, please post it. Such things can be great improvements to both RP and our character's story in general.
I recall a conversation with Andronikos with my SI. I think that's when she mentioned something like this:

"They thought it would fun to hunt my people for sport. I shot back. Instead of killing me they sent me to Korriban where I became Sith."

That's very very paraphrased and from memory. I'm as sure as I can be that it was Andronikos she was talking to.

(I have so many alts though I hope I'm not mixing it up with another char - don't think so though).
Darth Rushka N'Kel. The sassy assassy from Rattatak.

Clonedzero's Avatar


Clonedzero
04.24.2012 , 04:19 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Rushka View Post
I recall a conversation with Andronikos with my SI. I think that's when she mentioned something like this:

"They thought it would fun to hunt my people for sport. I shot back. Instead of killing me they sent me to Korriban where I became Sith."

That's very very paraphrased and from memory. I'm as sure as I can be that it was Andronikos she was talking to.

(I have so many alts though I hope I'm not mixing it up with another char - don't think so though).
what race was your inquisitor?
mine is a human male, it was implied in a few conversations that i was a slave most if not all of my life. so it might depend on your race.

especially since the line you're talking about makes no sense for a human, why would the empire hunt humans for sport? they would hunt the other races for sport though. like twi'leks i could see them killing for fun.

Rushka's Avatar


Rushka
04.24.2012 , 04:21 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Clonedzero View Post
what race was your inquisitor?
mine is a human male, it was implied in a few conversations that i was a slave most if not all of my life. so it might depend on your race.

especially since the line you're talking about makes no sense for a human, why would the empire hunt humans for sport? they would hunt the other races for sport though. like twi'leks i could see them killing for fun.
She's Rattataki. Good point on responses being race related

I didn't take it to mean she'd been enslaved for that - but rather that her people were hunted while they were slaves. When she'd retaliated in kind her force sensitivity was noticed and she was sent to Korriban.

Hmm, I got a lot from what was effectively two lines of conversation! Pity you can't reload - I'd love to see it again to check my memory.
Darth Rushka N'Kel. The sassy assassy from Rattatak.

erei's Avatar


erei
04.24.2012 , 04:31 AM | #18
The only non human I played was a consular miraluka. No special conversation as far as I remember. Except the occasional "human are racist - I'm not human...", or baby related conversation.
For Miraluka and human (I also have a human consular), it's said we are the most powerful force sensitive they've seen in centuries, or so. And you are being trained to become one of the best since you are a child.

I don't remember anything particular about my past as a smuggler, or IA. Well, nothing is said. You can choose for both why you do that (conversation with Risha for Smuggler, Keeper's conversation right after hutta for IA).

As human trooper, I get the "best of the academy" line. Not only Aric, but gearbox, right on the beginning, while sitting in the walker. I will try with others species, since it's the first conversation, to see if there are different line.


EDIT : just tried, and it's not gearbox conversation, but the first tavus dialog. As a Zabrak, he still said I was first at the academy. I assume there is only new lines for Aric.

Mutive's Avatar


Mutive
04.24.2012 , 05:16 AM | #19
For chiss agents, you can agree to serve the Empire because you wanted to improve it. Another option for background that is given is that you were part of the secret police on Csilia (and I guess did very well, so were recommended for Imperial service).

In addition, female agents have the ability to tell Vector that they have "someone back home, but he's not important". And male agents can joke with Kaliyo about having a longer (and even more vindictive) list of exes than she has. (Which would imply...IDEK how many ex-girlfriends. We'll just say a lot, seeing as Kaliyo has been involved with at least 6 named characters, I think...and I get the feeling that's a very small sample.)

Ranadiel_Marius's Avatar


Ranadiel_Marius
04.24.2012 , 05:46 AM | #20
Oh right the Sith Inquisitor line is in an Andronikos dialogue. I was thinking it was with Ashara for soem reason. Here are the possible options(option you can choose depdns on your race) for the the SIth Inquisitor line:

I was a slave.- "The Empire enslaved my family, but they decided I was special and made me Sith."
I was a runaway slave.- "I killed an Imperial guard, and they rewarded me by making me Sith. The fact that he was electrocuted probably helped."
I was a convicted criminal.- "Some Imperial thought it would be funny to shoot my kind for sport. I shot back. They wanted to kill me, but made me Sith instead."
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)