Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Childhood features of each class

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Childhood features of each class

zazouman
04.23.2012 , 03:44 AM | #1
As i was playing my trooper, the companion Aric Jordan in the first cantina discussion told me that my trooper joined the army at a young age and was top of her class.
Those infos can be included without trouble in my RP of this trooper but i am wondering what other restriction in RP there is in each class, because if i wanted to RP a lazy trooper it will be a little conflicting.
For the jedi, i already known that Knight and consular are especially gifted in the force and promising jedi.
What other features are set in each class?

From your responses i got this summary:
Features:
Trooper (background depends on your species)
  • Zabrack :"You made quite an impression at the Academy: accelerated training programs, instructor recommendations. Graduated top of your class."
  • ?="Says you served in the Outer Rim. Knew a lot of good men who fought out there. Heard it was brutal."
  • ?="Says you've been fighting the Empire since you were old enough to hold a blaster. Ran quite the
    underground resistance."
Sith Inquisitor (background depends on your species):
  • human or sith :slave all his(her) life
    others: Enslaved for murder
Imperial Agent, can choose why they become IA between:
  • -Power
  • -adventure
  • -boredom
  • For Chiss you can select for motivation :Improve Empire
    Chiss agent was previously part of the secret police on Csilia
Smuggler, can choose why they become such a dangerous job between:
  • -money
  • -hate empire
  • -don't care
Sith Warrior:
  • (probably just for sith?)=born into a prominent Sith family and sent to Korriban for training earlier than most
Jedi Knight:
  • been in training since early childhood and knows no other life outside the Jedi Order (not confirmed)

Jedi Consular:
  • "Amazing" strength in the force (meaning lot of Midi-chlorians)
    One of the best trained since a while

dazednconfuzed
04.23.2012 , 04:09 AM | #2
Obvious one is for the Inquisitor. They start off as a slave. Later on in the story, you discover you were made a slave for killing someone you shouldn't (iirc).
Jedi Master Kai'sinn. Not only evil hides in the shadows.
Jedi Master Tzathali. Korriban/Tython Exchange Program.
Major Dulne. Nothing will stop Havoc Squad, Sir.

Pernicia
04.23.2012 , 04:26 AM | #3
Either I don;t remember that bit from leveling my Inquisitor (got it to 50 a few days after the start of the year) or it's part of a companion conversation I didn't do.

The Agent, in a conversation on Voss, can choose why he/she joined Imperial Intelligence. Power is one reason; adventure is another. I forget the third option, boredom maybe?

The Warrior, presumably, is born into a prominent Sith family and sent to Korriban for training earlier than most, but is fairly open ended otherwise

The Knight has been in training since early childhood and knows no other life outside the Jedi Order.

I can't really say about the other classes as those are the only ones I've gotten anywhere with.
Pernici the Furious
<Night Stalkers>
Server: The Harbinger

dazednconfuzed
04.23.2012 , 04:32 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Pernicia View Post
Either I don;t remember that bit from leveling my Inquisitor (got it to 50 a few days after the start of the year) or it's part of a companion conversation I didn't do.
I forget where you have that conversation, otherwise I would tell you.

Possibly one of Ashzara's companion missions, but not sure.

Pernicia
04.23.2012 , 04:38 AM | #5
You're probably right about Ashara. I only got her affection to 7300-ish before ditching my Sorc for a sniper due to a bad raid comp, but I do remember a good bit of her story arc as being about your personal history.
Pernici the Furious
<Night Stalkers>
Server: The Harbinger

Ranadiel_Marius
04.23.2012 , 04:46 AM | #6
Some of the background details are actually determined by your species. In an early beta build your background was actually part of your chracter creation, and I think you chose your background instead of your race. They changed it around for some reason or another, but there are still a few dialogues in game that refer to these backgrounds. Just as an example here are some(all?) of the possibilites of what Aric might say about your record in that conversation:

"You made quite an impression at the Academy: accelerated training programs, instructor recommendations. Graduated top of your class."
"Says you served in the Outer Rim. Knew a lot of good men who fought out there. Heard it was brutal."
"Says you've been fighting the Empire since you were old enough to hold a blaster. Ran quite the underground resistance."

I don't know if every class has dialogues that still make reference to these now non-existent background or not but I know that the IA and SI do as well. Hard to say what the unspoken backgrounds are without also knowing what race you intend to play for them.
A Primer on the Emperor(yes this does have spoiler)

One Night Stands and Similar Encounter (spoilers again, and I am probably going to repost this sometime in the future)

dazednconfuzed
04.23.2012 , 04:50 AM | #7
Their initial character creation, and one of the reasons they changed it (I think - opinion only though) was because it gave some strange race/class combinations, like originally you were unable to create a Pureblood Inquisitor because it wouldn't fit with the slave background. After people repeatedly pointed out how idiotic it was to have a Sith Pureblood race, but cut off it's access to one of the Sith classes, they changed it.

zazouman
04.23.2012 , 08:49 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Ranadiel_Marius View Post

"You made quite an impression at the Academy: accelerated training programs, instructor recommendations. Graduated top of your class."
Playing my trooper as a zabrak that was the background aric found for me.
What about smuggler Mirialan ?

Thebazilly
04.23.2012 , 08:49 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by dazednconfuzed View Post
Their initial character creation, and one of the reasons they changed it (I think - opinion only though) was because it gave some strange race/class combinations, like originally you were unable to create a Pureblood Inquisitor because it wouldn't fit with the slave background. After people repeatedly pointed out how idiotic it was to have a Sith Pureblood race, but cut off it's access to one of the Sith classes, they changed it.
And now people complain about the Sith Purebloods being slaves. You just can't win.

dazednconfuzed
04.23.2012 , 09:03 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Thebazilly View Post
And now people complain about the Sith Purebloods being slaves. You just can't win.
Really? Haha!!! Poor Bioware.

i kinda see their point about Purebloods being slaves, but, hey, why not? If a Pureblood commited a crime for which slavery suited, why shouldn't they be slaves?