Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Xinika
12.06.2012 , 11:17 PM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Xinika what do you make of just stacking power and completely ignoring Crit For the 31/0/10 spec or hybrid 23/1/17 spec?
Both specs need a certain amount of crit.

25-30% for 23/1/17
20-25% for 31/0/10
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

stavrakas
12.07.2012 , 03:01 AM | #312
Hey Xinika, glad to see you've returned. Can you help me out with something I've been pondering for a while? Is it true that the crit soft cap is 30%? If that's the case, is it better to reach 30% unbuffed for full deception or only 25% like the wakajin guide in the assassins' section says?

Xinika
12.07.2012 , 06:32 AM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by stavrakas View Post
Hey Xinika, glad to see you've returned. Can you help me out with something I've been pondering for a while? Is it true that the crit soft cap is 30%? If that's the case, is it better to reach 30% unbuffed for full deception or only 25% like the wakajin guide in the assassins' section says?
Only 25%. I recommend 25% as well in the 1.3 Tutorial.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action

stavrakas
12.19.2012 , 04:05 AM | #314
What is the best 1v1 spec? I'm not playing rated warzones, only pugs and I tend to go solo whether to cap or defend a node because I really don't trust others in public games to do it. So what would the best spec for me be?

Edit: oh and if it's a kinetic build, I just get full dps gear with a shield right?

stephenalandavie
12.19.2012 , 09:18 AM | #315
What is the best 1v1 spec? I'm not playing rated warzones, only pugs and I tend to go solo whether to cap or defend a node because I really don't trust others in public games to do it. So what would the best spec for me be?

Edit: oh and if it's a kinetic build, I just get full dps gear with a shield right?
No Focus
Woa, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time

Xinika
12.19.2012 , 01:43 PM | #316

OP updated with new specs and it's best if you're going for DPS to use a Focus. If going full tank, grab a shield.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action

stephenalandavie
12.19.2012 , 06:48 PM | #317
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
OP updated with new specs and it's best if you're going for DPS to use a Focus. If going full tank, grab a shield.
Hey Xinika, Did you manage to test just stacking power/surge in favour crit for the 31/0/10 spec?
Woa, oh, oh, oh
For the longest time

Xinika
12.19.2012 , 09:02 PM | #318
Quote: Originally Posted by stephenalandavie View Post
Hey Xinika, Did you manage to test just stacking power/surge in favour crit for the 31/0/10 spec?
Indeed, power stacking is the way to go.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action

stavrakas
12.20.2012 , 03:25 AM | #319
For the 0/27/14 or the full infiltration build is Exit Strategy really mandatory? I was thinking of putting those 2 points on Shadowy Veil, gives about 5-6% more damage reduction. For the opening burst there obviously won't be any stacks of exit strategy available anyway (maybe 1) so it doesn't matter. For the duration of the fight isn't the extra dmg reduction more useful?

Also, for the full infiltration build the 2 points in kinetic are better spent on technique mastery or applied force? Is the armor penetration better than the boost to clairvoyant strike's dmg?

Xinika
12.20.2012 , 08:20 AM | #320
For the 0/27/14 or the full infiltration build is Exit Strategy really mandatory? I was thinking of putting those 2 points on Shadowy Veil, gives about 5-6% more damage reduction. For the opening burst there obviously won't be any stacks of exit strategy available anyway (maybe 1) so it doesn't matter. For the duration of the fight isn't the extra dmg reduction more useful?
I mean, if you're getting attacked, then yes it's fine to make this exchange. Personal preference, really.

Quote:
Also, for the full infiltration build the 2 points in kinetic are better spent on technique mastery or applied force? Is the armor penetration better than the boost to clairvoyant strike's dmg?
Based on the changes, Clairvoyant Strike has become even more useless. It's only good to use it to get the project bonus damage proc. Most of your damage will be coming from SS and Project. The ArP talent covers all abilities rather than just 1.
Assassin Representative
Guides - Videos - Action