Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Mindsting
05.28.2012 , 07:56 PM | #231
Oh I'm totally in the same boat. 45 hours a week of work where there is money to be made cuts short on my game time these days.
Consular - 65 Shadow | Commando - 65 Commando | Agent - 65 Sniper
Smuggler - 65 Scoundrel | Vanguard - 65 Vanguard | Powertech - 65 Powertech
Sorcerer - 65 Sorcerer | Absorb - 65 Guardian | Chancellor - 65 Sage

Twitch: JediConsular
Begeren Colony
GM of <The Help Desk>

Pizzel
05.29.2012 , 03:56 AM | #232
Well Shin sorry to see your takin a break too. I'm on free time til June 18th. I'm hopin Xfers drop by then. I will come back once they do. My server is so dead. No action and I'm stuck at 6 WH pieces.

It's so sad to see bioware blunder and bore good players away. Such a shame how they have handled this game so far.

Hope u come back Shin. Hate to see a fellow shadow go.

Caceyn
05.29.2012 , 07:27 AM | #233
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
For KC, it's fine. KC is the least crit-dependant spec of all our trees.

Probably a good time to say this:
(Taken from my youtube channel)

"Hello everyone! Hope you've been enjoying my channel. I've decided to be on hiatus with SWTOR. Long story short, my guild and I have lost interest. Boring objectives, PuGs and poor decision-making from BW. I am saddened by this, because I truly love the Shadow class. It's what kept my fire burning to play. A break is a good thing. It's not good to keep a constant grind. Bad for morale. When rateds arrive, we'll give the game another shot. I'll continue producing entertainment. Stay tuned "
FWIW, you're about 3 weeks behind me. I loved Shadow and the concept behind this game, but BW has successfully screwed it to the point i'm not going to pay to play anymore. Like you, Rateds, cross server queuing (PvP and PVE), poor economy, and lack of anything original (aside from Space AIDS) is what did it.

anstalt
05.30.2012 , 08:20 AM | #234
Can understand people taking a break.

For me, I'm still loving the game and loving my shadow but my guild and I are only really now starting to get working on proper premades so its still fun for us to win

However, lets face it, endgame is dull. EV and KP, whilst they are great raids, they are quite easy and as a consequence, most raiders have had full rakata for a while. FPs are great, but there is 0 reason to repeat them due to terrible gear drops. Gear itemisation is rubbish, there are four tiers of gear, no side-grades or substitutes, so very plain and boring, especially when you can skip the first one or two tiers. For pvp, there is only warzones, and only 4 of them...its repetitive!

So, whilst I'm still enjoying the game and will continue to play for months, I can understand people leaving and have noticed my server steadily dying. In the last two weeks alone, it has gone from 1-5minutes wz queue pops as a 4man premade to 15-45mins minutes.
Anstalt - lvl 50 valor 81 Shadow Consular

Currently retired due to poor design decisions within the game that have killed its longevity. Get rid of Hickman before he ruins the game completely!

NeverRose
05.30.2012 , 10:23 AM | #235
Add:

Team death match warzones. **** objectives.

Rateds.

Ressurect Ilum and put purpouse behind open RvR.

Game saved (or at least it's life is prolonged).
It doesn't feel, it doesn't think, it doesn't laugh or cry. All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
l Sphinx l l ToFN l
l Eria l l Shadow l

Boarg
05.30.2012 , 01:30 PM | #236
Cross-server queuing and rateds would be great. More WZ's would be great.

Team-deathmatch games would be an unmitigated failure for this game, though. The game isn't designed for it and class balance would completely fall apart. The forum tears would drown us all. Be careful what you wish for.

Xinika
05.30.2012 , 06:47 PM | #237
Quote: Originally Posted by Boarg View Post
Cross-server queuing and rateds would be great. More WZ's would be great.

Team-deathmatch games would be an unmitigated failure for this game, though. The game isn't designed for it and class balance would completely fall apart. The forum tears would drown us all. Be careful what you wish for.
Better than these awful/boring objectives that are (without a doubt) highly class-biased.
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action

Pizzel
05.30.2012 , 06:55 PM | #238
Glad I'm not alone. I can pvp for hours and my thirst to fight players isn't always satisfied. Every Wz is about something other than fighting. Cap this run here arm door etc.

If we can duel on the fleets some of our lack of fighting could be appeased.

Daiyukie
05.30.2012 , 09:27 PM | #239
Meh, play to have fun. I regularly 1v1 either people I know from pub side or enemies I have come to know, and it's quite fun. I don't go out of my way to do so, but if after the first Voidstar door is capped we'll sometimes get into a duel in the first area because they spawned too quick to catch the area change. Easier on turret WZs because solo defenders are pretty common, but in Pub vs Pub it's often "Get to the middle of east and west <Name of person> and come fight me!" Crushing Imps is good, but no one really cares about winning versus allies on our server anyway.
"Everyone not as good as me is a Noob. Everyone better than me is a No Lifer" - The Code of the Bads
Quote: Originally Posted by gwrtheyn
atm Concealment Operative are like a dog humping on your leg,anoying,but not lethal
Quote: Originally Posted by jaxxxster
Solution : Nerf Operatives. Again.

NeverRose
05.31.2012 , 01:43 AM | #240
Quote: Originally Posted by Pizzel View Post
Glad I'm not alone. I can pvp for hours and my thirst to fight players isn't always satisfied. Every Wz is about something other than fighting. Cap this run here arm door etc.
This.

In Warhammer:AoR scenario result depended on both killing players and capping objectives. If you had an awesome premade, you could smear enemy team all over the place continuesly, screwing the objectives altogether. Golden times.

About team death match generating tears...Of course it would, that's all it is about. Bragging, trash-talking, name and shaming...These are parts of good PvP enviroment, they make you want to improve, progress and compete.

These forums are all about care bearing though. I mean, yesterday I typed "F" and then I put 3 "*" after it and I got a warning already.

Yes I got a warning eventhough I censoured my own vulgarity <facepalm>.

There is a reason why most of the proper PvP guilds have left.
It doesn't feel, it doesn't think, it doesn't laugh or cry. All it does from dusk till dawn is make the soldiers die.
l Sphinx l l ToFN l
l Eria l l Shadow l