Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Shadow / Assassin
Shinarika - Shadow Breaker [Ultimate Jedi Shadow/Sith Assassin Guide]

Skolops's Avatar


Skolops
04.29.2012 , 10:09 PM | #101
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
War Hero Striker's MK-1 Motivator x2.



Get your surge to at least 75% then just go full power from there. Your power is WAYYY too low and your crit is FARRR too high for infil. My crit is 19% as Infil/KC and my power is at 842 (L o L ! ! I know, I know.)
You also need more accuracy. At least 5% more.

Just work on getting your WH gear. BM is now outdated.
Wait, you're shooting for 105% accuracy? I thought I had seen you agree with the idea of cutting it to 95%ish. Also, is that power STRAIGHT (not even sure how that would be possible) or w/ adrenal/relic?

Xinika's Avatar


Xinika
04.30.2012 , 12:18 AM | #102
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Wait, you're shooting for 105% accuracy? I thought I had seen you agree with the idea of cutting it to 95%ish. Also, is that power STRAIGHT (not even sure how that would be possible) or w/ adrenal/relic?
I'm sorry I get so mixed up with force/melee accuracy.
My melee accuracy is 96% and my force accuracy is 106%.

Um that's w/o adrenal/ relic.
W/ adrenal/relic it's 1050
Assassin Representative
Aeonneta | Shinarika | Semjase
Guides - Videos - Action
WATCHMEN

Skolops's Avatar


Skolops
04.30.2012 , 12:34 AM | #103
Quote: Originally Posted by Xinika View Post
I'm sorry I get so mixed up with force/melee accuracy.
My melee accuracy is 96% and my force accuracy is 106%.

Um that's w/o adrenal/ relic.
W/ adrenal/relic it's 1050
Wow; how is it even possible to get 800 power from items? I've spent the past week looking for as much power as possible and don't see items which would get nearly that much under my belt, even mixing in PvE stuff!

roestzwiebel's Avatar


roestzwiebel
04.30.2012 , 04:19 AM | #104
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Wow; how is it even possible to get 800 power from items? I've spent the past week looking for as much power as possible and don't see items which would get nearly that much under my belt, even mixing in PvE stuff!
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-1eba96e7b24b

This will be my "first step" end gear (some T3 Mods / Enhancements). Not perfect, will change one or two surge power to acc/power. After this, I will get T4 FM Boots for the Level 61 Mods / Enhancements.

With Rakata Stim Buffed you'll get 963 Power. I'm currently at 869 because I still need enough gear

Vlayue's Avatar


Vlayue
04.30.2012 , 05:47 AM | #105
How come everyone always tries to write "guides" after there's already two up there? Just wondering. This happens on like..all class forums...is it some sort of epeen thing?

Skolops's Avatar


Skolops
04.30.2012 , 08:26 AM | #106
Quote: Originally Posted by roestzwiebel View Post
http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...6-1eba96e7b24b

This will be my "first step" end gear (some T3 Mods / Enhancements). Not perfect, will change one or two surge power to acc/power. After this, I will get T4 FM Boots for the Level 61 Mods / Enhancements.

With Rakata Stim Buffed you'll get 963 Power. I'm currently at 869 because I still need enough gear
Cool, thanks. Looks like the primary way you've accomplished it is by sacrificing almost all of your crit, which is something I'm not comfortable with. It looks like I can get it up to just about 800 though without losing too much of my current crit rating, so I'll start working towards that.

roestzwiebel's Avatar


roestzwiebel
04.30.2012 , 08:40 AM | #107
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
Cool, thanks. Looks like the primary way you've accomplished it is by sacrificing almost all of your crit, which is something I'm not comfortable with. It looks like I can get it up to just about 800 though without losing too much of my current crit rating, so I'll start working towards that.
Of Course you can take some crit As I said, it's not the perfect setup, but just change 1 or two mods or enhancements and things will be fine. Personally, I'd take some more accuracy, but it needs to be tested. Never felt that I need more crit as infil./KC, but I think It's hard to specify exact and proper values for these stats.

Skolops's Avatar


Skolops
04.30.2012 , 08:52 AM | #108
Quote: Originally Posted by roestzwiebel View Post
Of Course you can take some crit As I said, it's not the perfect setup, but just change 1 or two mods or enhancements and things will be fine. Personally, I'd take some more accuracy, but it needs to be tested. Never felt that I need more crit as infil./KC, but I think It's hard to specify exact and proper values for these stats.
I've always heavily prioritized crit, because so much of the entire infiltration spec is built around getting crits. As of now, mine is at about 34%, which honestly feels low; it was at almost 44% as I recall before I started swapping things out to get more power. I have to say, I "feel" like I'm doing far less burst since then, even with all that added power. For example, I used to get the 2.5k medal on my first project, now I sometimes don't get it until a few minutes in.

roestzwiebel's Avatar


roestzwiebel
04.30.2012 , 09:33 AM | #109
Quote: Originally Posted by Skolops View Post
I've always heavily prioritized crit, because so much of the entire infiltration spec is built around getting crits. As of now, mine is at about 34%, which honestly feels low; it was at almost 44% as I recall before I started swapping things out to get more power. I have to say, I "feel" like I'm doing far less burst since then, even with all that added power. For example, I used to get the 2.5k medal on my first project, now I sometimes don't get it until a few minutes in.
For me, crit never had the highest priority, because our spec is so much around burst. Due to force regen, we can't "spam" things and hope they crit, we guarantee our crits with force potency and therefore these crits need to be high. This will happen with stacking power / surge (75% is enough).

2.5k is indeed a bit low, especially when you say, you don't get it very often. Currently, I get the 5k Medal in almost every warzone with project. Highest Crit so far 6,4k. I've never seen 6k+ Crits before 1.2, now they're not as rare as you might think

Skolops's Avatar


Skolops
04.30.2012 , 09:43 AM | #110
Quote: Originally Posted by roestzwiebel View Post
For me, crit never had the highest priority, because our spec is so much around burst. Due to force regen, we can't "spam" things and hope they crit, we guarantee our crits with force potency and therefore these crits need to be high. This will happen with stacking power / surge (75% is enough).

2.5k is indeed a bit low, especially when you say, you don't get it very often. Currently, I get the 5k Medal in almost every warzone with project. Highest Crit so far 6,4k. I've never seen 6k+ Crits before 1.2, now they're not as rare as you might think
The fact that it's centered around burst is precisely why I prioritize crit. We get that one brief window to get a huge burst before we need to wait for everything to set up correctly again, so that burst had better well be as big as possible. Force Potency doesn't guarantee a crit if your crit rating is only 20%, but if its 40%, it does. That Project >> Force Breach slam can be huge, but if neither of them crit, you may as well be playing another class for the damage they do. I want these things critting as often as possible.

This is my current setup: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/characte...8-2af3ae1c5e9f

Before stims,
1509 Willpower
77.68% Surge (Mr. Robot misses many of the values by 1% for me for some reason)
33.67% Crit
374 Power is the biggest difference to someone having 700 or 800

I'd have to imagine that the difference in power will bring my crits up to that 5k+ or 6k+ range; right now I'm getting low to mid 4ks.

However, even using Force Potency with my first Project, it honestly only seems to crit about half the time, which is why I can say from experience that I'm not too keen on the idea of dropping my crit rating even more.