Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Why it is a GREAT reason to CANCEL your account.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Why it is a GREAT reason to CANCEL your account.

SlanginEwoks's Avatar


SlanginEwoks
12.17.2011 , 12:57 PM | #11
Yeha I understand there are 2 million others out there with real problems. This is so little it would take them like 5 seconds? I don't uinderstand their logistics when making their security quesitons. Again Why would you have several quesitons asnwered and what not to only be asked the same question over and over and over and over. come on now I haven't gone to college and even i can think of this?! HOW SMART ARE THEY!!! Not very

Nague's Avatar


Nague
12.17.2011 , 12:59 PM | #12
he bought one copy and a 450 dollar pc


they are called security questions for a reason, how hard can it be to remember 3 answers to questions you choose.
.

Mallian's Avatar


Mallian
12.17.2011 , 01:00 PM | #13
I'm not sure if it works, but I've seen it on the forum that if you edit the launcher.settings file, you can avoid the security question.

The file should be in your "Star Wars-The Old Republic" installation folder. You can open it with notepad.

Try changing
Code:
"DevLogin": ""
to
Code:
"DevLogin": "true"
. I'll try to see if I can find the post in which I saw this suggestion. Keep in mind it should only be used as a temporary solution.
Server: Ebon Hawk - Characters: Link

xTHENKx's Avatar


xTHENKx
12.17.2011 , 01:02 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by SlanginEwoks View Post
Yeha I understand there are 2 million others out there with real problems. This is so little it would take them like 5 seconds? I don't uinderstand their logistics when making their security quesitons. Again Why would you have several quesitons asnwered and what not to only be asked the same question over and over and over and over. come on now I haven't gone to college and even i can think of this?! HOW SMART ARE THEY!!! Not very
Are you talking about logging in to the game? The website? I mean I setup my questions with one work answers. How did you set yours up? One word or a sentence?
Desktop - AMD 8150 3.6 Ghz | 8GB Ram | SLI GeForce 560
Laptop - i3 2.1 Ghz | 4GB Ram | ATI Radeon 4330

For the Sith

moiraesfate's Avatar


moiraesfate
12.17.2011 , 01:02 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Nague View Post
he bought one copy and a 450 dollar pc


they are called security questions for a reason, how hard can it be to remember 3 answers to questions you choose.
Its not a problem with remembering the answers, its a problem with never have been asked that particular question in the first place. Seriously, it asked "If I were a car, I would be a (make and model).". I was never asked that question in the past so never provided an answer. And whats the point in having five security question answers if the question NEVER changes to any of the actual questions I answered?

I perfectly well remember the answers to the questions I was asked. I was not asked that one.

Sakrelige's Avatar


Sakrelige
12.17.2011 , 01:04 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by SlanginEwoks View Post
Yeha I understand there are 2 million others out there with real problems. This is so little it would take them like 5 seconds? I don't uinderstand their logistics when making their security quesitons. Again Why would you have several quesitons asnwered and what not to only be asked the same question over and over and over and over. come on now I haven't gone to college and even i can think of this?! HOW SMART ARE THEY!!! Not very
you're the one who can't remember the answer to your own question... and now it's their fault because you have to wait on hold along with other people. (many of whom aren't the cause of their own frustration) grow up.

SlanginEwoks's Avatar


SlanginEwoks
12.17.2011 , 01:06 PM | #17
I answer all mine with one word like 4 letter words, so I would never have this problem. This is starting to get rediculoius. I am trying to login into my account(IG) and I can't get past security question. WHO CARES WHAT CAR MAKE AND MODEL I would be?! I sware.

I have tried chaing the file thing to "true" and it is still failing to wrok. should I restart comp?

xTHENKx's Avatar


xTHENKx
12.17.2011 , 01:08 PM | #18
Have you tried changing your answers?
Desktop - AMD 8150 3.6 Ghz | 8GB Ram | SLI GeForce 560
Laptop - i3 2.1 Ghz | 4GB Ram | ATI Radeon 4330

For the Sith

SlanginEwoks's Avatar


SlanginEwoks
12.17.2011 , 01:09 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by Sakrelige View Post
you're the one who can't remember the answer to your own question... and now it's their fault because you have to wait on hold along with other people. (many of whom aren't the cause of their own frustration) grow up.
Oh yah.? Well I have grown up. I am upset because they have failed to create a system that works. You paid for the game right? I did too. Millions did idiot. That is MILLIONS OF DOILLARS. IF YOU SELL SOMETHING TO MAKE MILLIONS YOU SHOULD AHVE A SYSTEM THAT WORKS ALREADY WHEN YOU RELEASE IT. That is why I am upset. I understand I don't know the answer, **** I dont even remember answering the particular question they keep asking me. or else I would have gotten past it already. I hav etried anything and everythign I would ever answer to that. about 100 combos. Thanks tard

SlanginEwoks's Avatar


SlanginEwoks
12.17.2011 , 01:10 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by xTHENKx View Post
Have you tried changing your answers?
I cant change them without knowing the answer to the car question....