Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Fastest LI HM run

crimotaku
04.24.2012 , 01:53 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by teemoor View Post
Right... Pre-50+couple columi... And how did you manage to heal your tank from that 4x5k bombs+dots+heal dps from aoe dmg+heal yourself and what about enrage timers?

I would believe you if you wiped on the robot. Not Donkey Kong.
Give me a boss, and i will give u a breakdown of what we did. Any boss. I'd gladly share.

This was our team breakdown
Columni Marauder
Columni Juggernaut (2 pieces)
Merc (level 49 epics with rakata relics)
Sorc (orange gear with some level 45 blue mods)

Feverish
04.24.2012 , 01:56 AM | #22
teemor: 4x5k dots you mean Incinerate right?? Means ur tank or dps doesn't know how to interrupt most of them? My tank solo disrupts incinerate and whatever he does get because of CD I heal and cleanse.

AOE dmg from lava? or from the blue spheres... First the lava is a stacking dot which if you don't have tunnel vision can notice which box the lava is gonna come out from... if you take only 1 stack of it the pain isn't much and easily recoverable.

AOE blue spheres the dmg is only painful if u stay in it too long which imo is another stupid thing to do, you should move your *** outside of the sphere and if there are 2 nearby go find a safe spot away from it but still in range of your tanks and dps. If you don't know how to move away from it means you suck... If you got cockblocked by the spheres because they made a wall and another one is over on that side the tank should quickly move thru one of those spheres to the other side of the room. The dmg from the spheres if its just 1 isn't as painful as it seems unless your team took **** loads of lava + adds + sphere.

Adds... 1 DPS should always manage the adds preferably a range with healing capabilities. Like my friend who is a merc takes care of whatever adds that come out and if he doesn't take too much dmg he's back on boss and I'll drop some heals on him.

Need anymore ideas on how to solve this? I wiped 10 times+ on this boss for my first night in LI HM and that was partially because it was late and a new instance for me. After that night the next couple of nights went like a breeze and it became an instant farm status for my group as we were completing it on faster timers.

crimotaku
04.24.2012 , 02:32 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Feverish View Post
teemor: 4x5k dots you mean Incinerate right?? Means ur tank or dps doesn't know how to interrupt most of them? My tank solo disrupts incinerate and whatever he does get because of CD I heal and cleanse.

AOE dmg from lava? or from the blue spheres... First the lava is a stacking dot which if you don't have tunnel vision can notice which box the lava is gonna come out from... if you take only 1 stack of it the pain isn't much and easily recoverable.

AOE blue spheres the dmg is only painful if u stay in it too long which imo is another stupid thing to do, you should move your *** outside of the sphere and if there are 2 nearby go find a safe spot away from it but still in range of your tanks and dps. If you don't know how to move away from it means you suck... If you got cockblocked by the spheres because they made a wall and another one is over on that side the tank should quickly move thru one of those spheres to the other side of the room. The dmg from the spheres if its just 1 isn't as painful as it seems unless your team took **** loads of lava + adds + sphere.

Adds... 1 DPS should always manage the adds preferably a range with healing capabilities. Like my friend who is a merc takes care of whatever adds that come out and if he doesn't take too much dmg he's back on boss and I'll drop some heals on him.

Need anymore ideas on how to solve this? I wiped 10 times+ on this boss for my first night in LI HM and that was partially because it was late and a new instance for me. After that night the next couple of nights went like a breeze and it became an instant farm status for my group as we were completing it on faster timers.
What this uber player said.

Aritok
04.24.2012 , 03:37 AM | #24
Right... Pre-50+couple columi... And how did you manage to heal your tank from that 4x5k bombs+dots+heal dps from aoe dmg+heal yourself and what about enrage timers?

You are one of the reasons these great flashpoints get nerfed to hell, because you are to bored to find out the right strat.

Healing through damage? How about a way a avoid this damage, instead of insulting your healer that he could not heal this.

Sorry, but with this, you self disqualified yourself from any usefull discussion.....

Andex
04.24.2012 , 03:45 AM | #25
I'm a tank. If he has to heal me through incinerate, there are 2 issues.

1.) I didn't interrupt, I'm a *******.
2.) I clearly don't know how to play Assassin, because I didn't use Force Shroud to immediately cleanse myself. On the flip side of that, I should DIRECTLY communicate to him that I have incinerate and need cleanse, if he doesn't already see it and is already doing it.

I'm a tank. If I'm taking AoE damage from spheres, I'm a *******. I have these keys on my keyboard that let me move my virtual character to different spots of the virtual world, preferably spots that aren't also being filled with health depriving lightning shields.

So, what I'd really like to know, is how my gear has ANYTHING to do with those mechanics.
Raaxi Nimm
Backrocket Bastards
RP Swag, PvP Flagged

Exertim
04.24.2012 , 03:52 AM | #26

Not sure if trolling or just incompetent at playing easy video games. I've tanked and DPS'ed HM LI many times, and if your DPS or tank are too retarded to interrupt Incinerate (tanks can actually solo interrupt it by themselves; if you're fast enough on the interrupt, you won't get a single tick of Incinerate) and/or move out of the easy to see lightning/fire then yeah, you're going to have a problem with the droid.

The only real heavy damage you should be taking is from the uninterruptable channeled spell that the droid occasionally casts on a random player.
Sakarai - 50 Jedi Sentinel
Canderous Ordo

xJACKTHERIPPERx
04.24.2012 , 11:17 AM | #27
im also thinking of the 4 satchel charges that lorrick throws on the tank
<Shadowlands> Munda - 60 Sniper | Seever - 60 Juggernaut | Kaasra - 60 Assassin | Vasius - 56 Mercenary | Innoss - 57 Sage | Sediya - 60 Vanguard | Yellow'Polka - 56 Sentinel | Vi'da - 55 Scoundrel

KarethRiker
04.24.2012 , 11:28 AM | #28
Just did Lost Island hard for the first time last night and we got it, but it was really hard for our all melee team.

As a sentinel I felt less useful than normal on the droid, but we got him down with bursts. Dr. Lorrick I felt more capable but felt like I had a hard time dodging the green on the ground so would love any tips for staying out of that. The timer on the circles is so short I mostly couldn't get away in time and would love to know how to do that better. Thankfully our healer was great on the cleanses, but want to see if I can make it smoother next time.

Tickdoff-Tank
04.24.2012 , 11:47 AM | #29
We did it in about 42 minutes, based on the amount of time left on my stim when we finished it. We have done it several times already. Once you learn the mechanics this FP is pretty fun. Untill you learn them it is tough.

Valfodr
04.24.2012 , 02:39 PM | #30
Satchels can be dodged. But pre 50 gear is going to mean the adds are spawning with much higher HP. The hard mode bosses also just plain hit hard. I love me some non face roll dungeons too but a group made up of 4 people in pre 50 gear are not beating this flashpoint on HM. I also find it funny one of the guys who thinks its possible called the droids channeled attack "heavy" damage. That attack is a joke. Sounds like the usual band of hardcore raider wannabes trying to say Soa's old bugs couldn't cause a wipe on nmm to a guy with an infernal title said it could.

Keep acting pro, good luck with that heavy damage channeled attack.
Quote: Originally Posted by oredith View Post
why level a BH from 1-50 on the PTS, when you can level a Sorc/Op 1-50 on live?