Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Losing money on 400 Slicing Lockbox missions

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Losing money on 400 Slicing Lockbox missions

RobertMcDonald
04.22.2012 , 05:33 PM | #1
Just maxxed out my Slicing, and recently I swear my companions are consistently returning with lockboxes that are worth less than the missions themselves cost. Whether I choose the 49-50 range missions or the lower ones.

This seems like a recent development to me, but maybe I'm crazy. Did anything change with Slicing recently? Are the mechanics for 400 Slicing... different somehow?

Spaj
04.22.2012 , 06:21 PM | #2
This is a bug confirmed here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...51#edit4069651 April 20th.

Quote: Originally Posted by StephenRied
Hey all, thank you for reports into this issue. We escalated this to the development team and after investigation, got confirmation that this was a bug.

It's being worked on now and a fix should be rolled out in a future patch. In the meantime, it'll be added to our known issues list.

Aetou
04.22.2012 , 06:23 PM | #3
Also, even with the bug you should still make a profit from the 400 slicing lockbox missions because the crits still give you 4-5k credits plus a mission that is worth 4-40k(+). You only need to crit one in every 4-6 missions to make money and my Maxed out Risha does that.

RobertMcDonald
04.22.2012 , 08:48 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Spaj View Post
This is a bug confirmed here: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...51#edit4069651 April 20th.
Thanks! Nice to know I'm not crazy.

Looks like at the moment you'll lose money most times but crits will make it still pay off in the end...? Hard to tell.

mrfoughtforever
04.22.2012 , 08:54 PM | #5
You know you can gather lockboxes yourself for free, right?

RobertMcDonald
04.22.2012 , 09:02 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by mrfoughtforever View Post
You know you can gather lockboxes yourself for free, right?
No, I really hadn't noticed all those Slicing lockboxes I've been gathering for 30 levels since I picked up Slicing.

My concern was whether or not I should keep my companions deployed constantly on slicing missions like I used to be. I'd stopped recently.

Carbonated
04.23.2012 , 02:04 AM | #7
I been for the past few days praying i get white boxes over green ones because the green ones are half the white atm ><
I used to be Part of the community But the aussie dollar is strong with this one.

MystbladeWA
04.24.2012 , 05:12 AM | #8
Bah, hoping they would address this with todays patch....

No luck...

Niddles
04.24.2012 , 10:12 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Carbonated View Post
I been for the past few days praying i get white boxes over green ones because the green ones are half the white atm ><
And the completely broken crew skill is not fixed in today's patch. I suppose that means it won't be hotifxed and we'll have to wait for next Tuesday?

RobertMcDonald
04.24.2012 , 10:35 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Niddles View Post
And the completely broken crew skill is not fixed in today's patch. I suppose that means it won't be hotifxed and we'll have to wait for next Tuesday?
Sadly, it's looking that way.