Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Trooper story really THAT boring? If so should i be Smuggler or Councilar?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Is Trooper story really THAT boring? If so should i be Smuggler or Councilar?

ChewyYui
04.23.2012 , 02:12 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by XCantaloupeX View Post
So you liked the knight story? Maybe I will run a guardian or something.. decisions decisions
Indeed, it was made a bit more enjoyable by being evil >:3

I re-rolled half way through tho, as I wasn't enjoying the Sentinel advanced class that much.

I recommend to try them all out for your self tho, because whats enjoyable for one person, may not be interesting for someone else. Best thing to do IMO to try them out, is to do the starter planet with each one, get a feel for the story, then do Esseless/Black Talon to get a quick feel for the advanced class

Best of luck to you though, and I hope you have fun no matter what you choose!
The Progenitor - The Alteric Legacy - Kira-chan

XCantaloupeX
04.23.2012 , 02:18 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
Indeed, it was made a bit more enjoyable by being evil >:3

I re-rolled half way through tho, as I wasn't enjoying the Sentinel advanced class that much.

I recommend to try them all out for your self tho, because whats enjoyable for one person, may not be interesting for someone else. Best thing to do IMO to try them out, is to do the starter planet with each one, get a feel for the story, then do Esseless/Black Talon to get a quick feel for the advanced class

Best of luck to you though, and I hope you have fun no matter what you choose!

Thanks for the advice! I think i will do that! Its so hard to tell how the class is from the first 10 levels though.. Althought the warrior really drew me in in the first 10 levels.. esspecially with the torturing lmao

super-kabob
04.23.2012 , 10:24 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by VarrusTheEthical View Post
Just as a counterpoint, I loved the trooper storyline, even after playing through two other classes (Jedi Knight and Sith Warrior).

To put it bluntly, no, the Trooper story is not boring. If anything, I think it's one of the best pieces of star wars military fiction outside of the X-Wing Novels or the Heir to the Empire series. All the squadmates are varied and interesting, the story progresses logically and yet still holds many surprises. Finally, as a trooper, you get a very real feeling that you're the one who's saving the Republic while the Jedi are busy saving the Galaxy.
although the beginning planet storyline is so stupid lol

Lokai
04.24.2012 , 12:48 AM | #24
weird i've played almost all imp storys and dabbled in the rep stories and i found trooper story most interesting... but i'd say roll the class you enjoy most story will be good regardless none of them are bad.
" Destiny is like a river...washes us along its ever winding path, the jedi follow its path drawn along it like lambs to the slaughter... but We Sith fight the flow of destiny, turn its course to our whim! Through this will we be the true victors of this war!" -Lokai-

FoFo
04.24.2012 , 02:10 AM | #25
The trooper story is awful compared to other classes. After playing some other classes I really don't understand what the devs where thinking when the came up with the story. Smuggler is really good. I never got to far on mine but since the opening scene I keep thinking when I was going to get my ship back! Along with the sense of humor in the story I would suggest that as being probably one of the better stories.
I want to play a Wookiee
SWG Veteran Wasneuth Igout Valcyn/Bloodfin

Vicelance
04.24.2012 , 07:33 AM | #26
I'm at level 49 with my gunslinger just about to go to Voss, the storyline is nice my only complaint was the end of act two felt a little bland especially when you compare it to the troopers act 2, I didn't even know I had finished act two until I logged out and logged back in.

The gunslinger is fun to play though once your companion dies you go down very quickly.

My trooper Vanguard and Knight Guardian are both still in act one I'm enjoying the class mechanics of both of them since I prefer tanking to dps and I feel like I can use any companion for almost any situation unlike my gunslinger who really needs a tank for hard fights.

I'm enjoying the story of both of them some parts of the knight story are better and some parts of the trooper story are better such as the ending of Taris playing one right after the other the knight story is kind of bland in comparison.
||||||()Ξ██████████████████████████████)

jedip_enguin
04.24.2012 , 09:21 AM | #27
Maybe I'm just easily pleased but I really enjoyed the trooper story...

I suppose if the others are so much better I'm in for a treat when I start leveling alts :P
Jedip_enguin - So cool I dont even need a signature...

Diopter
04.24.2012 , 11:18 AM | #28
I enjoyed all the chances to kill NPCs mid dialogue as a trooper.
Diopter
SWG:Shadowfire - SWTOR:The Bastion
Forever Smuggling

XCantaloupeX
04.24.2012 , 01:34 PM | #29
Hey i started the trooper only level 5 and i am actually enjoying playing it very much! I can tell that the story is not gonna take off but it feels cool to play as a soldier who will do anything to accomplish his mission even if that means sacrifices. I also got to level 5 on the smuggler just for a small feel of it and i dont like the gameplay because of the cover system, but the story already has some funny dialogue!

sharkfinsix
04.25.2012 , 09:41 AM | #30
I've taken a Vanguard to 37, a Commando to 50 and a Mercenary to 50.

Bounty hunter has the betetr story by far, Trooper one is average act 1, meh act 2 and pretty good act 3.

While both the Vanguard and commando are both fun to play, The Vanguard was my favorite, however Commando has the Healing option, so that's why i ended up with a merc and commando, guild needed healers so i changed from Vanguard to commando, already had leveled the merc.

My consular is 27...story is very boring, game play is fun as a shadow, game play on my Sorc (Sage) seems way OP in solo pve so kinda boring cause way to easy. (my sorc is 19)

hope that advice helps!

PS Playing my commando darkside was far preferable to my light side yes sir, right away sir Vanguard as well.