Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armor Mods on Tier Gear

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zaragosa
04.22.2012 , 03:18 PM | #1
I was to the understanding that effective patch 1.2 Armoring mods may be switched out of tier gear and placed in orange gear (that looks much better (very poorly designed Jedi Consular gear)) and in doing so would transfer the tier set bonuses to the orange gear with the tier armoring mod.

I tried this last night - finding the only thing I got out of it was a cost of 33k x2 to pull it out of the tier and then pull it out of the orange, plus the cost of 23k to pull out the orange armoring mod; with no change to the orange piece other than it having better stats (but not the set bonus(s)).

Was I mistaken on this or is their a problem with it currently not working?
Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Tirvaak
04.22.2012 , 03:43 PM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by Zaragosa View Post
I was to the understanding that effective patch 1.2 Armoring mods may be switched out of tier gear and placed in orange gear (that looks much better (very poorly designed Jedi Consular gear)) and in doing so would transfer the tier set bonuses to the orange gear with the tier armoring mod.

I tried this last night - finding the only thing I got out of it was a cost of 33k x2 to pull it out of the tier and then pull it out of the orange, plus the cost of 23k to pull out the orange armoring mod; with no change to the orange piece other than it having better stats (but not the set bonus(s)).

Was I mistaken on this or is their a problem with it currently not working?
Hi Zaragosa,

The set bonuses will only carry over to a piece of gear that has been created on or after 1.2 release. While it is possible to use the armor mods in older gear unfortunately the set bonus does not carry over.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Thanks.

Tirvaak | Bioware Customer Service - Forum Support

Zaragosa
04.22.2012 , 04:01 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by Tirvaak View Post
Hi Zaragosa,

The set bonuses will only carry over to a piece of gear that has been created on or after 1.2 release. While it is possible to use the armor mods in older gear unfortunately the set bonus does not carry over.

I hope this clears things up for you.

Thanks.
Tried it on orange gear purchased from the new vendor in Corruscant... purchased after patch 1.2.
Fear is the path to the Dark Side. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Nebrooth
04.29.2012 , 05:12 PM | #4
Same problem with me, though I have to admit that I didn't know about needing to take an orange Item post-1.2, I took something that looked good (instead of ugly consular Tier 1/2 skins...), but the set bonus didn't carry on... Set tooltip is still stuck with the original breastplate, and the new orange items is not counted by the other set parts.

Tried to contact support about it, but all I got out of them was "if it isn't on swtor.com, we can't answer your question" (O.o in it self, meaning that game support's job is to read aloud from swtor.com...)

I'm happy to finally read something about that bug here on the forums, so now I can save my time on trying the armoring part on other orange items (meaning not having to extract it again for 22k) as well as trying to get useful intel from game support...

I still hope it will get fixed. It's not by any means as important as a random shameful economic bug exploit needing to get adressed ASAP (enough irony)

Demonwar
04.29.2012 , 05:19 PM | #5
Yeah I don't think it's working yet for the new orange gear.

Kueball
04.29.2012 , 06:22 PM | #6
So, I know that if you buy the new battlemaster and new war hero gear and transfer that the set bonuses carry over.

Does anybody know of any PVE gear (Tionese/Columi, etc) that transfers over so that I don't look like a walking Minotaur (Sith Inquisotor set).

ExileV
05.05.2012 , 11:14 PM | #7
Same happened to me just now, moved all the mods from the Columni War Leader's Body Armor to the custom Primeval Vindicator's Chestguard I got from Corellia commendation vendor only 1-2 days ago.

Khellus
05.06.2012 , 12:17 AM | #8
If you mouse over the armor mod you are planning to pull out , if the set bonus shows on it than when you remove it will transfer. If it does not show the set bonus on the armor mod when you mouse over it, it will not.
Republic's Elite - Mandalor the Indomitable - Van'dal Van'illa

Sutii
05.06.2012 , 12:44 AM | #9 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hello everyone,

Apologies for the confusion here, the previous post from Tirvaak stating that this feature functions with items created after 1.2 should be taken as items implemented into the game after Patch 1.2. The date you acquire the item itself is in effect irrelevant in this case.

The easiest way to ensure this is the case is to do as Khellus states, and check the tooltip of the mod itself prior to transferring it to a new item.

If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask.

Thanks.
Sutii | BioWare Customer Service - Forum Support

Naaruna
05.06.2012 , 02:24 AM | #10
That doesn't make sense . . . . if you are supposed to be able to pull out the mods from tier pieces and have them carry over set bonuses, then ALL mods in ALL tier pieces should do exactly as was said the mouse over should show the bonues. . . there should be no "if" about it.

IF the tool tip for the mods do NOT show the set bonus then there is something wrong it seems to me.