Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Black Hole and Campaign Gear for Sentinel/Marauder.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Black Hole and Campaign Gear for Sentinel/Marauder.

Edgedy
04.22.2012 , 11:16 AM | #1
I don't understand Bioware, was there somewhere where you thought that Sentinels were off tanks?

Why are 3 of our 5 armoring mods, the ones which you promised we can move into our custom gear guardian armoring?

Not only did you do that, but you also gave us strange combinations of mods.

The Guardian/Vigilance in the gloves and their chest has the correct mod. (Heavy into strength/endurance, and like a touch of power) I'm going to have to buy their campaign gear to replace my mods, I'm going to have to buy the sage and the trooper gear for the power/surge enhancements, and I'm going to have to buy black hole guardian helmets, the campaign chest and helmet, and the black hole armoring to put into my Rakata set so I don't lose my 4 set bonus.

Black Hole -
Sentinel
Boots - +68 Strength/+49 Endurance.
Gloves - +68, 49.
Legs - +68, 49.

Ours.
Chest, Head - bad slot.

Theirs
Vigilance armoring
- helm - +68, 49

Campaign
Vigilance
-chest - +68, 49.
-helm - +68, 49

Sentinel
-Boots, gloves, +68, 49.
-helm - bad.
Chest - bad.
Legs - bad.

I'm just trying to understand your rationale, why would you take my Rakata set and make the Campaign set give me less strength and more endurance? Are you lacking in the understanding that my main stat is more important? Do you think I'm an off tank?

Is that why you gave the off tank spec, for the guardian DPS more of the mods and equipment that the Sentinels need? What drives me more crazy is that when next patch comes to fix the itemization I am already a Frankenstein monster and will have to replace the mods in my equipment if I want them to upgrade.

So I can understand that you don't get the math but I'll ask that when you finally release the 2.3 set for the nightmare raid, please don't do this to us again.

Balrizangor
04.22.2012 , 12:44 PM | #2
My thoughts exactly, but for Marauders ... I look thru the new armors and I am gaining Armor/End more than STR. If anything, I lose a ton of STR and Accuracy ..

I have been a 100% supporter of the game since beta, but this, this doesn't even make sense ...

Marauders are not off tanks ....
In umbris potestas est ("In the shadows, there is power")

Why Haven't They Fixed My Bug?? - I'm not the Author but it is a great read.

Fallballa
04.22.2012 , 06:30 PM | #3
Had the same thoughts when i checked the vendor. Some gear fits for marauder, some seems more likely to be for the juggernauts.
Would be great if someone could explain that...

Fallballa die Holohexe
*** Baiindhe Dub ***
Jar'Kai Sword (Ex Darth Traya)

Havocx
04.23.2012 , 12:06 AM | #4
All of the modifications (middle slot) for Assassin tanks have significantly more willpower than endurance. Result is rakata have more endurance than new set.

This is in-line with Bioware's itemization though. Tank relics with power and DPS relics without. Even augments follow this retarded system now.

Edgedy
04.23.2012 , 09:09 AM | #5
Truth be told I don't expect a lot of this problem to be fixed in the current gear set.

But I want Bioware to understand that putting these odd armoring into sets is causing problems for their new custom gear design as the armoring carries set bonus.

I hope the issue is corrected before Nightmare comes out, so that itemization will make more sense.

I just feel bad for the guys who try to develop the new content with the so called 'new' gear. Sages will be hurt by this as much as Sentinels.

Euthyphro
04.23.2012 , 11:27 AM | #6
My only guess is that this was a sort of "stealth" class rebalance. It appears that they felt sentinels were too much of a glass cannon, dying too easily but doing top dps; one way to remedy that is to limit the strength gains in the new tier and increase endurance. The loss in accuracy will probably force us to take the +accuracy talent and sacrifice something else, like a damage reduction talent. Which, in a roundabout way, puts us back where we started.

Weird, I know.

Ovan_Oh-One
04.23.2012 , 12:06 PM | #7
Artist formerly known as Agyo.
Ketwol
Enra

andrew_b_gross
04.23.2012 , 12:25 PM | #8
The implants are totally borked, too: as Sentinel, the Pummeler implant looks way, way better than the Foestopper implant.

I personally don't think the 4 piece bonus has very much value-- certainly not as much value as you could get by using Armor with better stats. Heck, I've got 5/5 Rakata but I'm only actually using 2/5 because IMHO the 2 extra augement slots are way better than the 15 second reduction in Valorous Call cooldown.

The Campaign Gear / Black Hole gear itemization for Sentinels/Mauraders is incredibly dissapointing.
Mask of Nihilus: Legacy (30): Meijin | Sentinel (50): Tesuji | Shadow (25): Sente
Defenestrator: Legacy (1): Meijin | Marauder (34): Shusaku

EmblemElite
04.24.2012 , 01:20 AM | #9
Same with sorcs, I got my unassembled campaign bracers last night and didnt even get a piece of gear cause the campaign bracers take away from my willpower and give me more endurance. Just sticking with my rakata augmented bracers for now. I look at all the black hole gear and campaign gear on the vendor in supply area and most of it takes away willpower and replaced it with endurance.....

eudaemonea
04.24.2012 , 01:40 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by EmblemElite View Post
Same with sorcs, I got my unassembled campaign bracers last night and didnt even get a piece of gear cause the campaign bracers take away from my willpower and give me more endurance. Just sticking with my rakata augmented bracers for now. I look at all the black hole gear and campaign gear on the vendor in supply area and most of it takes away willpower and replaced it with endurance.....

I noticed the same thing. I don't need more health. I need more power to counter that healing nerf they tossed my way. Endurance helps me heal, how???
Intensity now Recruiting! Check our website for info.
Tier 1 - Fully Cleared - Infernal Titles : Tier 2 4/4 Story Mode, 1/4 Hard Mode