Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

Gammnuckan
12.17.2011 , 12:58 PM | #21
I can accept 10 min queue, 20 min, 30 min hey, up to 1 hour maybe 1,5 but 2 and above is just wack! Ppl found ways to exploit the game so they stay online but they are not playing, running in to corners with numlock etc. Ive have been in queue since 15.00 today, I am still in queue, but got dc round 18.00 and now Im place 1600+ with an estimated wait time of 2h 10 mins. To add the same time was at 15.00 today 2 hours and 10 mins. 15 - 18 is 3 hours and when I dc:ed I was place 426 in queue. Now I have to wait atleast 2 hours more to play, and to add this up I have a total of 16 hours in queue, and 10 hours of playtime. My whole guild is on ToFN, so either you transfer us for free, clone the server like other mmos have done when servers got too highly populated, increase the cap on the server with maybe 1000-2000 ppl, Which Im pretty sure the server is stable enough to do. Or just restart it, to get rid of the afkers. Because thats really the issue. When I was playing last night after 5 hour in queue, I saw people running in walls everywhere. Im not the ****** to do that myself otherwise I wouldn't be sitting in queue, I want to give people the chance to play the game. But as with Aion , when you could put up a table to sell stuff(Like a store) When people realized that you didn't go afk and dc when you did that, people sat everywhere. Aions solution? Restart the servers. Later on they added afkchecks on the tables.

Please do something, if not clone the server or transfer the guild. Do a quick restart or increase the cap, so atleast some of us in Europe can enjoy the game this weekend

/Gammelen @ Aes Sidhe Tomb of Freedon Nadd

thadutchy
12.17.2011 , 12:58 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by assasinHS View Post
when i first got into early access i was getting queue's of about 300 (which i was fine with) but now they have elevated to 1200 on the red eclipse server!, i know your trying to fix this but the only time i can actually get on the game is 7 in the morning (UK time)... in no way am i losing interest in the game but its a real pain knowing you have to wait 1-3 hours to play
you need someone at home to start up your computer and game 2 hours before you get home and make sure the ppl home keep you char moving.. so you can play right when you get home :P

MarkDOTJames
12.17.2011 , 12:59 PM | #23
already regret wasting my money on a game i cant play as im waiting 1.5 hours just to join the server BIO asigned my guild too.

rushx
12.17.2011 , 01:00 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by StephenReid View Post
The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:
"We know there have been questions about the queues on the servers, so we wanted to take a moment to give you some insight.

In order to ensure that the service would be smooth and stable, we staged how we brought people into the Early Game Access program, adding people in waves. As you know, there are a lot of folks who want to play the game right now and we want to make sure they have lots of people to play with. Balancing this with figuring out when to bring new servers online to help alleviate the size of the queues is part art and part science. On one hand, you do not want people to wait too long Ė on the other hand, you want to make sure that people have a dynamic, engaging community to play with for long after launch. Either way, we have one clear objective Ė to make sure folks have fun.

While we canít promise that there wonít ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."

im having awesome fun right now being in queue for 3 hours , so much fun indeed.

well while cap servers

enjoy the thousands of players that have cancelled thier pre-orders or just quit completely

i guess you dont like money
Intel i5 2500k 3.30ghz @4.6ghz oc , Asus P8Z68-V mboard, Corsair Vengeance Blue 8GB DDR3, Corsair Enthusiast Series TX 750W V2 PSU ,Corsair H60 liquid CPU Cooler Antec DF-10 case KFA2 560Ti Ex OC edition 27"iiyama ProLite 1080p Monitor Corsair 120gb Force 3 6gb/s SSD

thadutchy
12.17.2011 , 01:00 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Gammnuckan View Post
I can accept 10 min queue, 20 min, 30 min hey, up to 1 hour maybe 1,5 but 2 and above is just wack!
really? Wow you are tolerant. I mean its not a FreeToPlay game or something!! come on..

GideonFrost
12.17.2011 , 01:00 PM | #26
We appreciate you're doing everything you can. However, when there are two RP (yes, THAT Gideon) servers and they're both queueing, and the standard "go to another server" means that all our levelled characters are on the queuing servers, then there's really not a lot we can do.

Only way to fix this is up the pop caps or open new servers of all types, then do free transfers for all characters. Nothing else makes sense.
"Now and then, every once in a very long while, every day in a million days when the wind stands fair and the Doctor comes to call... everybody lives."

JuneauDaley
12.17.2011 , 01:01 PM | #27
Firstly, thank you for the update in that you are obviously aware of the problem (if you weren't something would of been seriously wrong).

How ever, how are you looking to resolve the issues? Sorry, I should re-phrase that so not to divulge trade secrets - Are you looking at improving capacity and reducing queues?

After all, firstly not everyone who has pre-ordered the game is playing yet so not impacting the queues. Secondly the game hasn't gone on sale to the general public nor has it arrived in peoples Christmas stockings which will also increase the amount of people playing on the servers.

To take into account if it proves to be popular end game a lot more people may start migrating from mmo's such as WoW/Rift. More people will be switching over, it can only imply the amount of users is going to increase and increase.

Finally, adding new servers will not help with the problem in that the people on a server are unlikely to change baring a small percentage. Which means queues will stay.

Padriolas
12.17.2011 , 01:02 PM | #28
The following is a brief statement from Jeff Hickman, Executive Producer, Live Services:
While we canít promise that there wonít ever be queues
I hope you are thinking of something like max. 20 seconds or so. Otherwise I'm out.
This is just insane and never seen it before. And I've played a lot of MMO's.

_Wesser_
12.17.2011 , 01:02 PM | #29
While we canít promise that there wonít ever be queues, we can promise you that we are taking this matter seriously and constantly reviewing them to make sure that they are manageable and reasonable."[/INDENT]
Then you should realize that we need more RP-PVP servers, as -if i recall correctly- there are only 1 on each US coast and there are ALWAYS long queues to access them.

I know that new servers appear every day, but leaving just 1 for RP.. i mean, please..

bibihest
12.17.2011 , 01:02 PM | #30
As soon as people start hitting 50 and guilds start to raid, you can't have this kind of queues. No one is going to login 3 hours early for a raid and if somone gets disconnected, they are gone for the rest of the evening.

Untill now they have managed to make this launch good. Beta weekend went fine, stress test weekend was fine to, but now it's just ruined.
It's NOT a trap! Member of the Semper Danica Havoc squad.