Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Regarding server queues

12.17.2011 , 06:41 PM | #1001
As a member of the Swiftsure server, which your guild program sent me and my mates, Bioware has failed miserably at providing adequate server availability. I'm stuck in the middle of a 900 man queue (when I got in) which happened when I closed the game down to clear up a UI bug.

There is one word I can use to describe the queue situation on Swiftsure... INTOLERABLE.

12.17.2011 , 06:41 PM | #1002
Quote: Originally Posted by Mandrax View Post
Grace period will not help queues, it will make them longer. It's fine if you've already logged in, but for those that haven't, it could double the current queue times.
The idea of the "grace period" isn't MEANT to help the queue times, it's a completely seperate issue.

If I've waited for 2 1/12 hours to get into the game and the game client crashes, I didn't do it to get YOU into the game. I already "paid my admission" by both buying the game and actually going through the queue. A "client crash" doesn't mean I'm done playing.

We deserve to get back into the game as long as we log back in ASAP.
The Darkholde Legacy - Prophecy of the Five server

Join "The Art of Warfare" Gaming Community
The Republic of TAW and The Empire of TAW

12.17.2011 , 06:41 PM | #1003
Quote: Originally Posted by Surebleak View Post
Obviously too many people do not understand economics.

Early access was an incentive to entice people to pre-order the game, increasing EA/Bioware's cash flow and, in theory, allowing for more development funds. Whether it was full price or only $5 it is a significant amount of capital.

2 million times $5 is @10 million. Five months of interest on $10 million is, for a very rough and conservative estimate is $200k so early access fees are significant.

Bioware/EA got paid for early access because we the consumer carried the cost of capital for at least part of the game fee for 5 months plus was a guaranteed revenue and one they could claim as an account receivable on the books. This is all positive on their bottom line.

Now, I have been given early access as per the 'up to 5 days' claim. At this point however my early access has been technically revoked because of server side population issues either real or as an attempt to control populations to ensure availability of quest mobs at appropriate levels.

This is an issue that needs to be managed effectively prior to access to day of release and Christmas gift purchases coming on line.
But how many people actually forked out money early? I ordered as soon as pre-order started but have only just had Amazon charge my CC.

12.17.2011 , 06:43 PM | #1004
They better fix this **** fast or they are going to start losing people.

12.17.2011 , 06:43 PM | #1005
They said Manageable and reasonable... What is managable and resonable to them? BW Last night I sat in queue that said when I tried to log in 1h 55m that was at 930pm pst well at 130am the next morning I got in... 4HOUR wait... I am on Swiftsure... Please fix this or offer free guild transfers.

Website - Forums - Apply
Hardcore Endgame PvE - PvP Dominance - US West PvP Server

12.17.2011 , 06:46 PM | #1006
Quote: Originally Posted by Lyconiss View Post
Please fix this or offer free guild transfers.
This may be the only solution they have. By forcing guilds onto pre-chosen servers they screwed guilds. Now if they let entire guilds transfer, maybe they will. Better option than just free transfer overall.
Garýc Starsider:RECTOR
Website | Recruitment Thread

12.17.2011 , 06:48 PM | #1007
I'm not happy about the server ques.

12.17.2011 , 06:49 PM | #1008
I never had to wait in a que for a WoW server! I know they had done some balancing before I started in 2008...but their subscriber base grew like crazy during that time and still never had an issue...this ain't rocket-science and since customer satisfaction is about being able to play...BW you really need to do something about this NOW.

12.17.2011 , 06:49 PM | #1009
These server times are ridiculous. I am on The Fatman and started with a 850 person Que in front of me... I can promise you Bioware that you will not be getting my money for monthly play time and I will be asking for a refund if it continues to be like this more than a week after official release. I did not spend $60 to look at a Que screen.

12.17.2011 , 06:49 PM | #1010
So it seems like they posted this just so that they could close the other threads about this on the forums to improve their image without actually doing anything for us.

who saw that coming?