Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Armormech or Cybertech for my BH PT...

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Vanguard / Powertech
Armormech or Cybertech for my BH PT...

badalchemist
12.21.2011 , 09:26 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by civanater View Post
keep in mind that you can only mod orange items.

I think the cybertech stuff could be a serious $$ maker mid-end game if you play with the AH.

As of now both have been a toss up for me. I've gotten drops that make both less useful to me.
Not true. You can mod epic items also, but you only get 2 moddable slots instead of 3.

civanater
12.21.2011 , 10:10 AM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by badalchemist View Post
Not true. You can mod epic items also, but you only get 2 moddable slots instead of 3.
Good to know.

Uzirael
12.21.2011 , 10:20 AM | #13
I gotta say cybertech. I've taken the social dress you're able to buy, and I constantly mod it, and it's persistently above gear I find, stat-wise.

badalchemist
12.21.2011 , 10:36 AM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by Uzirael View Post
I gotta say cybertech. I've taken the social dress you're able to buy, and I constantly mod it, and it's persistently above gear I find, stat-wise.
Isn't that Light Armor though?

pattymcfatty
12.21.2011 , 01:07 PM | #15
I was Armormech for beta but I'm Cybertech for live. Armortech was more immediately gratifying (building decent upgrades for my armor right off the bat), but Cybertech seems to be more geared for endgame with rare ship upgrades, item modifications for all that RP gear you want to play in, and also a custom-built speeder bike that I'm still farming some underworld metals for.

So my vote would be cybertech, also it seems like most bounty hunters went armsmech and armormech.
http://nyatnyat.ytmnd.com/
Squadron 11-11-11

Never forget!

Torothin
12.21.2011 , 01:09 PM | #16
What other 2 skills bets compliment cyber tech?

badalchemist
12.21.2011 , 02:29 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Torothin View Post
What other 2 skills bets compliment cyber tech?
Scavenging gets you the base metals/compounds you need. Underworld Trading gets you the rare/epic mats you need for rare/epic items.

Tenacity
12.21.2011 , 02:44 PM | #18
You dont tend to see a great deal of slotted gear until 30+. Personally, I've found armormech invaluable while levelling because it lets me save my commendations for weapons/shields/implants - and the server I play on has an extremely low population on the imperial side so there's literally no gear to buy from the GTN.

Cybertech is definitely more useful at endgame, where a lot of the gear allows for mods/upgrades, but I still dont think it fits a bounty hunter all that well. Aside from earpieces and upgrades, cybertech focuses on making melee weapons and droid parts - neither of which is much use to a bounty hunter, as we have no droid companions and our melee companions are probably the least used out of the lot.

I'll be taking cybertech on my imperial agent, though - can always make myself mods at endgame and send them to my bounty hunter.
THE LYNX LEGACY THE HARBINGER
Lynx --- Bastet --- Pakhet --- Leonen --- Maihos
Shock and Jawa Full Metal Jawa

AwesumPossum
12.21.2011 , 03:19 PM | #19
I've been leveling Cybertech but thought about switching to armormech and after reading this thread I get the vibe Cybertech is the way to go. Plus im making grenades now which is sweet lol.

I have a question about Underworld Trading. I've been getting a lot of schematics for Sithweaving, do we get Cybertech schematics from UT?
Dooka (Scoundrel - The Twin Spears - Main) | Aki (Sniper - The Twin Spears)
Triumvirate Guild (PVP)
Twitter | My Stream

badalchemist
12.21.2011 , 03:29 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by Tenacity View Post
You dont tend to see a great deal of slotted gear until 30+. Personally, I've found armormech invaluable while levelling because it lets me save my commendations for weapons/shields/implants - and the server I play on has an extremely low population on the imperial side so there's literally no gear to buy from the GTN.

Cybertech is definitely more useful at endgame, where a lot of the gear allows for mods/upgrades, but I still dont think it fits a bounty hunter all that well. Aside from earpieces and upgrades, cybertech focuses on making melee weapons and droid parts - neither of which is much use to a bounty hunter, as we have no droid companions and our melee companions are probably the least used out of the lot.

I'll be taking cybertech on my imperial agent, though - can always make myself mods at endgame and send them to my bounty hunter.
I've gotten tons of orange gear in my 20s...don't they even sell orange gear at the commendations vendors?