Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
The end of the arguement. Is SWTOR in decline? Can it be saved?

JeramieCrowe
04.21.2012 , 07:28 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by evildestroyer View Post
What more proof you do need, its a fact server pops are decreasing, Just look at server status there are way more light and standard servers than last month or two months ago. You must be blind and playing on one of the 5 high pop servers to miss that fact.
/facepalm

You're right, Cerion, these people just can't seem to wrap their skulls around the difference between decreasing pop, and decreasing concurrent pop.

Again, eviledestroyer, point me out an MMO that has NOT experienced the same thing 3 months after launch? No? That's right, you can't because THIS IS NORMAL.

This really isn't rocket science people. Hehehe, it really isn't.

BioWare is addressing the drop in concurrent playtimes. It'll be your turn soon to transfer to another server.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

Dezzi
04.21.2012 , 07:50 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by JeramieCrowe View Post
Fine. The sky is falling, Chicken Little.
Good counter-point. Good discussion.

Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

Rashne
04.21.2012 , 07:59 PM | #23
Decline is a term that people use too freely. Are subs down? Only Bioware knows. The most we can tell is that many servers are much less active than they were in the first couple of months. My server is down somewhat from launch, but its still not too bad.

1.2 is a solid patch, addressing many of the performance issues we've seen since launch, addressing many bugs and implementing some nice new features. Let's not forget Bioware has been pretty consistent about pushing patches out quickly for new content of various types. I don't see how people can genuinely say "lack of end-game content" at this point. There is a lot to do and it will only get to be more. Unless you're a hermit that plays all day every day you can find things to do that keep you busy and give you reason to play.

I would like to see some cross-server queing functionality for PvP and PvE. I think that would help low pop servers and make them more enjoyable, plus it would help on servers where the faction is highly favored in population.

Patsilver
04.21.2012 , 08:14 PM | #24
Cross server LFG PVE or PvP is something that will make some happy, some not so happy. It would make Que times much shorter, for sure.
If they put these in the forum will explode with all the "Why do all the people from [insert server name here] server suck at PvP" threads. We've all seen those lol
Same for the dungeon finder threads. Ninja looters and L2P threads
I would rather they merge servers, although the rage quit over losing my name threads will start then.
I survived the Patch From Hell (9/24/2013) but my subscription didn't.

AlyxDinas
04.21.2012 , 08:18 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
Good counter-point. Good discussion.

To be fair, you didn't really offer much of a spirited or substantial defense for your claims to begin with.
'Jeos Dinas'-Ebon Hawk
Manager, The Ebon Hawk Bounty Board
"Perception Problem."

Dezzi
04.21.2012 , 08:23 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by AlyxDinas View Post
To be fair, you didn't really offer much of a spirited or substantial defense for your claims to begin with.
What point of mine needs to be defended beyond what was already stated? The problem the game is facing--a perceived lack of concurrent players--is being dealt with late because their solution was not ready to be rolled out in time. For whatever reason, be it a lack of development resources, slow development, lack of will, lack of foresight, or what have you, they dragged their feet.
Ebon Hawk (RP)
Peace | Knowledge | Serenity | the Force
I'm a Jedi because the galaxy needs Jedi.

unseenmaji
04.21.2012 , 08:24 PM | #27
Were the rest of this thread ***? censor ship much.

xXCheXGuevaraXx
04.21.2012 , 08:45 PM | #28
The biggest problem I've faced while playing this game is that when I log on, I quite literally feel like I'm logging into World of Warcraft in space. No matter how hard I try, it just doesn't feel like Star Wars to me. Questing on planets felt dull the first time around and even more so the second (I admit the class stories themselves are superb). We're CONSTANTLY flanked by unclimbable mountains throughout our whole experience and there is little incentive (if it is even possible) to go off the beaten path and explore the world or to engage in actual world PvP. Once you finish a planet, there is very little reason to go back to it other than for Datacrons, at least for me anyways. Thus, I spend most of my time sitting in the fleet, kind of like how I spent most of my time sitting in Dalaran/Orgrimmar after Burning Crusade.

Now, I realize Bioware has stated time and time again that this game is not a sandbox style mmo, but rather a "roller-coaster" themed MMO. For those of you who have been to a theme park, did you ever notice that the third or fourth time you rode the same roller-coaster, it just wasn't as fun? The one time, and yes, the ONE AND ONLY TIME I felt like I was in the Star Wars universe was when I was questing in the vast openness of the Dune Sea. It really felt like I was adventuring through Tattooine, not the Grand Canyon. And don't even get me started on how constrained we are in space.

Moving onto the classes, once again I feel that Bioware failed to deliver that Star Wars feel. Playing a Sith Juggernaut feels more like I'm just playing the WoW Warrior class. How many times did a Sith in any of the trilogy movies jump up and smash down, sending electricity in every direction? None. But what other characters have the exact same ability? Hmm... Thunderclap anyone? Sith Inquisitors? Just look at their armor. There is absolutely NOTHING Star Warsy about any of their endgame sets, NOTHING at all. Their new 1.2 PvP armor aesthetics are a joke. I suppose the other classes were done well, although I can't recall any Imperial Agents throughout the movies. I realize that this video game isn't based off of the movies, but honestly, I think the closer they are, both to the setting and the aesthetics, the better.

These are just my two cents and why I will not be resubscribing.

TL;DR

This game doesn't feel like Star Wars, it feels dead, and it feels like World of Warcraft with lightsabers.

Quintan
04.21.2012 , 08:52 PM | #29
whether Subs are up or down my server is dead with 18 ppl in fleet atm Saturday 10:50pm. Pvp ques are ridiculous atm and that is the problem I'm having not subs going up or down.

JeramieCrowe
04.21.2012 , 08:56 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Dezzi View Post
What point of mine needs to be defended beyond what was already stated? The problem the game is facing--a perceived lack of concurrent players--is being dealt with late because their solution was not ready to be rolled out in time. For whatever reason, be it a lack of development resources, slow development, lack of will, lack of foresight, or what have you, they dragged their feet.
From your viewpoint, which, quite frankly, is extremely narrow.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight