Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why can't I kill/dump my companions?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Story and Lore
Why can't I kill/dump my companions?

Khopesh
04.22.2012 , 08:22 AM | #21
why do you want to kill them? just not use them, it is good to have a wide range of conpanions, I would like the option of choosing between characters like having 2 possible companions for one spot. I would like more of a choice with companions though but still bioware are gods when it comes to companions...
Actually scratch that, they are gods in general

Celacia
04.22.2012 , 08:50 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by SoraQuasar View Post
I don't think anyone is more annoying to have as Vector the bugman. wish i could squash him as the bug he is.
not to mention that he is the only romance option for the female IA. now this sucks.... anyone in his right mind cannot seriously be turned on or even be comfortable with him always saying "WE are" "WE like" "WE want"... damn thats creepy
Aw, Vector is actually awfully nice once you get to know him. He's just a little different. Also? Mad sexy.

Quote: Originally Posted by Khopesh View Post
why do you want to kill them? just not use them, it is good to have a wide range of conpanions, I would like the option of choosing between characters like having 2 possible companions for one spot. I would like more of a choice with companions though but still bioware are gods when it comes to companions...
Actually scratch that, they are gods in general
I want them (well, for me, Skadge in particular) off of my ship. Just not using him really isn't enough - I don't want to be reminded of his existence because I find him really upsetting.

Captain_Zone
04.22.2012 , 08:55 AM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Darth_Eminok View Post
Well why not put it in and tell the idiots who did kill their companions to SUCK IT UP AND GET OUT!

Yeah I'm moody...
The correct term is "SUCK IT UP AND DRIVE ON, HOOAH!" for the uninitiated.

There are definitely a few companions the game could do without, imo.

1. Skadge tops my list, of course. Not only is he a creeper, but come on! He's completely useless unless you're running a Healing spec. But even then, Blizz fits the Tank bill just fine, and he's a cool guy!

2. SGT Rusk. Also fairly useless in a fight. His DPS is mediochre at best, and his Tanking ability is non-existent. That, and any NCO who gets his squad killed on a regular basis needs to be forcibly retired.

3. Quinn. Yes, I know we used to be able to kill him back in Beta, and the option should still be there! Seriously, he's a Psycho type barely held in check by his loyalty to Darth Baras.

4. Tanno Vik. How the HELL did Garza think this weiner was the best Demo expert ever to serve in the Republic Army??? He's a tool, and a useless tool at that! They should have let me take Fuse instead.

That's my short list of useless companions that should have a kill option, imo. lol
. OPOD
Shivalka: Darth Baras is quite large, isn't he?
Joran Karn: You, my dear Sith, have just mastered the art of understatement.

Greyhamea
04.22.2012 , 10:54 AM | #24
I'd love the option to be able to freeze Skage in carbonite and leave him hanging around somewhere. I can get him later if I decide I need him.

It would be nice to be able to tell your companions you don't care about to bugger off, but you can get them back later. You'd obviously take a affection hit, but that's fine.

Celacia
04.22.2012 , 11:33 AM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by Greyhamea View Post
I'd love the option to be able to freeze Skage in carbonite and leave him hanging around somewhere. I can get him later if I decide I need him.
That would be perfect.

JediElf
04.22.2012 , 12:21 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
3. Quinn. Yes, I know we used to be able to kill him back in Beta, and the option should still be there! Seriously, he's a Psycho type barely held in check by his loyalty to Darth Baras.
I'm possibly the only person, in the whole game (I'm not even kidding, I am the only one here), that found...

Spoiler

...to be totally expected, and a really nice charaicter story arc. I can't wait to see where this goes in Chapter 4, or if we'll find out more about his past. That would be nice.

I also find his whole sadistic/ near psychotic nature that boils just beneath the 'proper', and dutiful Imperial officer to be a perfect complement, to my ruthless Dark Side Sith.

While I would not kill him (ever) I do think that the option should be there, for those that want it.

Personally, I find him one of the most compelling companions in the game.
Beware the Jawa Sith!
SGRA FAQ! Check it out!

Celacia
04.22.2012 , 01:52 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by JediElf View Post
I'm possibly the only person, in the whole game (I'm not even kidding, I am the only one here), that found...

Spoiler

...to be totally expected, and a really nice charaicter story arc. I can't wait to see where this goes in Chapter 4, or if we'll find out more about his past. That would be nice.
There is a thread bout that - I don't think it was exactly unexpected, although
Spoiler

Jenzali
04.22.2012 , 03:29 PM | #28
Skadge is awesome. Keep him out for a bit and he'll give you a lot of laughs . I would have much rather killed Gault, Mako, and Torian in that order. Gault because his story was set up so we wanted to kill him in the first place, and Mako and Torian for being Mary and Gary Sue.

Bhaers
04.22.2012 , 11:29 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
4. Tanno Vik. How the HELL did Garza think this weiner was the best Demo expert ever to serve in the Republic Army??? He's a tool, and a useless tool at that! They should have let me take Fuse instead.
Garza consistently makes me think of Katherine Janeway. As such she did it, on purpose, to annoy us!

Quote: Originally Posted by Greyhamea View Post
That's a great idea. Seriously.
An inflated sense of self-importance deflects us from the inner peace and happiness we seek and affects those around us negatively. - HH Dalai Lama

Kalterien
04.22.2012 , 11:41 PM | #30
Every time I see a kill/dump companion thread, I wonder to myself before starting to read it:
"Is it yet another Sith Warrior wanting to kill the Quinn-ster?"

Thank you for delivering

But seriously.. Ashara for my female SI makes me cry, she hates my neutral decisions, doesn't much care for my presents. I do NOT want her on my ship!