Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Race Hint?

Sleggar
04.21.2012 , 12:16 PM | #1
I saw this in a loading screen and I think this could be a hint at a new race in an upcoming expansion. Is that the same race as Nadia Grell?

http://i.imgur.com/PG1et.jpg

Larger:
http://imgur.com/fdhL0

Marak
04.21.2012 , 12:28 PM | #2
I'd play it. I'd need new slots to do it, but I'd do it.

Taleek
04.21.2012 , 12:32 PM | #3
Nice find... I never would have noticed something like that.
*insert witty retort that will become someone's signature*- Kitty Prawn
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=347245
.- Never forget.
"DPS is science, healing is art, tanking is strategy."

TJemegency
04.21.2012 , 12:54 PM | #4
Couldn't that just be one of the already in-game races just face painted or something?
Quote: Originally Posted by GlowstickSwinger View Post
Say it with me, BioWare:
YOU DO NOT HAVE A CONTENT PROBLEM. YOU HAVE A PERFORMANCE PROBLEM.

Sleggar
04.21.2012 , 07:18 PM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by TJemegency View Post
Couldn't that just be one of the already in-game races just face painted or something?
That's what I thought at first. Or that it was just a mix of someones tattoos (zabrak) and dark side alignment, but I don't believe the hair and the face markings support those theories. I think that the face markings match that of what is seen on Nadia Grell (similar markings on the cheeks and eyes). I can't find any more images of her race to see if they have skin that light though. I suppose it could also be a combination of legacy unlocks as well..

Saltybill
04.21.2012 , 07:22 PM | #6
I noticed that too! looks cool! almost... pandaish... XD jk jk!

but I'd really love to play a droid class! you IA people know what I'm talkin bout!
Visit my sites for FREE webcomics!
Coffin Comics - Gaming & Geeking comics including wowcraft and yes, Star Wars! Also has game reviews and "Tooned News" articles. Updates Mon, Wed, Fri!!

Neopopulas
04.21.2012 , 07:24 PM | #7
it could just be early art assets, that is, at some point there was a model that looked like that and it was used for the loading-hints and was never changed later in development.

Sleggar
04.21.2012 , 07:34 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Neopopulas View Post
it could just be early art assets, that is, at some point there was a model that looked like that and it was used for the loading-hints and was never changed later in development.
I suppose they could have a placeholder image for the character's portrait that they have had since early development, but I thought it was interesting since the hint and graphic of the rest of the actionbar are both post 1.2.

rickyard
04.21.2012 , 07:49 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by TJemegency View Post
Just like the rest of the "races"?

Restepor
04.21.2012 , 07:56 PM | #10
It could be a part of a legacy update. If you get full affliction with a companion you can be that race, that would be cool (but unlikely).