Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zorn and Toth - is it meant to be such a frickle fight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Zorn and Toth - is it meant to be such a frickle fight?

FadedSpark
04.28.2012 , 01:44 AM | #61
Really fun strategy for story mode for my group (And we one shot it with this new random attempt)

DPS SWAPPING!

We would start off on zorn, then when toth leaped (It is timed as well as percentiled) we passed off to toth due to fearful, and would do that the entire time (the three melee. The one ranged was on Zorn the entire time)

It was actually ludicrously easy compared to the normal strats we attempted before. We just kited zorn around for his last 15% and the enrage was easy to deal with.
FadedSpark - 31/1/9
Galactic Energy Corps - Officer | Sith Meditation Sphere

kiwoo
04.28.2012 , 03:42 AM | #62
Quote: Originally Posted by FadedSpark View Post
Really fun strategy for story mode for my group (And we one shot it with this new random attempt)

DPS SWAPPING!

We would start off on zorn, then when toth leaped (It is timed as well as percentiled) we passed off to toth due to fearful, and would do that the entire time (the three melee. The one ranged was on Zorn the entire time)

It was actually ludicrously easy compared to the normal strats we attempted before. We just kited zorn around for his last 15% and the enrage was easy to deal with.
Thats what we did. just focused on one tanks boss. Toth when he was tnaking Toth, then to Zorn when they switched.

With the positioning and boss switching locked down it actually is a pretty easy fight.

Be interesting to see what the OP says about the second boss fight^^

invizion
04.28.2012 , 12:36 PM | #63
It's a good fight for a gear/skill check and I welcome more of these types of fights at the beginning of raids.

Raid's should be designed to be challenging and Nightmare should be... well... a Nightmare.

You can't expect to go in on "hard" mode and 1 shot everything, especially when Bioware said they wanted fights to be more about execution. Overall, this has been a very interesting tier thus far and I for one cannot wait for nightmare mode.. especially with them trying to add another mechanic to some of the fights in the instance .
Regret Gaming
Now accepting X-Realm apps - Tomb of Freedon Nadd EU
http://www.twitch.tv/invi_tv

FadedSpark
04.29.2012 , 02:05 AM | #64
Quote: Originally Posted by kiwoo View Post
Thats what we did. just focused on one tanks boss. Toth when he was tnaking Toth, then to Zorn when they switched.

With the positioning and boss switching locked down it actually is a pretty easy fight.

Be interesting to see what the OP says about the second boss fight^^
MELEE OFF TANKING! Only issue we had was a lag spike causing both of us to completely miss the balls o' doom (We had been flawless up until) causing our Shadow to get dropped instantly. No time for him to even pop defensives once the lagg cleared up.

I told the other sentinel to IMMEDIATELY drop threat, uber'd to pick up aggro, and busted out both my DC's and kept guarded for a last minute save my ***.

Totally worked.

Dropped stormcaller first (They do NOT auto enrage when you do this, fun fact if you didn't know) because the melee dps were totally OTB (I was about 1400 that fight, other guy was probably 1200ish? ) and we basically all stacked on firebrand, dropped alternating AOE heals through the next missile phase while our ranged and healers stayed shielded and just chilled with the ads. INCREDIBLY easy to heal through once the lightning shields are out of the way.

That was fun.
FadedSpark - 31/1/9
Galactic Energy Corps - Officer | Sith Meditation Sphere

WillHolmes
04.29.2012 , 02:25 AM | #65
The best way to get this fight down pat is someone is gunna have to run around and get a few dimensions of the battlefield and then just plot out the best spots and boom becomes much easier.

TheRealCandyMan
05.05.2012 , 08:29 AM | #66
I haven't read the entire thread but thought I'd asl this anyway, has any ranged ever had a problem where they are getting fearful even though they are >25 meters away? I was sitting at 29.5m last night and only a few times did it happen but it was frustrating. One of the times the icon for fearful didn't even show up
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy