Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zorn and Toth - is it meant to be such a frickle fight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Zorn and Toth - is it meant to be such a frickle fight?

TheVoidStalker
04.23.2012 , 04:58 PM | #21
You're reply doesn't even say which boss you need to be 25-30 from and when. Those are are specifics this thread is lacking.

Alexbeav
04.23.2012 , 06:04 PM | #22
My guild's problem on 16-man HM was that when we downed Toth and had about 3% on Zorn, he one-shotted the entire raid. No enrage, no nothing. He literally wiped EVERYTHING with 24k HP left. I know the soft enrage, but this happened not 15" after Toth died. Is this supposed to be happening ?
Mature PvE Guild - Frostclaw EU

Arzoo
04.23.2012 , 08:50 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by TheVoidStalker View Post
You're reply doesn't even say which boss you need to be 25-30 from and when. Those are are specifics this thread is lacking.
All of them. At all times.

bigheadbrandon
04.24.2012 , 03:00 AM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Dee-Jay View Post

It felt like we were trying to navigate a mine-field rather than fighting a boss.

I really love this description of the fight. It's so true.

xenofire
04.24.2012 , 03:57 AM | #25
To clear up a few confusions..

1) This is not a gear check. One of our healers was mostly columi as well as two of our DPS in 16 man, and we still beat the enrage timer by over 20 seconds. If "gear" seems to be the issue at all, I'd counter first with your positioning is probably wrong, and if that's not the case then it's a skill issue.
2) Your dps should never have to move. If done right, your melee have to stop for the jump and wait for the boss to come back, and your range only have to move for giant red circles in sonic pulse phase. Rest of the fight is stationary for everyone but tanks.
3) The fearful debuff is not random. Our range never get it unless they make a mistake. "I somehow got the debuff" is a poor excuse, it means you were in the wrong place. With proper positioning you can DPS the whole time without fear of getting the debuff ever.
4) When toth dies, soon thereafter Zorn gives a huge screech that hits everyone for 15-18k who are within 30 yards. If you live through this he's harmless until hard enrage or til about 15 seconds later when he screeches again. When you kill zorn first, Toth starts pounding the ground over and over again gradually doing damage to the raid til he dies or they die. It's pick your poison. If your whole raid is topped off, then kill Toth first and deal with Zorns screech.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM

Alexbeav
04.24.2012 , 04:37 AM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by xenofire View Post
Our dps should never have to move. If done right, your melee have to stop for the jump and wait for the boss to come back
On Hard Mode, the Melee *may* have to stop at 71-72% until the rock hits Toth and dispels his enrage.
Mature PvE Guild - Frostclaw EU

DaddyLongLeg
04.24.2012 , 06:56 AM | #27
To clear up a few confusions..

1) This is not a gear check.
[...]
4) When toth dies, soon thereafter Zorn gives a huge screech that hits everyone for 15-18k who are within 30 yards.
I find the above statement a tad bit contradictory... My Seer in Columni gear has about 17k hp.

I'm in a fairly casual guild with a decent group of 8-9 players doing ops. We had no trouble clearing SM EV, and KP. We didn't bother to farm HM because we were all getting rather bored with the old ops, so when 1.2 came out, we were eager to try it out. Gear-wise, all of us have columni, some still have the odd tionese-piece, and a few lucky ones, have 1-2 rakata-pieces.

Our best try is a wipe at 8% so far. And although I do think we can take this down with proper execution, I truly feel this encounter is a bit over-tuned. I bet it's easy if the whole ops is decked out in Rakata / BiS but coming directly from the story mode T1, there is certainly not much room for error. Compared to what EV and KP was like when we first tried that, this is a totally different game.

As one of my raiding buddies stated after us failing: "Welcome, gear checkers - You failed".

Rabix
04.24.2012 , 09:36 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by DaddyLongLeg View Post
Compared to what EV and KP was like when we first tried that, this is a totally different game.
It's supposed to be... it's the next tier of content, and by your own admission, you havent cleared the last tier .

TheVoidStalker
04.24.2012 , 09:54 AM | #29
3) The fearful debuff is not random. Our range never get it unless they make a mistake. "I somehow got the debuff" is a poor excuse, it means you were in the wrong place. With proper positioning you can DPS the whole time without fear of getting the debuff ever.
What do you consider "proper positioning"?

FinalHeavenZero
04.24.2012 , 10:08 AM | #30
on normal its a fun fight, very good gear/skill check
if you die its most likely your fault

but on HM, its very finicky, if you are even say just 2m off position then you are screwed. Very random especially on tank swaps.
Quote: Originally Posted by DanielErickson @ E3 2011 View Post
We were gonna talk about the release date but Stephen [Reid] thought it would be funnier not to.