Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Zorn and Toth - is it meant to be such a frickle fight?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Zorn and Toth - is it meant to be such a frickle fight?

Dee-Jay
04.21.2012 , 07:25 AM | #1
So last raid me and my buddies spent an entire 3 hours of wiping on Zorn and Toth. We had a vague idea of what to expect but didn't check out all the details in advance.

Throughout the raid it seemed 90% of the time was spent discussing various positioning ala "You must stand 25m from X but over 30m from Y at all times", "Tank A please move 2m to the left", "healer you're too close to the boss", "ZOMG tank is out of range" etc. etc.

It felt like we were trying to navigate a mine-field rather than fighting a boss.

Now I may be wrong but something tells me that can't be right. I know position etc. can be important but is it really THAT important in this stupid fight? Is it really that big of a deal exactly how far away from a boss someone is?

We run with 2 melees, 2 ranged DPS, 2 tanks and 2 healers. Any pointers would be helpful because even after watching videos and reading guides, the boss seems entirely stupid.

kiwoo
04.21.2012 , 07:53 AM | #2
Found it a really fun fight overall. Melee dps didnt as much:P

How we killed. Was 2 tanks pull a boss to their respective sides at the wide part of the canyon. When they move ( the bosses) tanks switch bosses. The switch over is important and needs to be pulled off pretty fast to save 1 tank getting mega hit.

DPS focus on one tanks target during thefight, so the damage betweem both bosses will stay around equal.

DONT focus 1 boss, Focus one tanks target, irregardless which one they are tanking.

Rest of the group stays in the middle. and of course move from the red circle^^

Send me a PM if anythings not clear.

Jokingly
04.21.2012 , 09:19 AM | #3
Mine field. I get it.

Anyway, I think you are over analyzing it. Range should be at max range. This is true on many fights. They can't be tanked next to each other. This is a unique mechanic for this fight. That's all of the positioning required which doesn't seem any more "frickle" than, say, Karagga.

Your tank didn't need to move "2m to the right" he needed to move away from the other boss. If he moved 50m away he'd probably be out of healing range, which is always bad.

Make sure your tanks don't aoe taunt both bosses, if you run a sniper he should be on the right side to bubble rocks, and with 2 melee dps I'd split them up as they will be more taxing on healers. Otherwise it's just clean swaps and not standing in red circles.

Dee-Jay
04.21.2012 , 09:25 AM | #4
It can't be that simple,

we wasted 18 tries and must have talked ~30 minutes about positioning.

I'm pretty sure there's more to the fight than simply "tankswap" and "avoid red circles" because even in the better tries our healers were "ooming" at roughly ~30%.

TheRealCandyMan
04.21.2012 , 09:32 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by Dee-Jay View Post
It can't be that simple,

I'm pretty sure there's more to the fight than simply "tankswap" and "avoid red circles".
In story mode? No there isn't. In story mode everyone but the tanks can literally stand still and DPS/heal until the red circles appear on the ground.
Member of SuckaFish
Roovin - SniperOhmygerd - PT Ciphas - Marauder Frodo'swaggins - Juggernaut

The Hashtagyolo Legacy

alifaraaz
04.21.2012 , 09:50 AM | #6
Watch a few videos from different class perspectives, it will help a lot. And if people arn't sure if they're close etc or far enough etc, use the range indicator when you target an enemy, next to their name and hp etc.

pure_laced
04.21.2012 , 11:57 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Dee-Jay View Post
It can't be that simple,

I'm pretty sure there's more to the fight than simply "tankswap" and "avoid red circles" because even in the better tries our healers were "ooming" at roughly ~30%.
In story mode, it is that simple. You can down it by ignoring almost all the mechanics in story mode depending on gear level.

Put Toth at the gate to next area, put Zorn at the two trees on the left. Position groups accordingly so only the healer and tank gets fearful. 90% leap/fearful happens. 80% other mechanics, 70% leap/fearful, rinse/repeat.

Only the tanks and healers need to switch when fearful comes out because the rest of the raid will not get it. Simple.
Cali Killed Nox
Genshen 50: Powertech | Guardian | Assassin | Sniper | Sage
Guild Website | Stream | Twitter

Ceades_End_Game
04.21.2012 , 03:13 PM | #8
Umm story mode is hard? We didn't even tank swap on either mode. I tanked the fearless boss on my assassin the whole time.

Silberfalke
04.22.2012 , 01:20 AM | #9
I think you have a few issues, if the healers are oom at 30% of the bossfight.

People have to move out of the circles. After the healer-nerf, it`s not as easy, as it used to be.
And you should prepare the raid with videoguides atleast, if you don`t wont to wipe a few hours learning the fight.

Here is one, for example:
http://swttor.blogspot.com/2012/03/s...-zorn-and.html
Love is the greatest power in the universe.

xenofire
04.22.2012 , 02:04 AM | #10
If you get the positioning down the rest of the fight is easy, even on hard mode. Just stand in the right places.
Guildmaster of The Remnant on The Harbinger
#4 World | #2 US | EC16 HM