Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is Bloodthirst/Inspiration required for successful raiding?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Is Bloodthirst/Inspiration required for successful raiding?

Areaz
04.21.2012 , 09:43 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by ViperI View Post
This. This buff is a nice perk for a class that would otherwise probably be left out of most ops groups in favor of ranged DPS if the guild has enough people to pick and choose the most optimal setup.

If things are so tight that inspiration is literally the deciding factor between winning and losing, you're just undergeared for the fight. Gear up better so that your entire raid DPS is doing more base damage and you won't need inspiration.
... Everyone who says that the only reason to bring them is for the buff is wrong. A well played Marauder blows everyone else out of the whatever as far as DPS is concerned. It's not even a contest. Sure, if your DPS can't handle moving out of colored circles then yeah, bring all ranged, but if you have a competent team and 3 or 4 good Marauders, your RW DPS goes through the roof.
Myk, Mercenary of Rapture
A 16 man Hard/Nightmare Operations Guild on The Shadowlands
http://www.rapture-guild.org

Darthmufasor
04.21.2012 , 09:59 PM | #22
Our raid composition:

Allen - Commando DPS
Likeaboss - Shadow DPS
Murda - Sage Healer
Nevets - Vanguard Tank
Simple - Sage Healer
Sylvand - Commando DPS
Terric - Gunslinger DPS

HM kills:

Toth and Zorn

Firebrand and Stormcaller

ViperI
04.21.2012 , 10:09 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Areaz View Post
... Everyone who says that the only reason to bring them is for the buff is wrong. A well played Marauder blows everyone else out of the whatever as far as DPS is concerned. It's not even a contest. Sure, if your DPS can't handle moving out of colored circles then yeah, bring all ranged, but if you have a competent team and 3 or 4 good Marauders, your RW DPS goes through the roof.
Only if your melee dps is way overgeared for the encounter. The fact is, when melee has to dodge an AOE, they usually have to stop attacking to do so. When ranged has to dodge an AOE, they can keep on going with virtually no downtime.
Viper 1
Frozen In Carbonite

KenseiMahou
04.21.2012 , 10:31 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by ViperI View Post
Only if your melee dps is way overgeared for the encounter. The fact is, when melee has to dodge an AOE, they usually have to stop attacking to do so. When ranged has to dodge an AOE, they can keep on going with virtually no downtime.
Do Gunnery spec Commandos or Sharpshooter Gunslingers not ring a bell?

Also haha, Sentinels really slow down while moving all the time. Or not.
I have one of every class and play them all. I give up on this class signature thing.

pureeffinmetal
04.22.2012 , 01:27 AM | #25
Bloodthirst/Inspiration is not required for raiding, but its nice.

And if you're only bringing Marauders/Sentinels for Bloodthirst, you're missing something - they are the best dps class in game atm.

Dark_Hazard
04.22.2012 , 01:42 AM | #26
No, it's perfectly fine. We already have a disadvantage in being melee... I sense crybaby
Level 55 Jedi sentinel - Aylon
Server : The Bastion
Guild: Hakuna Rakata

Ulrak
04.22.2012 , 03:26 AM | #27
Erm to be blunt, NO.
If you want to have the bloodthirst buff then take the class that provides that buff or do without it.

And if there's any chance of other classes getting bloodthirst, I'll want several things in return and I do mean several.

Maybe just keep dumbing down classes until we can roll everything with just bounty hunters.

Rating choice for thread and idea. 1 terrible.
Ulrak Trollheim fighter pilot ace Sith marauder
AESIRS BLADE []/\/\/\[] []\/\/\/[] AESIRS BLADE

drunknurse
04.22.2012 , 05:54 AM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Jokingly View Post
This buff is literally the only reason to bring the class to a raid. While you are attempting to offer solutions to make groups more diverse I fear that in doing so you will actually limit the viability of this class, making groups more streamlined.

If you give bloodthirst to a sniper, for example, groups would be encouraged to double up on snipers and forgo marauders completely. Melee dps is naturally handicapped by splash damage mechanics; they need something to make them PvE viable.
Marauders are a top DPS class...
Feistykangaroo
<Midnight Reveries>

Master Zhar Lestin - US PVE

Aethyriel
04.22.2012 , 06:55 AM | #29
No, it's not required, it's a nice little boost on some burn phases but nothing that makes or breaks an encounter. I can see how having Marauders as your melees currently stacking them in one grp would be better overall then any other meleeclass though and agree with OP that it should put a debuff similar to combatrez on affected targets and possibly even given to another class (would also vote for Agents AC.)

For some people talking about general classbuffs; Since Legacy came out this srsly isn't an issue anymore. In my raid there is exactly 1 person that buffs and then we have all the buffs you could possibly have. I'm also quite happy about that change, we searched forever and ever for a good agent for the 5% crit buff before 1.2.

skippyjosh
07.09.2012 , 08:27 PM | #30
Quote: Originally Posted by Jokingly View Post
This buff is literally the only reason to bring the class to a raid. While you are attempting to offer solutions to make groups more diverse I fear that in doing so you will actually limit the viability of this class, making groups more streamlined.

If you give bloodthirst to a sniper, for example, groups would be encouraged to double up on snipers and forgo marauders completely. Melee dps is naturally handicapped by splash damage mechanics; they need something to make them PvE viable.
With all do respect, this is the dumbest thing I've ever heard about this class.
Firstly, this class is argueable the highest dps of all classes, and with there massive DoTs, they continuously do a large amount of damage even while running around.
Second, I've seen even undergeared sentinals out dps more geared classes.
Third, They leap to quickly renter combat, and with there defensive abilities, they can sustain alot more damage then everyone but offtanks. Time and time again i've watched them tank enranged bosses with CD's for almost 10 seconds. No other class can do that. Smart ones will spec to take less damage and faster interupts also.
Lastly, they heal themselves for a massive amount of life. Which negates many of the AoE boss abilities. They can quickly heal themselves back up to full.
They are probably the most overpowered class, between all the defensive CD's on short timers, healing, High DoT damage, and a raid wide buff. What more can you ask for. And i've watched ours have no issues dpsing Zorn in HM denova. Which everyone knows, groups hate melee for that fight.