Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Error Code: C5

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Chetnik
04.21.2012 , 12:06 AM | #1
So, I turned off my computer earlier today to go eat, and when I came back to play swtor, I get this error. I've run the repair tool multiple times, updated my drivers, made sure I had newest versions of everything (not that it should matter as I was JUST able to play not even 4 hours ago). Nothing seems to work. So, I took my DXDiag information and am now posting it here. Help please!
Spoiler
За очување наше плавог и чистог света!

Beruthien
04.21.2012 , 01:12 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Chetnik,

Based on your Dxdiag we would recommend running the Windows update and installing Service pack 1 and the available optional updates.

The most important of these optional updates would be the .NET framework and C++ distributable updates.

Also you could run the FixLauncher as this might resolve the issue as well (FixLauncher can be found in the game installation folder).

Please come back to us if the issue remains.

I hope this helps!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

Chetnik
04.21.2012 , 03:01 AM | #3
Ran windows update and updated EVERYTHING. Came back to swtor, ran fixlauncher.exe, tried to log in, c5 error. Ran repair tool, tried to log in, c5 error. Should I delete the game completely and reinstall? I think it's worth noting that everytime I run the repair tool, there's ALWAYS 66 files that need to be repaired. No matter how many times I run it. Maybe it's not actually repairing them properly?

New DxDiag:
Spoiler

Chetnik
04.21.2012 , 03:01 AM | #4
I couldn't fit the launcher log in the previous file, so here it is:

Spoiler

Beruthien
04.21.2012 , 03:08 AM | #5 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Chetnik,

Uninstalling the game would be a last resort. The fact that the repair tool always finds 66 files to repair does indicate some issue with repairing the files.

Could you please try running chkdsk and Memtest86+ to check if any errors are found? The instructions for both of these are below in the Spoiler.

Spoiler

Thank you in advance!
Beruthien| BioWare Customer Service – Forum Support

BodarkBR
04.21.2012 , 12:12 PM | #6
I had the same problem, so I repair the game, he repair a single file and the game worked.

Robbinns
07.28.2012 , 01:32 PM | #7
i also got this issue. and i've searched google and tried that game_setting.ini thing.
when i press play, all i got into was the splash screen and then the program quits itself.

Spoiler

p.s : can i change my client to 64bit version if available?

TimelessX
02.24.2013 , 01:33 PM | #8
Ive been getting this since this morning as well, im given an error box quoting C5 and asking me to contact customer service.

So duly I did as requested and called CS who's response and I quote 'Please call back in an hour, were unable to deal with your query right now' I should also note that this was an agent and not a recorded message. She also went on to say that I could contact you via the website/forums, which at the time were down along with the rest of your service(Why didnt she know this?).

I have to say on the CS front this is not the first time and certainly wont be the last that when the **** hits the fan BioWare/EA shuts off all contact with the outside world, not even updating their social media to inform PAYING SUBSCRIBERS of known service issues. This is simply unacceptable.

Back to the issue;
I have run the client repair utility 7-8 times to no avail, I have also tried deleting the localareacache as recommended in a previous post quoting the same error from April 2012.

This bug has only manifested itself this morning and otherwise the client has performed as expected for the last year+.

In addition, when the game actually goes through the first launch splash screen I find that my resolution/game windows settings have been changed(not by my doing) before crashing and quoting the C5 Error.

BioWare, please give us an official release as to why this error has resurfaced today, surely if the same fault is manifesting on multiple machines this should be addressed as a matter of priority?

DxDiag
Spoiler