Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

(VIDEO) the same "mirror blocks" environment with Intel Integrated

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
(VIDEO) the same "mirror blocks" environment with Intel Integrated
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OneArmedCMachine
12.17.2011 , 01:53 PM | #21
im having the same problem
and have the Intel R Graphics Media Accelerator HD

i've been able to play WoW, battlegrounds and huge raids with absolutely no problems
this computer is a year old and for me to not be able to play this game for a reason like this is disgusting to me.
lol it has to at least be fixable

OneArmedCMachine
12.17.2011 , 01:55 PM | #22
also i've tried reinstalling swtor, uninstalling and reinstalling my driver even
ive gone so far as to find all updates and do everything with this driver i find humanly possible.
i have no clue

necroseshaithar
12.17.2011 , 02:01 PM | #23
same issue here i hit play or if im lucky see the intro cut scene i have the same Intel video but i find it hard to imagine with an Intel5 3 Ghz onboard i cant run this game when skyrim runs fine.. We are at a loss here and me personally am starting to lose faith in Bioware we have recieved very little help and i havent been able to play since thursday night. I played till lvl 10 that evening then my pc blew up ( A pc i might add was way past its sell by date yet it ran OK)later friday morning. I bought a brand new PC and installed the game from disc and i get nothing 3x installs neurotically checking updates and drivers i have already updated. we need answers!

Euden
12.17.2011 , 02:31 PM | #24
This is strange as I have intel HD with no issues what so ever.and im on laptop. nice fps and good performance with high graphics. Check your drivers!

DawnShade
12.17.2011 , 02:36 PM | #25
My driver isnt upto date, however I am unable to download the most recent one because it hasn't been approved by my manufacturer - Acer

Aemo
12.17.2011 , 04:19 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Euden View Post
This is strange as I have intel HD with no issues what so ever.and im on laptop. nice fps and good performance with high graphics. Check your drivers!
What brand is ur laptop?

Frozen_Danks
12.17.2011 , 06:14 PM | #27
bump!

BW plz respond
Support Galactic Senate Proposition A4756FB2- 19. Legalize Spice!

Outer Rim 4 Life

Maverickroll
12.17.2011 , 07:27 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Frozen_Danks View Post
are we really s.o.l. and have to get a new computer? I've heard that some people have had success in fixing this problem, but how?! my computer is only a year-and-a-half old and I refuse to believe it can't support this game.

BW plz respond.
I'm currently using an Intel 4500 GMA, and the game runs but a very low frame rate. Even with all the settings on low, editing the .ini files and keeping the game in a super tiny resolution (800 x 600), the frame rate is low. Mainly in out door areas that are huge and large indoor areas. There seems to really be no way to control draw distance even editing the ini's.

While integrated cards are not intended for gaming, some of them do meet the Minimum Requirement. Now I don't expect eye candy and omg frame rates but when you meet minimums you shouldn't be getting single digit fps in pvp.

Also there's still that unexplained two swtor.exe's sitting in your task manager, and they both eat tons of cpu / ram. No dev has responded to this on the forums and there's no way to turn off the second exe because if you kill either of them it closes Swtor

It's "playable" but not by much.

kodyskillz
12.17.2011 , 07:59 PM | #29
too many people have this problem for ALL of our cards to be ****ed up.

I too am using a laptop which works fine on every other game, so my on conclusion is this game is ****ed and someone should fix it...because it's very disappointing
True Story.

Frozen_Danks
12.17.2011 , 10:41 PM | #30
bump!!

PLZ BW i know it's the weekend but c'mon you've had MONTHS to prepare for this
Support Galactic Senate Proposition A4756FB2- 19. Legalize Spice!

Outer Rim 4 Life