Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Why non-stop alt leveling will fail.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Why non-stop alt leveling will fail.

GalacticKegger
04.20.2012 , 11:55 PM | #11
Uh ... non-stop alt leveling is a personal play style choice. If it is fail, it is because the player chose it to be.
Can we please just have our pre-KotFE SWTOR MMORPG back?

Hyfy
04.20.2012 , 11:56 PM | #12
Man I must be Biowares perfect customer then, because I am all about getting multiple toons leveled up at the same time. Not to mention across a plethora of servers. Second, you are naming casual players as those who can play approx 3-4 hours a night? That is more of a standard players playtime schedule. Casual players may get anywhere between less than an hour to maybe two most nights of the week however that can still be considerably less.
US. ARMY Military Police Corps

Sarcasm, a body's natural defense against stupid

TheLightningLord
04.20.2012 , 11:56 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by ConradLionhart View Post
Assuming your own personal experience can even be taken seriously as proof, you really think WoW has 10 million people playing now?

Your post is moot. OF COURSE there are not 1.7 million people playing everyday.
Who's talking about WoW? I certainly never said anything about that game. Why is it that people defending this game always feel the need to bring WoW into the argument? Is it because this game can't stand against criticism on its own?

All I know is that a handful of servers with a good population and dozens of deserted wastelands doesn't bode well for any game. Bioware's continued incompetence only adds to the problem.

DieAlteHexe
04.20.2012 , 11:56 PM | #14
Funny how, in this crazy ol' world, not everyone is the same!

Alt-aholic, and have a blast. That someone can't understand that I enjoy it is, well, their problem, not mine. I am glad that BW has created a game where my alt-itis is a whole lot of fun (for me of course).
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

Doamy
04.21.2012 , 12:07 AM | #15
-Post content removed-

mordredz
04.21.2012 , 12:27 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Doamy View Post
Can anyone explain to me how playing a different play-style through the same 90% of story for 10% class story is fun?

I leveled a sage, doing All but bonus series, listening to all conversations. I made a gunslinger alt pretty much while I waited for people to catch up, and by the time I got through Coruscant I had lost all interest in anything any of the quest givers were saying because I had heard it before and pvp + class story only leveled the toon.
I enjoyed the various class stories, diffrent play styles to each class, on quite a few alts, to each there own, simple common sense....

Ziljin
04.21.2012 , 12:35 AM | #17
Can anyone explain to me how playing a different play-style through the same 90% of story for 10% class story is fun?

I leveled a sage, doing All but bonus series, listening to all conversations. I made a gunslinger alt pretty much while I waited for people to catch up, and by the time I got through Coruscant I had lost all interest in anything any of the quest givers were saying because I had heard it before and pvp + class story only leveled the toon.
I can explain. You assume everyone is like you. This will never be the case. It's most likely you are a young man or woman just starting out in the world and have yet to experience other people around you who do not share the same beliefs as you. This is ok. I used to be like that in my teenage years.

As you grow older, your life experiences will help you understand that everyone has different interests other than yours. It's quite shocking at first because you honestly believe that your way is the only way cause that's the most fun. But that's fun for you, maybe not for someone else.

For example, some people like to rollerblade. I can't stand it. Am I wrong? Are they wrong? There's no wrong answer. We are all built differently. One day you will "get it". Today is most likely not that day.

DieAlteHexe
04.21.2012 , 12:37 AM | #18

SmartArse Answer: Because they aren't you. Serious answer in two parts:

1. I found that all the quests do NOT give the same choices and there are variances based on class and, I s'pose, light/dark.

2. Kind of covered in SmartArse answer but some of us enjoy the game as it is, complete with some repeat. I get that others find this nearly incomprehensible but, and I mean this in a non-snarky way, that's their problem.

Well, then, I guess this isn't for you. I've found differences which actually surprised me as I expected it to always be as you assert in doing various planet quest series. I got different choices and was able to make different responses between my sage and my 'slinger.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

JeramieCrowe
04.21.2012 , 12:44 AM | #19
Non-stop? Whoever said it's non-stop? Once I'm done with all 8 storylines, I'm done with alt-rolling. See? There is an end. It will stop.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight

JeramieCrowe
04.21.2012 , 12:48 AM | #20

Because it's FUN! I've played KoTOR 12 times, KotOR2 8 times, Mass Effect 4 times, and Mass Effect 2 3 times. All 100% the same.

What?! You mean to tell me I can replay, but 35%* is unique? And if I roll my second character as the opposite faction, then NOT A SINGLE SHRED OF CONTENT IS REPEATED?! Sign me up!!

*The curve actually is closer to about 32-ish%. The game starts out at 60% unique class content, then slowly ramps down to 10% at endgame.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight