Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Tanking: A Primer

Willmatic
12.13.2011 , 09:03 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by Gankstah View Post
I would suggest all 3. = )

Seriously, I keep from making those kinds of comments in this thread to ensure that I remain impartial for obvious reasons. Besides, the only tank that I have extensive experience with in PvP is a Jugg so my point of view would be skewed to begin with.
Word, thanks a bunch.

Roccarrem
12.13.2011 , 09:55 AM | #12
Thanks for reposting since the server wipe. I forsee myself referring back here often.
Heroes are remembered, but legends never die.

Hlago
12.13.2011 , 12:33 PM | #13
An excellent primer. I'm glad to see it back up on the release forums.

BTW, when i clicked flag it specifically states on the next page, in the "Note" below, that it is to be used only for the purposes of reporting an inappropriate post... or words to that effect. So, I didn't use the flag option but I do wish there was an easy like or sticky button up there to request a sticky or such.

Nanock_
12.13.2011 , 02:09 PM | #14
Same here... it says flag only to report bad posts. So I'll hold off.

However, I'll rate this post an excellent 5 stars, in the hope that our Tank brothers (and even non-Tanks) read this to better understand the current tank situation.

The Dark Helmets
Corellian Run-Empire / Dedicated Operations / Adults Only

http://thedarkhelmets.enjin.com/

Truuth
12.13.2011 , 03:44 PM | #15
very nice and informitive post. I will be looking back on it often as I learn Sith juggernaut.

Hyborith
12.13.2011 , 03:51 PM | #16
As Tank add a rule called "Hug the Healer" i dont mean stand next to the healer as tank but i mean /hug your healer, assides some of them may be lassies who hug you back.

and thats when the dps /facepalm and vomit.

tenfold for sith
I am the Villain. The bearer of scars. i am hated for what i am and because of that i see the ignorance in humanity. my darkness is my choice. For the Greater good

Ayth
12.13.2011 , 10:22 PM | #17
Good read!

Laughing_Wolf
12.14.2011 , 12:40 AM | #18
Tank you for reposting this so quickly.

(And to all the minds that went into it.)

Lucubration
12.14.2011 , 02:12 AM | #19
Gankstah,

Thanks for posting this resource; it's only generally useful information if it's also generally accessible, so you're performing a valuable service by helping to disseminate it.

I'm a little confused about why the Mod bonus is described as being additive but the Modulator bonus is added directly to the base stat calculation. From what I've seen, they both just give Rating bonuses (for example +41 Defense Rating versus +34 Defense Rating, I think it was), so wouldn't you get the same results if you treated both as just modifiers in the base stat calculations instead of treating the Mods as a special case? Or is that just for convenience?

Thanks again.

Regards,
Lucubration

Prolixity
12.14.2011 , 03:23 AM | #20
I'm very glad to see this guide back too! Much appreciation goes out to the author and all contributors.

I'm enamored by the playstyle of the BH Powertech tank. I think I will be trying that one first. What are we nicknaming that spec, "Powertank"?

I would also love to try a Tankassin sometime too. However, Powertank will probably be better for me to start with since they have higher mitigation overall. I'll worry about becoming pro with a Tankassin after I'm sure I can deck one out in avoidance-oriented gear.

Oddly enough I'm just not super excited by the idea of playing a Jugg. No offense intended to anyone though. As long as you're out there trying to tank, you're aces in my book