Official Q&A Thread for April 27th, 2012 Q&A Blog Post

JovethGonzalez

Hello and welcome to the official Q&A thread for questions to be answered for the April 27th, 2012 Q&A blog post.

As a reminder, we’ll be starting up a weekly Q&A blog series in which we will select ten questions from the community and post answers to them every Friday. We’ll have the next set of answers next week on May 1st, 2012, but before that, we need your questions!

Please use this thread to ask your question (one per community member, so make it count!). On Tuesday at 2PM CST (8PM BST/9PM CEST/5AM AEST), we will close this thread, select ten questions, and get answers to them for Friday’s blog post.

In order to increase the chances of having your specific question answered and to help us keep the thread manageable, here are some guidelines on asking questions:

1. Keep your question relatively short. Background details are welcome, but don’t go overboard.
  2. Please actually ask a question. We want to hear constructive feedback elsewhere in the Forums.
  3. Use common sense – we cannot answer everything, especially on far-reaching content.
  4. This should go without saying, but be respectful.
  5. Limit yourself to one question in this thread, please. You can always ask another question next week!
  6. And finally, as a reminder, this is not a discussion thread. Do not comment about what somebody else has posted.

Any other posts apart from questions in the thread will be removed. With that being said, please ask away!

• Replies 445
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For each base class, both of its advanced classes share a skill tree. Prerelease, these shared trees were identical. Now, there are differences. Why was this done? Specifically, why did it remove lightsaber skills from the Sorcerer and Sage advanced classes?

As a Guardian defense speced tank I do not currently see a reason to put a point in Command. Can you give more insight to the choice of removing the reduced cool-down time for challenging call? As well as the roll of a reduced force-push as a defense spec guardian?

Thank you.

Edited by Dragonexadon

Can we get any more information on how transfers are going to work for players on low population servers? Will they be free? Any timeline on when they will be available? Is there anything else in the works to help players that are stuck on low population servers do multiplayer content?

Hello,

my question is a simple topic that has been highly discussed, debated, and differently opinionated.

The 1.2 Patch update trailer stated there were going to be many more lightsaber colors. With the patch coming out those who are newer players never had the chance to gain a White crystal, and the new various color crystals that are able to be obtained through ranked Warzone are limited to around 3-4 and not a high selection of "Colors."

What is the plan for giving players more choice in colors for their primary force weapons? Is there any chance there could ever be a crystal that after gaining enough Ranked Warzone, doing a quest link, paying 3 mil credits, and Gaining schematics could be a crystal that the player can select the exact color that they want their weapon's crystal to be from a advanced massive Color Palette chart ect?

So many force wielders are bored of the lack of customization of appearances in there weapons. There definitely isn't lack in character customization, what about lighters?

Here are several questions and thank you SO MUCH!

SWTOR FTW

In the Legacy tree there's a 'Coming Soon' section which contains the 'Field Respec' ability, enabling players who unlock it to reset their talent points in the field. Will this be your design approach/solution to dual-spec or can we expect the ability to actually save 2 different set of builds and flip between them?

Any chance on allowing companions to show in the Operation frame? As a healer, I do a lot of questing with a friend, and I'm unable to replace Party Frames with the Operations Frame since we can't see our party member's companions with this option turned on. Edited by Zannis

Are there any plans to change, replace or otherwise improve the Legacy ability Rocket Boost?

As it stands currently this was an epicly dissapointing waste of 2 million credits. And then the two upgrades cost 1m and 1.5m each. I was lead to believe that it would function similar to Force Speed, but that all classes could use it. But only after buying it do you discover that it's classified as a vehicle, and so only usable in vehicle permitted areas. But if I am in one of those areas, I am just going to pull out a vehicle.

As it stands currently Rocket Boost is only useful for those first couple days it takes you to level up to 25. And come 1.3 we will gain the ability to use vehicles as early as level 10, making Rocket Boost even less useful.

So are there any plans to do something about this horribly overpriced legacy ability? It either needs to be usable everywhere, or it needs to be replaced with something more practical. How about changing it into a vehicle speed increase? Hit it while driving to add 100% more movement speed to your vehicle for 12 seconds.

This is form this week Q&A:

DarthBloodloss: Why doesn't ranked War Hero armor (or the new tier of PvE armor) have augment slots?

Georg Zoeller (Principal Lead Combat Designer): It is possible to obtain ranked War Hero appearance with augment slots from crafters on the GTN. The schematics for the those items can be found on the PvP vendor and a critical success while crafting them will result, as with other armor, in an additional augment slot.

It is also worth noting that we will be adding a way to add an augment slots to existing modifiable armor in a future game update.

What you guys did with crafting in 1.2 is really good in my opinion but if you add a feature like this dont you think its gonna kill crafting?

The Rakghoul event is terrific; I've always liked those types of things. I am assuming there'll be more of the one-the-spot, one-time-only events like the rakghoul event. but what are the plans on getting these out (every major content patch? monthly? trimonthly?) and are there any annual events you have definitely planned? And would there be any type of spontaneous event to do on a lesser scale than rakghoul that would be more common? Like a weekly bounty board to kill a special type of mob on a planet that can aware a random-grab goodie from anything in game?

I'm trying to upgrade to War Hero gear but the pieces I want do not match the Battle Master pieces I have. To get the War Hero pieces I think I would benefit from the most, I have to buy an additional 6 Battlemaster pieces even though I have a full Battle Master set already. Are there any plans to make the trade-in less restrictive, like how rakata tokens are traded for gear?

Are there any plans for more massive scale, or varied, pvp in the future? Maybe something akin to guilds (or groups of Imperials versus Republic) taking and holding bases while others attempt to seize them? Warzones are nice, but they are starting to get repetitive.

I'm not sure if this question has already been covered, with 1.2 the pre 1.2 armors will retain the bonus on the shell rather than have it on the armorings.

If I chose to keep this armor shell & install new mods into it from later content will there be a conflict with the set-piece bonuses from the new mods with the old shell or has that been accounted for in some way?

Do you plan for remodding price to scale the way it does now? Currently, it costs 45k credits to remove a single mod from campaign gear. I can understand the desire to somewhat keep the economy in check but if this design continues, in 2 patches it will be impossible to afford remodding the gear without doing every single daily there is or having massive luck with dropping rare items that sell for a lot of money.

So again, will the price for removing the mods continue to scale like it currently does or are there plans to change the formula?

The vendors inside of a warzone are no longer able to be accessed., yes i know this was implemented on 1.2 but why.

Why have those vendors been locked out from use, they are still in the warzone and if i am questing on other planets and get close to the limit of commendations or run low on consumables i have to go back to the fleet station to get them again.

As far as guild mechanics go, is there any plans to allow guild members to see other guild members on the map without having to group? To expand on this it would also be great to have formal alliances with other guilds and maybe they could show online and also on the map in a different color... Is there any development in this area?