Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Community Q&A April 20th 2012 Blog Discussion

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Community Q&A April 20th 2012 Blog Discussion
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

JovethGonzalez
04.20.2012 , 03:23 PM | #1 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Discuss this week's Community Q&A blog in this thread!

Jmerrill
04.20.2012 , 03:54 PM | #2
Any word on balancing Commando's/Merc's against melee classes. Lots of rageing going on in the PvP/Suggestion Forums about it.
50 Commando Crusher
50 Shadow Linxer

http://shardsofalderaan.com/

Evilsteps
04.20.2012 , 04:00 PM | #3
I was hoping for some questions or answers that dealt with the current PvP state. Guess not...

Vicelord
04.20.2012 , 04:05 PM | #4
The questions addressed very little of the issues being discussed on the boards and were somewhat non-important. Disappointed.

Felioats
04.20.2012 , 04:06 PM | #5
Quote:
Keldain: Love the stuff for 1.2! I think you guys are doing a great job on addressing the issues of the community. Just one thing I would really like an update on: is there any movement on getting an option to toggle hoods on and off?

Pierre-olivier: Will it be possible to create a guild uniform or get a distinctive sign. I mean other than the name displayed above the character?

TheCritter: If I delete a character with Legacy unlocks do I lose those unlocks? For example, if I have a human female Sniper at level 50 with Act 3 completed will I lose the race unlock, Heroic Ability, and class emote for my other characters if I delete her?

Zawny: Any chance there will be an effort to develop account storage somewhat similar in nature to guild banks so that characters on an account can access items rather than mailing them under what the current plan appears to be?

DarthBloodloss: Why doesn't ranked War Hero armor (or the new tier of PvE armor) have augment slots?
Of the 9 questions, 5 have been answered before and the information could have been found in a cursory Google search. They could also have asked on the forums and gotten answers from fellow players inside of 60 seconds. If the askers of these questions don't know the answers, they don't care that much.

I propose adding a "Google test" to the question selection process. You have other means of repeatedly answering common questions -- Twitter, the forums, etc. Let the Q&A serve a unique purpose.
>

Aiysis
04.20.2012 , 04:08 PM | #6
No more info regarding steps to help players on low population servers?

Lord_Ravenhurst
04.20.2012 , 04:14 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Aiysis View Post
No more info regarding steps to help players on low population servers?
As long as people ask boring nitpicky questions about toggling hoods on/off

BlackMink
04.20.2012 , 04:57 PM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Felioats View Post
Of the 9 questions, 5 have been answered before and the information could have been found in a cursory Google search. They could also have asked on the forums and gotten answers from fellow players inside of 60 seconds. If the askers of these questions don't know the answers, they don't care that much.

I propose adding a "Google test" to the question selection process. You have other means of repeatedly answering common questions -- Twitter, the forums, etc. Let the Q&A serve a unique purpose.
EDIT: I think I misunderstood the person I am quoting. Modifying my reply slightly for courtesy to felioats.

A lot of people asking questions seem to fail to understand the purpose of these Q&As. They are for getting official developer answers about current game mechanics, not for asking about theoretical features and stuff that we MIGHT get months from now.

My own question asked for clarification on Threat mechanics. I know it's a generic question, but I am a raid tank. I need and want to have a good official understanding of how threat works. I don't want to ask random player #9,873 how it works for this particular game. A google search or a player answer will consist of how random people assume it works, or how it worked in some other game not made by Bioware.

The answer they gave me wasn't quite as detailed as I had hoped for, but it did add clarification on a few things. Between the answer given, as well as the raid combat logs I have been generating on both my Tank and my Sniper, I am beginning to understand where tank threat problems are coming from.

I have just obtained some very valuable information today that's going to come in handy going forward.

Tkara
04.20.2012 , 05:02 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by Evilsteps View Post
I was hoping for some questions or answers that dealt with the current PvP state. Guess not...
Yeah, I was hoping for questions and answers about PvP too.

JeramieCrowe
04.20.2012 , 07:02 PM | #10
Several of those questions have already been asked and answered on this forum... Whereas other questions, such as when will new playable species that work with the current storylines (such as Cathar and Togruta) be made available remain unanswered...

Not the best Q&A, BioWare... sorry to say.
Allix Crowe - Vanguard Trooper -/- Ethavan Crowe - Smuggler Gunslinger -/- Malrath Crowe - Powertech Bounty Hunter -/- Boslo - Jedi Knight Sentinel -/- Jiao-gen Pall - Jedi Knight Guardian -/- Landen Tanarr - Jedi Consular Sage -/- Vaelyth Kinti-kaar- Sith Warrior Juggernaut -/- Oteln'erose'thu - Imperial Agent Sniper -/- Zandur Tuum - Cathar Knight