Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Resolution and settings file

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service
Resolution and settings file
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nex_Legis
04.20.2012 , 09:49 AM | #1
Hello everybody,

I just installed the game and downloaded the patches. My problem is, that the game seems to start at a resolution which is much higher than that of my monitor (1920x1080). As a result, parts of the bottom and the right side of the screen are cut off.

I'm running on WinXP and I'm currently trying to find the settings file for SWToR, but it seems there is none. I checked all the locations other users posted and also searched my system for all SWToR related files, but none of the folders contained the settings file.

I did not install the game on my main partition (C) but on another one (D) instead, no idea if that matters.

Would really appreciate help,

Nex

EDIT: I'm sorry, (un) fortunately I found it a few seconds after posting this, even though I've been searching for over 15 minutes already. The folder did not show up in the search results, I have no idea why.

EDIT2:

Alright, the correct resolution is chosen, but the game still starts in a higher one. I can scroll down in the game menu to access the in-game settings buttons, but according to those, my resolution is already at 1920x1080 and when I reselect it and click the apply button, nothing changes. Any ideas?

Smaois
04.20.2012 , 11:41 AM | #2 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Greetings Nex_Legis,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing and issue setting your resolution.

Please try the following:
  • Ensure that the game is closed and then go to the following default location(where the client_settings file is):
    C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Local\SWTOR
  • Please cut and paste the SWTOR folder from this location to your desktop
  • Please restart the game and the SWTOR folder should be recreated, with the game settings returned to default.
Please post here if you require further assistance.

Smaois | BioWare Customer Service Forum Support

Tevri
04.26.2012 , 05:35 PM | #3
Hello, I require further assistance on a similar matter to this. For whatever reason, I do not even have a settings folder created and cannot access my GUI profiles as a result.

File path: C:\Users\[yourname]\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings\GUIprofiles

Does not exist for me. Yes, I have changed "yourname" to the appropriate name; I have all folders on UNHIDE so nothing is hidden.

When accessing AppData->Local, there is no SWTOR folder AT ALL. Please help. I have already reinstalled the game two times.