Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

41 power or 41 expertise.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
41 power or 41 expertise.

AWESTRN
04.20.2012 , 09:04 AM | #1
I'm a focus guardian. Looking to min / max sweep dps. End game pvp am I looking for the expertise or power color crystal. With the changes to expertise I'm not sure anymore.

KiranK
04.20.2012 , 09:24 AM | #2
Expertise without a doubt. Expertise was doubled last patch and they practically took away the fall off curve completely.
There's no QQing in baseball.

Marqhill
04.20.2012 , 10:06 AM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by KiranK View Post
Expertise without a doubt. Expertise was doubled last patch and they practically took away the fall off curve completely.
Take every thing this man has said at face value and run with it. Expertise is absolutely the way to go if you're going to be pvp'ing exclusively.

AWESTRN
04.20.2012 , 10:11 AM | #4
Thanks guys. Wish I would have made this post before I bought the 41 power green gem with all my samples. LOLOLOL.

Elear
04.20.2012 , 11:03 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by AWESTRN View Post
Thanks guys. Wish I would have made this post before I bought the 41 power green gem with all my samples. LOLOLOL.
If you did not put it in lightsaber already, it still shouldn't be bound so you can trade it or keep for alt or trading later.

Funick
04.20.2012 , 11:58 AM | #6
41 power actually wins most of the time by a decent margin...

expertise of course helps your defense in addition to your damage but for max damage power is definitely better. The expertise changes just drastically cut the diminishing returns but even at low expertise before 1.2 you were better off with power crystal, this remains the same.

seektravota
04.23.2012 , 07:54 AM | #7
you can still pve/raiding with +41 power crystal. that's what i do with my war hero saber.

Jhayden
04.23.2012 , 10:35 AM | #8
I'm a focus guardian. Looking to min / max sweep dps. End game pvp am I looking for the expertise or power color crystal. With the changes to expertise I'm not sure anymore.
if you are pvping, expertise all the way. there is nothing more important in pvp then expertise. If its pve then you definitely want power