Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

"Friend or Foe" Proof that BW Hates Troopers

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
"Friend or Foe" Proof that BW Hates Troopers

FlippinFlapJack
04.20.2012 , 06:09 AM | #1
At level 44, it seems like playing trooper is just a grind match but I have come this far and I don’t want to quit now.

But to demonstrate how much BW hates the trooper class, we need to turn to Belsavis and ‘friend or foe’ mission.

So I wake up in the middle of the night and know I am not going back to sleep so I thought ‘hey let’s take the trooper out for a little spin’.

Spoiler

Eutoxis
04.20.2012 , 06:42 AM | #2
I laughed, I cried, I peed my pants. A little.

Necodreus
04.20.2012 , 02:46 PM | #3
Lol, nice write up! Should have done one for all the Times we had to run back n forth in corscant before speeders allowed lol, man that was miserable, and bench why I went DS, seems like havoc squad won this war as no one else could trouble themselves from doing anything.

Ghrunn Felshard
50 DS Vanguard, 64 valor
Order of Methedras
Corellians Run
Primary Edict: Cut from the void, not from bewilderment. Cut the enemy as quickly as possible. Cut with certainty. Cut decisively, resolutely. Cut into his strength. Flow through the gaps in his guard. Cut him. Cut him down utterly. Don't allow him a breath. Cut him without mercy to the depths of his spirit. It is the balance to life: death. Squadron 238B

Hythrel
04.20.2012 , 05:26 PM | #4
Simply amazing and so true lol

origional
04.21.2012 , 08:48 AM | #5
When I leveled my Vanguard there was one mission, i forget what it was, that drove me nuts. You had to run back and forth and the mobs were spaced just a few steps apart and consisted of (group a) 3 normals, (group b) 1 normal 1 strong, and the ran a, b, a, b, a, b, a, b and so on.

You would complete the mission, and they would all be alive again, so you had to ab your way down the corrider, hand in the mission, get a new one, too go back down the same friggin corridior, and so on.

For some reason I didnt have that on my commando so i cant even recall what planet it was on. I think it was belsavis but not sure. Anyway. Almost made me quit the game it was so mind numbingly tedious and boring. Even worse than all teh rudging back and forth to general garaza, but then, her arse is so big if she moved their would be a shift in gravity.
George Lucas: I told you the game was called Star Wars. Bioware: You sure? We thought you said Stun Wars
Republic General on Imperial Favouritism: We can't win. If we strike them down Bioware will just make them more powerful than we could possibly imagine.

FlippinFlapJack
04.21.2012 , 01:24 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Necodreus View Post
Lol, nice write up! Should have done one for all the Times we had to run back n forth in corscant before speeders allowed lol, man that was miserable, and bench why I went DS, seems like havoc squad won this war as no one else could trouble themselves from doing anything.

Ghrunn Felshard
50 DS Vanguard, 64 valor
Order of Methedras
Corellians Run
Tell me about it. I started a JC just before 1.2. I didn't have sprint ability and it took me a half hour to get from the shuttle to the senate tower.

I started 2 other toons in the last few days and the sprint ability is available from the get go. If it was there the whole time, I must be an idiot (which wouldn't surprise me).

FlippinFlapJack
04.21.2012 , 01:27 PM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by origional View Post
When I leveled my Vanguard there was one mission, i forget what it was, that drove me nuts. You had to run back and forth and the mobs were spaced just a few steps apart and consisted of (group a) 3 normals, (group b) 1 normal 1 strong, and the ran a, b, a, b, a, b, a, b and so on.

You would complete the mission, and they would all be alive again, so you had to ab your way down the corrider, hand in the mission, get a new one, too go back down the same friggin corridior, and so on.

For some reason I didnt have that on my commando so i cant even recall what planet it was on. I think it was belsavis but not sure. Anyway. Almost made me quit the game it was so mind numbingly tedious and boring. Even worse than all teh rudging back and forth to general garaza, but then, her arse is so big if she moved their would be a shift in gravity.
Don't I know it!

I fight through so many poorly constructed tunnels, elevators and caves, finally get to the end, waste the big bad boss, hack into the computer and save the day. then I turn around to leave and who's standing there?

The same 250 jerks I just put down. Some times I fell like a wimp fro quick traveling back to where I need to turn in the mission but it gets a little tedious after a while.

Kongstadp
04.21.2012 , 02:15 PM | #8
Awesome, simply awesome

Yakito
04.21.2012 , 05:19 PM | #9
You made me laugh I haven't laughed today yet. Thank you.

erei
04.21.2012 , 06:32 PM | #10
There is also a mission in Belsavis, or Voss, I can't remember the planet, where the trooper smoke a room, with some bad guys inside. They are confused, and the trooper use an IA knife to kill them. The double bladed knife, I think it's called a shiv.
So, why suddenly my trooper, remember, the guy using a big assault cannon, with heavy armor, start to be sneaky, and use an empire knife ?