Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Runbacks

Havocx
04.23.2012 , 12:35 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Iwipe View Post
The run back if you wiped on Kephess is the worst
Especially when the trash magically respawn!

Freeborne
04.23.2012 , 12:42 PM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by DeimosAmon View Post
Nobody is asking for anything more than what the developers have already shown they're willing to do in KP, which is make the speeder rides to the various checkpoints instant. That's it. By all means keep exaggerating what's being suggested, though, it makes for such a compelling argument.
Well, you're dead wrong there. We're commenting on the fact that someone wanted the Black Hole Commendation chests to be automatically looted.

I quoted the guy who said that, and the you are attack quote me. By the Transitive Property of Quoting we're good. You're just not reading right.
The Ebon Hawk: 50 Commando, Shep'ard. 50 Guardian, Asha'man
Want a global LFG channel? Type "/cjoin LFG" on your server and get others to do the same!

CleverClothe
04.23.2012 , 12:53 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post
Well, you're dead wrong there. We're commenting on the fact that someone wanted the Black Hole Commendation chests to be automatically looted.

I quoted the guy who said that, and the you are attack quote me. By the Transitive Property of Quoting we're good. You're just not reading right.
Nope, you are still falling into a logical fallacy. The originally quoted post started it, so you were building off of a logic fallacy to begin with.

DeimosAmon
04.23.2012 , 12:58 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Freeborne View Post

I think the confusion is that this post (which seems to be the only one mentioning chest auto-loot)...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheRealCandyMan View Post
It's 1-2 minutes at worst to run back. Shall we eliminate all the trash mobs and put the bosses all right next to each other as well? How about a feature to automatically loot all the chests in EC so you don't have to go get them.
...seems fairly sarcastic to me. I took it to mean "wanting speeders is ridiculous, next thing you know chests will be auto-looted". Similar arguments I've heard include giving everyone full campaign gear on login since raiding takes time. You appear to have taken it literally in your response? (which I didn't quote, for the record )

Anyways no point in arguing semantics, I'll leave it at: I agree with the OP that the speeders should be like in KP, and am asking for no further convenience than a reversion to previously provided convenience that nobody complained about.
Lambo Calrassian - 50 Powertech - Sassy Bounty Hunter Extraordinaire
Erebus -- Drooga's Pleasure Barge - Empire
SWTOR Raid Ranks (US 12th, listed under old server/guild name)
Also: Hartmán - Vanguard - Goof Troop

Codek
04.23.2012 , 01:32 PM | #25
Quote: Originally Posted by DeimosAmon View Post
I think the confusion is that this post (which seems to be the only one mentioning chest auto-loot)...

...seems fairly sarcastic to me. I took it to mean "wanting speeders is ridiculous, next thing you know chests will be auto-looted". Similar arguments I've heard include giving everyone full campaign gear on login since raiding takes time. You appear to have taken it literally in your response? (which I didn't quote, for the record )

Anyways no point in arguing semantics, I'll leave it at: I agree with the OP that the speeders should be like in KP, and am asking for no further convenience than a reversion to previously provided convenience that nobody complained about.
You do realize that the only reason KP had instant travel was because the developers built the level without any consideration of a speeder run though it. So the quick fix was to just zap you there instead of trying to create a travel path through all the corridors and elevator shafts. It was poor design that just happened to make raiding life more convenient as an apology.

I personally would not hold BW to the standards of such lazy shortcut as a means of future implementation of transportation within raids. The concept of players just bouncing from one place to another makes no logical sense and truly just looks broken. Hell, even the rakata transporters on Belsavis seemed pretty cheesy in general.
~Codek

Raeln
04.23.2012 , 03:24 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by Codek View Post
You do realize that the only reason KP had instant travel was because the developers built the level without any consideration of a speeder run though it. So the quick fix was to just zap you there instead of trying to create a travel path through all the corridors and elevator shafts. It was poor design that just happened to make raiding life more convenient as an apology.

I personally would not hold BW to the standards of such lazy shortcut as a means of future implementation of transportation within raids. The concept of players just bouncing from one place to another makes no logical sense and truly just looks broken. Hell, even the rakata transporters on Belsavis seemed pretty cheesy in general.
"Logical sense" or not, accumulating 30 minutes (15 wipes * 2 minutes per runback) or more of wasting time per raid night in just running back after wipes is not going to reduce raider attrition at all.

There is a reason why other MMOs started putting things in like player summoning spells, click transports past bosses and quick flight/speeder paths.

Shoot, just doing the 3 Tatooine Rakghoul bosses last night made me wish for a player summon ability. It takes forever for someone to move from planet_A to Tatooine, then speeder out to where the boss was. Sandwich time, my friend.

Nishki
04.23.2012 , 03:46 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Jokingly View Post
Stop being so lazy is what I think. Enjoy the environment. Use the time to think about what went wrong. This isn't team deathmatch.
Lazy? Are my legs n lungs getting a workout? Nope. I want to get back to the action faster. Long run backs are just a time waster and I hate wasting time. A speeder or a shortcut is very reasonable. Long run backs that can be avoided by design are just poor design. I've appreciated speeders and mounts and the use of speeders in orbital stations. Haven't you? Or are you putting your money where your mouth is and continuing to hoof it through those zones? I'd bet money you're mounting up...

Raeln
04.23.2012 , 03:48 PM | #28
Quote: Originally Posted by Nishki View Post
Lazy? Are my legs n lungs getting a workout? Nope. I want to get back to the action faster. Long run backs are just a time waster and I hate wasting time. A speeder or a shortcut is very reasonable. Long run backs that can be avoided by design are just poor design. I've appreciated speeders and mounts and the use of speeders in orbital stations. Haven't you? Or are you putting your money where your mouth is and continuing to hoof it through those zones? I'd bet money you're mounting up...
I wonder if he is one of those roleplayers that I saw on Tython walking everywhere during early access.

Now that would be lulzy - imagine an entire raid walking back through Denova after every wipe. Not riding a speeder, not running on foot - but roleplay walking.

gabusan
04.23.2012 , 06:32 PM | #29
Quote: Originally Posted by Raeln View Post
Now that would be lulzy
There is still people that speaks like this? Didnt the MMO player base mature already?

Boissi
04.23.2012 , 07:58 PM | #30
What I don't get is why the speeder in Denova isn't even instant like it is in KP, even that little fix would make the whole thing better. The runbacks are pretty horrid yes, and I just can't work out the reason for them. I know the runs are a million times shorter than they were in the early days of wow for example, but it really doesn't make them fine. It just makes the whole experience of killing a boss far less fun. If they actually want people to have to waste time to make boss kills take longer, they might as well just make the bosses 15% tougher. I'd much rather spend my time fighting a really hard boss than running around like an idiot. The actual fights are never boring, but the overall experience gets very tedious when it takes 10 minutes between tries.
@ Scepter of Ragnos

Zixu - 50 Sith Juggernaut |||Sihq - 50 Sith Sorcerer ||| Powers - 50 Operative ||| Ziksi - 49 Jedi Sentinel ||| Ziksu - 41 Powertech ||| Zixi - 17+ Sniper