Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Question about Diplomacy

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Question about Diplomacy

bobzap
04.20.2012 , 05:36 AM | #1
I've got this skill, and its only level 38/400, I'm pretty new to the game. But it says up top, that my mission skills level 10-16. My toon is level 25, and according to the few guides I've found I should have had new missions available to when I got to 30/400. I've visited the trainer in the space fleet several times and it says he has nothing to teach me, and I'm only getting 1 light side point per mission. So I'm just wondering am I doing something wrong or is this normal?

redfurry
04.20.2012 , 05:53 AM | #2
The Diplomacy trainer will never teach you anything beyond aquiring the skill in the first place, the mission tiers are unlocked by leveling the Diplomacy skill.
I do not know exactly when each tier is unlocked, but 30 skill sounds a bit too soon. There are 6 tiers in total, for 400 skill points, so I would imagine it would be every 65 points or so.

parmie
04.20.2012 , 05:56 AM | #3
I'm not sure at which skill rating you get new missions but it seems as though it's either a bug or what seems more likely, you are not running missions which improve your skill. As your skill rises the moderate missions turn grey which means that they no longer increase your skill.

If you begin to run missions where the title is coloured green or amber you'll start to see it increase again, running those missions does have a chance at failing although it'll still increase your skill.

If you have been running the green/amber missions and your skill is still not increasing, sounds like a bug.

bobzap
04.20.2012 , 06:43 AM | #4
thanks for the info, I'll keep at it

Umrattawil
04.20.2012 , 02:09 PM | #5
The "level 10-16" corresponds to a grade of materials (Grade 1 in this case) and a rough approximate of the level range for the products that they are used to create.

As your skill level increases more missions are introduced into the mix of available missions. You will see Grade 2 missions somewhere around 60/400.

GnatB
04.20.2012 , 02:50 PM | #6
Quote: Originally Posted by Umrattawil View Post
The "level 10-16" corresponds to a grade of materials (Grade 1 in this case) and a rough approximate of the level range for the products that they are used to create.
This. Basically the dropdown doesn't tell you what you need to know/what's important. Just the first entry (10-16) is grade 1 mats, 2nd is grade 2, 3rd is grade 3, etc. What the entry actually says is largely irrelevant.

So when you want to make an item requiring grade 3 medical supplies, it doesn't matter if it's lvl a 23 or 26 item, you want to run medical supply missions from the choice 3rd from the top in the dropdown, (which I believe is labeled 25 -32?)