Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Wait, why did I craft augmented armor again?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Wait, why did I craft augmented armor again?

Mythicrose
04.20.2012 , 10:45 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by VoidJustice View Post
also doesn't anyone realize you can use one piece of augmented gear without losing your set bonus...

/sigh
As a sniper, my two set bonus is a joke (10 energy refunded on a two minute CD ability). My four piece is decent by lowering my takedown attack by 7 energy....but a raid boss isn't going to stay at 30% health long. I've so far crafted for myself an augmented helmet, chest piece, legs, boots, and gloves. I bought an augmented sniper rifle. The 96ish cunning I've gained from augments has so far been a larger boost than my set bonuses. Once I have my campaign gear I'll even get my crummy set bonuses back.
Sniper, Renegade Soldiers [Davik's Estate]
5/5 Nightmare EV
5/5 Nightmare Karagga's Palace
4/4 Hard Mode Explosive Conflict

GnatB
04.20.2012 , 11:27 AM | #12
Sounds like overpricing this stuff may be a common problem. The augmented battlemaster stuff (gloves/boots) should be fetching high numbers, as mats are expensive. But the low level 15-27 stuff you should be able to churn out for a few k credits an item, even factoring in cost of non-crits. My guess is most people aren't buying because they're simply doing it themselves if you're charging 100k+. Or waiting for supply and competition to bring the prices down.

I'd guess I'm selling 6 or 7 15-27 pieces a day at far more "reasonable" prices. (and a couple battlemaster stuff at far less "reasonable" prices) And I consider my server fairly underpopulated.

Amalak
04.20.2012 , 01:35 PM | #13
I love the augmented armor, my Rakata set bonuses have transfered with no problems... but even if it didnt I would be happy with all the extra strength as a Mara I have almost 2100 buffed strength and almost 21k buffed health, its a big difference from pre 1.2 and definately helps in new ops and fp

supafreak
04.20.2012 , 01:52 PM | #14
Quote: Originally Posted by GnatB View Post
Sounds like overpricing this stuff may be a common problem. The augmented battlemaster stuff (gloves/boots) should be fetching high numbers, as mats are expensive. But the low level 15-27 stuff you should be able to churn out for a few k credits an item, even factoring in cost of non-crits. My guess is most people aren't buying because they're simply doing it themselves if you're charging 100k+. Or waiting for supply and competition to bring the prices down.

I'd guess I'm selling 6 or 7 15-27 pieces a day at far more "reasonable" prices. (and a couple battlemaster stuff at far less "reasonable" prices) And I consider my server fairly underpopulated.
If it looks somewhat iconic or normal or is level 50 it takes lvl 6 mats ex: fortified electrum greaves : 6 electrum 4 cortosis 8 upari) x 4 or 3 if you're lucky till crit and 100k is barely worth the time, especially since if it looks nice the buyer is a one time customer as they can now use it forever. Selling low end stuff doesnt work either because it looks like it belongs on a low level player, it's really basic, not worth the augment slot for most people. This is armor after all, it's the most noticeable thing on a character.
Being able to make a mint isnt the main issue here, its making enough money to get above the red,it is viability. It's not even worth wearing myself at this point.
Death By Snu Snu- The Spirit is Willing But The Flesh is Spongy and Bruised