Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Making money with Biochem

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Crew Skills
Making money with Biochem

Murdertrane
04.20.2012 , 03:53 AM | #1
I went pretty much all-in on Biochem since the vast majority of my time is spent in PvP--on all of my characters.

For my purposes, Biochem was the no-brainer crewskill to have.

I had also not expected to still be playing. The game kinda lost me, but I met a great group of PvPers who keep me interested. However, I'm starting to feel a little bit of a money crunch now that there are things to buy on the GTN, whereas credits were pretty much worthless before.

I'm glad that the economy is getting a boost. But when I see armormechs/armstechs selling augmented gear for 2-300k a pop, I can't help but feel a little left out.

A knee-jerk (and ignorant) response would be that I should have not chased the best crew skill for PvP. But I see no reason not to, since that's mainly what I do ingame.

I'm just wondering if we've actually got any decent means of making money in 1.2 as Biochem?

I make a little off of epic implants in the 20-40 range, but most folks don't buy the level 49s (I have no raid patterns, of course) since the PvP/Daily implants are pretty easy to come by at 50.

Any ideas?

I've tried selling Stims/Adrenals but I end up breaking even it seems.

Did I miss some interesting 1.2 goodness for Biochem'ers?

Sonikon
04.24.2012 , 12:58 AM | #2
You should try the armstech crafting and the subsequent skills for it as those materials sell for a lot of money. I took up biochem to keep me alive and boosted. I don't wish to be rich just alive to see the end-game.
Keep it smooth.

TheCeleb
04.24.2012 , 01:35 AM | #3
Sell Hyper-Battle stims. Normally will go for around 10-15k depending on server, and its pretty easy to get the matts imo. Same for Exotechs if you come across the schem. Exotech stims are the #1 cash flow for biochem imo.

The Hyper-battle stims really aren't that great for money tho, maybe 3k profit or something each, but if you crit, you get 2, so thats doubled. Nonetheless, its nothing like Armstech or Synth or anything else, but the key point is the money you SAVE not having to buy stims for raids and PvP matches (which you should ALWAYS do if you're not Biochem).

The other way to make cash is to crit Columi implants, but as you stated, you're not into raids and therefore have no schems. As a side note though, these normally crit once out of every 5 or so. The matts cost around 75k-100k depending on server I'd say and the critted implants sell for 750k-1M+ depending on server and augment. If un-critted, they still sell for around 150k-200k. These are really good cash, but Biochem money-making is tailored around PvE... sorry.
Mainstream ------ The Swiftsure

DeutschGamer
04.24.2012 , 01:39 AM | #4
I make a good profit from implants, atm 21-33 level range. I never made much from adrenals or stims and only sold the occasional medic consumable.
Its all the force's fault.

Corso is my sidekick..or more specifically that little monkey you dress up in a tux and sit in a corner to look interesting but in reality doesn't really do anything.

Jackobite
04.24.2012 , 02:21 AM | #5
I know a few of my friends jibe each other at undercutting their prices of the blue 2hour stims, they persist thru death and seem to sell well, for sure as a tank I never do an ops without the extra endurance.

As ever prices depend on server and how many are making them.
CE