Interesting find on Firebrand and Stormcaller

The other night while looking through my parses from the Firebrand and Stormcaller fight I noticed something quite interesting. Apparently Mortal Volley counts as OUR damage, which in turn has a chance to make those useful damage proc trinkets go off... Unfortunately this causes them to hit the shield generator causing added damage that is not needed.

Here is my damage done to the shield generator during the fight:

% of Damage Target Hits Total Damage Average DPS Average Damage/Hit Miss %

1.23% Shield Generator 22 4223 15.82 191.95 0%

% of Target Hits Action Total Damage Average DPS Average Damage/Hit Critical %

1.08% 20 Mortar Volley 3720 13.93 186 0%

0.15% 2 Dark Spike 503 1.88 251.5 50%

As you can see here, clearly I did not hit the shield generator with any of my abilities (I am a marauder) and yet my Dark Energy Surge relic procced and damaged the shield generator twice.

on the subject of dark energy surge, it dropped today. but the damage value on the new one was 7 points higher then the one i had equipped...***!

Keep in mind that some kinds of dmg are affected by armor and therefore armor debuffs on a target. This could account for the difference. (Or you had the normal mode one before & got the hardmode one this time?)

Keep in mind that some kinds of dmg are affected by armor and therefore armor debuffs on a target. This could account for the difference. (Or you had the normal mode one before & got the hardmode one this time?)

it was nightmare to hard version, it wasnt the damage it was doing it was the number listed on the actual relic.

as far as I am aware these 2 versions are suppose to be identical.

Edited by Carbonated