Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

[PvE] Imbalanced DPS between DDs is laughable

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes
[PvE] Imbalanced DPS between DDs is laughable

Xyleya
04.20.2012 , 02:07 PM | #11
I don't need to link any specs or combat-logs. Everyone can try the mentioned classes himself with the cookie-cutter-setups and see for himself that my given numbers are valid.
For rotations and all the specs etc, you can go read the several forums to find out what cookie-cutter-setups are being used.

Additionally, it's only those of you who are requesting numbers, who don't play all them classes themselves and to those of you I'm not even talking as you can't compare them yourself. You just like to ramble and I'm not responding to that.

kiwoo
04.20.2012 , 02:37 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaliras View Post
Also the arguement that the so called "pure" dps classes should do more damage than those that have the option to spec for tanking/healing has been had ever since the game that shall not be named came out, and was pretty much in the end colcluded to be full of sheit. No matter what your options are, you should do equal damage if you are specced for it, since that is all that matters in the min/max world of raiding/opsing, and because you don't have the option to switch mid-fight, so the option is useless except for staving of boredom.
If ACs that can heal for example are able to push out the same damage as a pure damage class. Why bother with damage classes?

Take Sage and gunslingers for example. If a Sage can do as much damage as a Gunslinger. Why take a Gunslinger over a Sage when the Sage has the utility for an extra shield and emergency heals plus cleanse?

Thats why pure DPS classes Need to be able out damage DPS specced healers/tanks.

Sage has DPS+heals.
Gunslinger has DPS only.

trevah
04.20.2012 , 02:48 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Xyleya View Post
I don't need to link any specs or combat-logs. Everyone can try the mentioned classes himself with the cookie-cutter-setups and see for himself that my given numbers are valid.
For rotations and all the specs etc, you can go read the several forums to find out what cookie-cutter-setups are being used.

Additionally, it's only those of you who are requesting numbers, who don't play all them classes themselves and to those of you I'm not even talking as you can't compare them yourself. You just like to ramble and I'm not responding to that.
Welcome to the internet...where NO ONE BELIEVES YOU.

Don't come on here touting claims of game-breaking DPS-imbalance and then refusing to post hard evidence. You're feeding the trolls and they're already overfed. Stop or support your arguments.
You're not as right as you think you are.

Darthlemi
04.20.2012 , 03:07 PM | #14

:w ea_02: You are full of tautaun excrement!
Tull Legacy of Terentatek: Extant, Rastrepo, Rastrepa

TheOpf
04.20.2012 , 03:45 PM | #15
Your numbers are really skewed. In a raid the other night the AP PT was sitting at 1500, and the Mara was pushing 1500, and everyone else was between 1200 and 1500 depending on deaths, rotations, gear, and genuine uptime on the target.

Currently from every number I have seen from regular raiders, the top two dps is Powertech and Marauders, than come the Sorcs, Mercs, and Juggernaughts, finally coming the Assassins, Snipers, and Operatives. Everyone is within 100 dps of the guy right ahead of them in some fights I have seen the MM sniper hitting close to 1400. It's not within 5 percent as BW says, but it's not 1150 to 1800. I have yet to see anyone hit 1800 in a raid. I don't raid often, I stick mainly to pvp, but my guild and the guys I group with raid regularly, and they share data with me.

If your merc is only hitting 1150 than he is an awful pve player or his gear is complete crap, and/or he is doing something besides sticking to his rotation. I mean I can hit 1150 as an AP pt in pvp gear without a sweat.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

Demwarala
04.20.2012 , 05:39 PM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by TheOpf View Post
Your numbers are really skewed. In a raid the other night the AP PT was sitting at 1500, and the Mara was pushing 1500, and everyone else was between 1200 and 1500 depending on deaths, rotations, gear, and genuine uptime on the target.

Currently from every number I have seen from regular raiders, the top two dps is Powertech and Marauders, than come the Sorcs, Mercs, and Juggernaughts, finally coming the Assassins, Snipers, and Operatives. Everyone is within 100 dps of the guy right ahead of them in some fights I have seen the MM sniper hitting close to 1400. It's not within 5 percent as BW says, but it's not 1150 to 1800. I have yet to see anyone hit 1800 in a raid. I don't raid often, I stick mainly to pvp, but my guild and the guys I group with raid regularly, and they share data with me.

If your merc is only hitting 1150 than he is an awful pve player or his gear is complete crap, and/or he is doing something besides sticking to his rotation. I mean I can hit 1150 as an AP pt in pvp gear without a sweat.
thats pretty the same situation i see at our raids, depending on uptime at the target for melees and if the rangeclasses don't messup their rotation, all of them are almost around the same dps ... not. because maras and pt dds are way ahead. dunno whats the mechanic of the pt dmg, but he's by far to strong for now and if the mara gets the same heal like the tanks get ... few, 100% uptime at the boss and even more dps is possible.

TheOpf
04.20.2012 , 05:53 PM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Demwarala View Post
because maras and pt dds are way ahead. dunno whats the mechanic of the pt dmg, but he's by far to strong for now and if the mara gets the same heal like the tanks get ... few, 100% uptime at the boss and even more dps is possible.
PT's damage really depends on which spec. However, the PT mechanics are a little different than most classes. They run heavy burst so they typically do 70 percent of their damage in a span of 6 seconds and then do average to just below average dps for the next 9 seconds, and then do their burst again.

For AP specs, their burst can hit close to 12k within that time if they get crits. PFT + Immolate + RP = 6 seconds of serious burst.

For Pyro it's the TD/RS/RP/RS burst that crushes things. With crits they can hit pretty close to 12k in damage in 6 seconds.
The Bounty Hunter AP Guide: Always Learning -Vanguard Tactics Guide: Where is my PG Slow?
Anam Ithieor- 50 AP Powertech
Anbas Ithieor- 20 Operative (lethality/healer)

Xyleya
04.20.2012 , 09:46 PM | #18
There's so much fail in reading comprehension in here....

Again. I play all the mentioned classes (Sniper, Sorc, Merc, Maro, Assa, Operative). I compare the damage between my characters, which are all Columi/Rakata equipped. I've thrown out any speed or unnecessary accuracy and all my DPS-chars (Maro, Sorc, Merc, Sniper) have 98% Accuracy (bar the Sorc, that doesn't need any accuracy) 30-35% Crit, 75-77% Surge and 800-820 bonus damage.

Specced as follows... Sorc = Madness, Sniper = Lethality, Maro = Annihilation, and Merc = Arsenal with the according rotations used.

Now, as I play all these chars myself, comparing all of them with my skills and the same equipment-level and stats, there's nothing to discuss really. The numbers speak for themselves, tested on the boss dummy.

Please start leveling all these classes yourself and play them before you start ************ about my thread, because those of you who don't play all the classes don't have anything of value to say imho.

Xyleya
04.20.2012 , 10:39 PM | #19
Did you notice the little [PvE]? I'm not doing any PvP at all, so stop QQing maybe yourself.

Posting logs isn't necessary, you just have to do a 5 minute fight against the boss dummy yourself with all the classes. Raid-numbers don't count due to buffs and debuffs from other players etc. In a raid I do more damage with a Sniper or Merc and less with a Maro, that's not what I'm talking about tho.

gunte
04.21.2012 , 08:38 AM | #20
Did you notice the little [PvE]? I'm not doing any PvP at all, so stop QQing maybe yourself.

Posting logs isn't necessary, you just have to do a 5 minute fight against the boss dummy yourself with all the classes. Raid-numbers don't count due to buffs and debuffs from other players etc. In a raid I do more damage with a Sniper or Merc and less with a Maro, that's not what I'm talking about tho.
Everyone doesnt have all classes in the same gear. Either post your logs or stop writing. Also the fact that you continously refuse to post the logs is just lol.
Aredun - Titans - The Red Eclipse EU
Glory is of no use to the dead.

Check out my youtube - http://www.youtube.com/user/gunte11/videos