Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Change to rewards is a step in the right direction, but TTK is still way too short.

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Change to rewards is a step in the right direction, but TTK is still way too short.
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sweeet
04.19.2012 , 06:32 PM | #1
I was PvP'ing after the patch, we won some, we lost some, but in each WZ it was the same - burst or be burst, no middle ground or strategy at all, just people bursting people down as quickly as possible.

Everyone I speak to in my guild, or on the republic fleet, all think that the time-to-kill is far too short. The only reason people are still pvp'ing is because they have a better chance at getting gear now with the increased rewards, or just because they have nothing better to do, not because they actually enjoy it. I actually think most people are under the delusion that when they get full BM gear things will get better, but alas they will not. The TTK is still just as short with full BM gear as it is with full Recruit gear.

You've turned PvP into a twitchy mess Bioware, I really don't understand your reasoning for this? Not one person I've spoken too has been able to come up with a logical reason for you wanting to take the strategic gameplay out of PvP. I hardly think this was a mistake, for some bizarre reason you actually thought people would enjoy a more twitch based experience, which just proves how out of touch you are with your target audience and how utterly dyer your metrics are.

I know you think that us forum dwellers are the vocal minority Bioware, but I promise you this, the feeling is mutual with the majority of non-forum dwellers within game, I can assure you. Just because people are PvP'ing at the moment does not mean that they are enjoying these changes and lack of strategy brought with 1.2

Your only hope at saving PvP and not losing a massive chunk of your subscribers, is either to reduce burst, or make our health pools larger to cope with the incoming burst and then readjust healing to match the larger health pools. I see no other way you can fix this mess you've created.

That is all.

LoKiei
04.19.2012 , 06:32 PM | #2
Everyone I have talked to on my server likes PvP better or doesn't care.

Sweeet
04.19.2012 , 06:33 PM | #3
Quote: Originally Posted by LoKiei View Post
Everyone I have talked to on my server likes PvP better or doesn't care.
You're an Imp aren't you?

LoKiei
04.19.2012 , 06:37 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Sweeet View Post
You're an Imp aren't you?
Yes, and I'm moderatly well known but not liked by the republic .

LiveandDieinLA
04.19.2012 , 06:39 PM | #5
I like PVP better now.

12 minute voidstars where i did 600k damage and got 3 kills, that wasn't fun.
Aeryon / Aerror
Bastion
West Coast PVP

lironBD
04.19.2012 , 06:41 PM | #6
Actually on my server the republic side is much less "squishy" then the imps.

As an imp myself I tend to confront a lot of pubs mostly Sages\Shadows which are damn hard to kill... it's require a full DOTs set up and burst damage just to make them stop and try to run\heal.

The short ttk is mostly happening on our server when 2-3 players are fighting same 1 enemy.
Europe -> The Red Ecplipse
Oracans-> Sith Pureblood Inquisitor Sorcerer

Doomsdaycomes
04.19.2012 , 06:47 PM | #7
TTK is a little low, but as an above poster mentioned, this really comes down to how many people are focusing a target. As a sorc healer, I can usually keep someone up in 2 vs 2, but 3+ on my target and it's toast. That seems fair.

If anything, more strategy is needed as simply rushing in and expecting your healers to keep everyone up isn't viable.

Tanks actually have a decent role to play in keeping other people alive, and you must absolutely protect your healers and not let them get in a position to be FF'ed, as well as peel anyone who gets close to them.

<.< On my alts, I pvp for exp. Omg it is sweet!

Sweeet
04.19.2012 , 06:48 PM | #8
All PvP feels like to me now is a short sharp fix with no substance. I get in, get my reward, then get out. It's not satisfying and after 5-6 games I'm burnt out. I'm literally there to gear up and do my daily's, nothing else.

Pre 1.2 I could play all night regardless of whether I won or lost, because PvP had substance and I was playing to participate, not for the rewards. This also seems to be the general consensus with the people I talk to in-game.

Doomsdaycomes
04.19.2012 , 06:51 PM | #9
I wanted to add; There is a way to "add" a massive chunk to your health. It's called -actually- planning/building your gear, and not just grabbing a complete matched set. Complete sets are good, but there are so many tools at your disposal to customize your gear and fortify your weakness, that I've found most pvp'ers dont/won't do,

Sweeet
04.19.2012 , 06:54 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Doomsdaycomes View Post
I wanted to add; There is a way to "add" a massive chunk to your health. It's called -actually- planning/building your gear, and not just grabbing a complete matched set. Complete sets are good, but there are so many tools at your disposal to customize your gear and fortify your weakness, that I've found most pvp'ers dont/won't do,
Like Assassin/Shadow Tanks in their Tank sets but with DPS mods? Yeah I've met those, they're not fun.