Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Quiting in WZ needs to be FIXED!!!!!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > PvP
Quiting in WZ needs to be FIXED!!!!!

Mongir
04.19.2012 , 04:44 PM | #1
Quitting in WZ's is just getting out of control yet again. I just Q'd for a Void Star WZ and started with 7 players drop to 3 and then just had people come and go from there on. I know that BioWare has stated they are giving a penalty for quitting a ranked WZ early but why not regs? There was a like 8 people that came and left that is very sad, so what is gonna happen? I hate doing that but it is to the point where to complete my dailies i gonna be forced to look for a good group, because that is what everyone else is doing.... I suggest there should be a 15 minute debuff for and that leaves a WZ (note i said leaves not gets DC'ed) So BioWare what are ya gonna do?
West Coast Casual PvE/PvP Guild
Unconquerable Fury................................Website

ReklessCreation
04.19.2012 , 05:01 PM | #2
Video Link For Example

So you guys can see first hand what the problem is, I had happened to be recording this video.

Notice in the first 2 minuets of the video, our team drops to 3 people only after the enemy plants the bomb. Knowing it will be all and good that they can just Re-Queue to find a new WZ they can piggyback a win off of.

This has to be fixed please. Add a penalty to people who leave WZ's, like:

first infraction, they cannot re queue for 5 minuets.
second infraction, they cannot re queue for 10 minuets
third infraction. decrease in commendations earned for matches for rest of the day.

Also pubs are OP (lol)
I used to be a fourm poster like you... but then I took a blaster to the knee.

Mongir
04.19.2012 , 05:03 PM | #3
Please Post replies if you want this fixed!!! BioWare needs to know!!! SAVE THE REG lvl 50 WZ's!!! Please post!!!!
West Coast Casual PvE/PvP Guild
Unconquerable Fury................................Website

Henu
04.19.2012 , 05:07 PM | #4
Of corse it needs to addressed/fixed.
Kripty / Snips

JayPres
04.19.2012 , 05:09 PM | #5
With rewards for losing being raised you should still see less people quitting unless they just want valor.
All in good fun

cashogy
04.19.2012 , 05:11 PM | #6
90 comms for losing. i think we will start to see if bioware's anti-afk features actually work

Aravos
04.19.2012 , 05:15 PM | #7
Agreed, Mongir! I'm not sure how this got left out with the 1.2 patch drop, there should absolutely be a penalty in non-ranked War Zones for players who go AFK, or quit during a match.

Leaving a penalty out of the game for quitting or AFK'ing players during PVP is basically the equivalent of having the reset option in Operations available during a boss fight; If players didn't like the way the fight was going, they could just right click their portrait and reset the fight. Totally un-reasonable, and to scale of the missing PVP penalty In my opinion.

SWTOR staff: Please consider strongly the implementation of penalties for players who are abusing the rest of the PVP player base and keep the War Zones fair. Nobody wants to wait in a queue to play a War Zone with a player AFK and 3 others quitting because they don't like how the first 60 seconds are going, that's just punishment for the people who actually want to play and see it though. Support winners, not quitters!

Thanks,

Aravos (Paul)
Guild Leader Unconquerable Fury on The Bastion
Official Guild Website
Aravos - Sith Warrior: Juggernaut
Aravon - Sith Inquisitor: Assassin

itsmymillertime
04.19.2012 , 05:16 PM | #8
until people realize a patch came out today that makes losing worth playing, people will still leave warzones.

XElementalX
04.19.2012 , 05:22 PM | #9
Dear Bioware,

please kill a little puppy for everyone who leaves a Warzone. This will teach them! ^^
Now playing:
Revolverheld John <Das Wayne-Vermächtnis>
Sithdartha <Das Gautama-Vermächtnis>

itsmymillertime
04.19.2012 , 05:31 PM | #10
i just lost a warzone and got 95 commendations, TY BIOWARE!!!!